What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Barkley..super bowl winner? (1 Viewer)

Weebs210

Footballguy
For those of us who made it to the championship with not so great QBs Barkley just may be our best bet. 

He gets Washington at home who has let opposing QBs score over 20 pts in 6/7 of the past weeks. Redskins are coming of a very short week after playing Monday night and suiting up Saturday. 

Barkley has also scored over 18 in 2/3 home games since becoming starter.

Thoughts? Am I digging to deep?

He's a viable start.  He has actually been playing pretty well and putting up some good stats.  He needs to keep the turnovers down.

Depends on your matchup. If you are streaming QBs you have to take a look at him. He has been managing games well and putting up great yardage. I wouldn't get too cute in playing the matchup game if your starting QB is Matt Ryan and you're concerned about CAR or something. But, I was wrong last week with Brady in playing the matchup game so take it for what it's worth. 

If I did not have Brady or if I was streaming QBs I'd definitely take a nice look at Barkley 

Looking at him over Dak this week.  Will see if Giants win tonight.  I could see a Giants win, a Zeke / Dak play the half scenario, especially if they want to get Romo some play before the playoffs.

Seriously contemplating starting him over Matthew Stafford
This is where I'm at as well. Cowboys have kept most opposing QBs under 17 pts recently. This is mostly due to TOP. The good news is they play in a dome. The bad news...the Cowboys are 31st in top. Can you guess who is 30th?

This is where I'm at as well. Cowboys have kept most opposing QBs under 17 pts recently. This is mostly due to TOP. The good news is they play in a dome. The bad news...the Cowboys are 31st in top. Can you guess who is 30th?
Yep both these teams run slow, methodical offenses.

Seriously contemplating starting him over Matthew Stafford
I tried the red-hot QB approach over Stafford last week in my Start-2 QB league and Siemian didn't get it done for me. I know the matchup isn't great for Stafford this week but I'm just gonna play him. F it.

Do like Barkley this week, though, if you wanna roll the dice. 

He is a consideration in a league where I have him, Eli Manning and Carson Palmer.  I'm just not sure I could live with myself if I started him in the superbowl and he laid an egg.  Matt Barkley?  Ugh.

I tried the red-hot QB approach over Stafford last week in my Start-2 QB league and Siemian didn't get it done for me. I know the matchup isn't great for Stafford this week but I'm just gonna play him. F it.

Yeah I started Flacco over him last week and while Flacco sucked he did score more than Stafford. This week Im debating though.

Agreed, barkley is a risk but I'm even tempted to start him over cam and Mariota.  Can't get myself to do it but won't be at all surprised if he outscores them both.  I love Mariota but he hasn't been putting up the stats while winning.  Cam is almost as risky as barkley. 

Wow some bigger names than I expected being thrown around in here. I guess not owning any of them I don't know how well they've been doing in fantasy the last few weeks... Good luck to whatever yuo all decide! I think Barkley has as high or higher of a ceiling than most of those guys, just a lower floor possibly... Maybe

Agreed, barkley is a risk but I'm even tempted to start him over cam and Mariota.  Can't get myself to do it but won't be at all surprised if he outscores them both.  I love Mariota but he hasn't been putting up the stats while winning.  Cam is almost as risky as barkley. 
Have same 3 QBs plus Matt Moore and, while I'm sure I'll play Cam, not sure which other one I will play in a 2QB league.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Barkley.  I'm less thinking about him for this week and more from a dynasty perspective.  I'm wondering if he has shown enough to warrant serious consiration as chicago's starting qb moving forward.  He's auditioning for that role this week and next so there's a lot on the line for him.  

Good matchup this week for sure. Not crazy to pick him up and start him.  

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Barkley.  I'm less thinking about him for this week and more from a dynasty perspective.  I'm wondering if he has shown enough to warrant serious consiration as chicago's starting qb moving forward.  He's auditioning for that role this week and next so there's a lot on the line for him.  

Good matchup this week for sure. Not crazy to pick him up and start him.  
If he's available in dynasty and QBs are worth a damn, pick him up. 

Also considering Barkley. But can't pull the trigger as of yet.

Figure I gotta give Carr a chance to redeem himself this postseason. 

My opponent in the championship game has streamed QBs all year and he just picked up Barkley and Meredith and is currently starting them. 

Other QB options for him are cousins, Stafford, tyrod, dalton, kaep. 

He is starting Meredith over the likes of Gore, Rawls, Steve Smith, Jordan Mathews.....

I was pondering Barkley over Winston last night but thought better of it. You guys reeling me back in.

My concern was that the Bears were down 27-10 against the Packers and Barkley got in some garbage points.

He does have good receivers to throw to. I wonder if they 1) run it down WAS throat 2) defend WAS well enough so that's it a low scoring game and Barkley doesn't throw it over 30 times. He had 52 attempts last game.

Doesn't look like Reed will play and WAS offense struggled against a competent defense. Could be a Fat Rob vs Howard kind of game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I've got Tyrod as my starting QB, but I'm considering Barkley...  Taylor played well against MIA last time so I think I'm going to stay put but it's tempting. 

Darryl Talley said:
I was pondering Barkley over Winston last night but thought better of it. You guys reeling me back in.

My concern was that the Bears were down 27-10 against the Packers and Barkley got in some garbage points.

He does have good receivers to throw to. I wonder if they 1) run it down WAS throat 2) defend WAS well enough so that's it a low scoring game and Barkley doesn't throw it over 30 times. He had 52 attempts last game.

Doesn't look like Reed will play and WAS offense struggled against a competent defense. Could be a Fat Rob vs Howard kind of game.
He does, or was that a typo?  He's been throwing to the worst WRs in the league.

I started Eli over Barkley and felt that it worked out somewhat.  The 3 picks hurt.  1 TD is meh.  Good yardage.  I'll take it as the weak part of my lineup.

I started Eli over Barkley and felt that it worked out somewhat.  The 3 picks hurt.  1 TD is meh.  Good yardage.  I'll take it as the weak part of my lineup.
Fair. My QB situation this year had been a combo of Eli and Stafford and I am starting Barkley this week. So far I feel it was a good choice after Thursday. Should be an interesting and scary Saturday.

Meredith and Alsohn are serviceable. They've had some bad drops but so have alot of receivers.
Jeffery is still a great WR but he's only had one game to play with him.  The rest of the guys he's throwing to are very late round draft picks or were undrafted.  The are on the team for depth and special teams, not to be starters.  The Bears have had the most dropped passes in the last month than I've ever seen.  They have made some big plays and put up some decent stats but overall they are just terrible.  Meredith has been alright but Bellamy barely belongs in the NFL.

You poor bastards. Cannot fathom starting a QB I know is bad in a championship game, it's the epitome of "getting cute". 

Eh actually just looked past the 5 Ints.   Stay line isn't horrible beyond that.   At least he threw 2 tds and close to 300 yards.   But 5 tds.  Man...

Users who are viewing this thread