What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (2 Viewers)

Anyone rolling with the "damage reduction" masteries(Inequity and Resonate)?  Starting to accrue mastery points again, and I'm looking over those in lieu of the suicide stuff(Recoil/LC/DE).

My first take is that they'd make fighting Willpower champs even more tiresome than it already can be, and in some cases probably render certain champs useless(Fist, Antman, etc). Also guessing it'd make arenas in general not much fun...as if they are already.

That said, for AQs and AWs I can see the draw for going after them.  Figured I'd solicit opinions here to see if anyone has been rolling with them.
I'm considering unlocking Inequity.  If I'm reading it correctly in Roninnupes guide, Inequity does not proc any debuffs, therefore should not trigger willpower.  Resonate DOES proc weakness. Would be a PITA in both arena and AW.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WEp9_-TEF1E_Yny0sfvZ3bZHScFuQ2uW90PKTd_Mbpc/mobilebasic?pli=1

Inequity: At 3/3 gives you 6% damage reduction per debuff on your opponent. Note: it’s worded AWFULLY(AQ positive, Arena neutral)

• The damage reduction can add up insane with champs like Ant Man, and make them EXTREMELY effective in AQ
  • Works very well in conjunction with resonate
  • Works great in Arena if you face opponents with liquid courage and double edge, to take the edge off.

• Not very useful if your heroes don’t add debuffs, but the double edge sword is heroes that do add debuffs suck against willpower

Resonate: Randomly causes all your champs to add weakness that last 7 seconds and reduced the damage you take when hit by 7-13% based on the level (AQ positiveArena negative)

• The damage reduction is very nice
  • This triggers inequity for champs that don’t already have debuffs. So at a basic inequity level of 1 and resonate of 1, you’ll be seeing a 9% damage reduction when weakened, and at a max you’ll see 19%!

• It’s the most EXPENSIVE mastery to unlock at 2 Carbonium Cores PER Level for a total of 6 to Max. Seriously WTF!
  • This plain SUCKS ### against anyone with willpower and makes arena battles painful
  • It’s RANDOM. Sometimes when you want it it doesn’t come, and when you don’t want it, it does!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Inequity would be a great one for AW Defense.

There's some debuffs built into the map as well as any debuff the attacker is putting on you.

That's what I was reading over, Yuk, but the way I'm reading that is that if you aren't stacking debuffs, then Inequity is pretty much hamstrung.  Hence why you'd go after Resonate as well(if you run a lot of champs that don't debuff), in order to get more chances at proccing it.  The # of debuffs on you is irrelevant if that stuff up above is written properly(e.g. only things that matter are "debuffs on opponent").

Didn't consider the debuffs being added by the nodes in AW though.  That might make at least opening it up worth it, though maybe not maxing. I'd have to do some research to get a better idea on that.  Thinking on it more though, it sounds like it's probably most viable for AQ where you absolutely aren't dealing with Willpower. 

That said, I'm also not feeling that investing in the "suicide" stuff is the best bet for AWs(or even AQs) either....but at some point I have to use these mastery points on something.  Will have to keep kicking things around I guess.

That's what I was reading over, Yuk, but the way I'm reading that is that if you aren't stacking debuffs, then Inequity is pretty much hamstrung.  Hence why you'd go after Resonate as well(if you run a lot of champs that don't debuff), in order to get more chances at proccing it.  The # of debuffs on you is irrelevant if that stuff up above is written properly(e.g. only things that matter are "debuffs on opponent").

Didn't consider the debuffs being added by the nodes in AW though.  That might make at least opening it up worth it, though maybe not maxing. I'd have to do some research to get a better idea on that.  Thinking on it more though, it sounds like it's probably most viable for AQ where you absolutely aren't dealing with Willpower. 

That said, I'm also not feeling that investing in the "suicide" stuff is the best bet for AWs(or even AQs) either....but at some point I have to use these mastery points on something.  Will have to keep kicking things around I guess.

Yeah I wrote that wrong, it's debuffs on your opponent only.

With the way things change from AQ, AW, what we are focusing on etc, and the cost to fix it if you don't like it, I'm hesitant to add any of the suicide masteries too.  If we knew we were only going to do AQ Map 3 (no heal blocks) and focus on AW and other things,  I would probably go for it.  But Kabam changes things like a woman changes clothes, which makes it tough to make any definite choices.

If we knew we were only going to do AQ Map 3 (no heal blocks) and focus on AW and other things,  I would probably go for it.  But Kabam changes things like a woman changes clothes, which makes it tough to make any definite choices.
Almost exactly the conversation I had with myself.

I wonder if AWs make the suicide stuff a "bad" idea as well.  Some of those nodes would make things for champs running both LC/DE....interesting.

Any of y'all running a maxed Parry build? 

Still tinkering with what I want to do with my unused Mastery points, but I'm leaning toward Petrify as a cheap PI boost.....but wonder if maxing out Parry to go along with it would benefit more.  Thoughts welcome.

I have both maxed.  I like it.  There are certain situations where it is awesome, like if you run into someone with Unstoppable or a duped Spiderman.

-Just started-   Is it me or do the 1v1's/3v3s feel like you are going up against the computer?  There is never a wait for a game and the opponents never stand a chance unless they are 200+ points higher.

Sonofa... I think my phone just broke. Getting squiggly lines and can't see the screen. Right in the middle of an AW fight and I have about 150K left to a Tier 4 basic. :rant:

Sonofa... I think my phone just broke. Getting squiggly lines and can't see the screen. Right in the middle of an AW fight and I have about 150K left to a Tier 4 basic. :rant:
Don't hold it so damn tight! It's just a phone you goob.

Just like my sister when she was 7 playing Super Nintendo....moving both her arms left and right while holding the controller, thinking that would help move Mario faster....

So diagnosis from cellphone repair geek is dead lcd. Cost more to fix than the phone is worth. Can't really afford a new phone right now, probably won't be back on for a few days to a week or so until i decide what to do. If you guys need to kick me in the meantime, no problem.

So diagnosis from cellphone repair geek is dead lcd. Cost more to fix than the phone is worth. Can't really afford a new phone right now, probably won't be back on for a few days to a week or so until i decide what to do. If you guys need to kick me in the meantime, no problem.
Any thoughts to giving someone you think is trustworthy your login/pass?

Good news is we were gonna kick you anyway ya bum. 

Jk. 

I can get in enough trouble with my bride without a phone full of Brazilian a$$es to help.

But I'll think about it.

Bought a used version of the same phone for less than some repair places were going to charge. Should be here either today or tomorrow so I should be back online by this weekend hopefully.

I have been playing a bit recently. 

Let me know if a spot opens up. I am likely WAY behind where you guys are now. 
You are probably better off restarting in the noob bracket.  Pretty sure they boost the 4* crystals for new accounts to get you up and running faster.

Duff, if you're really going to play, new account and a full restart is probably the way to go.

You probably won't catch up until 2017 though.

Thx. I am not going to be able to catch up, no chance. 

I have three 4 stars and four 3 stars that are maxed. 

A few more runs to 100% act 3 and get another 4 star  

Is it so easy to get them now a restart is the way to go?

Well, you'd get the noob arenas.  Also, new accounts get shards in every 4 hour crystal, which helps build up accounts faster.

It's easier, but not easy.  I have a new account ( 5 weeks ) that I started on a whim.  Playing it pretty regularly, and I have a significantly better roster at this point than I did the first go, but I'm not swimming in 4*.  I have 2 4*, 28 3* and 34 2*.  At the level of FBgs alliance, you'll need a full roster of 4* to hang ( with most of them at 4/40, tbh ).

4* come easier with the shards, but the best source of shards are wars and the SA event, both of which you'll need to be in a bigger alliance to get decent rewards.

Thx for the replies. Will hunt for an alliance  where I am useful. 

Looks like it is not like COC where a lower player can help by bringing down your war rating ?

Thx for the replies. Will hunt for an alliance  where I am useful. 

Looks like it is not like COC where a lower player can help by bringing down your war rating ?
N7NWO is a small, open alliance with a growing group of active, decent players.  They're recruiting for any level looking to grow, with the only requirements are being active ( joining quests and wars ) and communication ( Line ).  Look me up in game ( beelz_jr ) or search for the alliance and join up, if you want.

How many 5* do you have?
I have 9 5* (one of which is rank 3/45) and 62 4*s (5 of which are rank 5/50 {soon to be 6}).

To be helpful to an advanced alliance you need a min of 11 4* at 4/40, but 16 is preferable so you can quest too.  And then if you want to be one that gets t4 class cats, you need to have high prestige champs which is basically impossible for new people until they change stuff up.

I haven't played since mid-June.  The hard part I found was that unless you wanted to grid for the T4 cats, they were hard to come by.  It took me awhile to get any 4*s above 3/30.  I thought about starting over, but at this point I have too many units tied up on my account to shut it down.  I may pick it back up again just to use those up on crystals/skills.

@guitarmonkiy  MJ - did you ever get that 4* Thor? :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread