What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martin Nance (1 Viewer)

http://news.steelers.com/article/104225/

Does anyone think he has a decent shot of making the active roster this season with Nate Washington gone? Much would depend on whether the Steelers draft a WR.

Nance has been on the Steelers practice squad since early last season after being cut by the Vikings but is still hanging around the league. Does anyone have a more up to date scouting report on him? I know his level of competition coming out of college was an issue and he was not a natural hands catcher. As the article said, he did play with Roethlisberger in college....is anyone else keeping an eye on him or been holding on to him in a VERY deep dynasty league?

I'm a Miami University (OH) alum and had the pleasure of being in school at the same time Big Ben and Martin Nance were there. It was a pleasure to watch them play together. I remember going into the combine he was on several teams radars, but he had a poor showing (4.58 40, dropped passes). Still, he's 6'3-6'5 (depending on who is measuring) and 215 lbs. So, the physical measurables are there. Granted, the MAC isn't the stiffest competition, but he did have a pretty notable college career. As a sophomore with Ben throwing to him, he had 90/1498/11. I believe they were roommates in school and had a very close relationship. I have to think that him coming to Pittsburgh was partially because of Roethlisberger.

If I remember correctly, he made some noise last preseason, but nothing came of it. At this point, you gotta figure he's missing something or a WR starved team like the Vikings would've found a way to get him on the field. I do remember him being electric at Miami. Maybe the knee injury he suffered his junior year took a lot of that playmaking ability I saw away. I will definitely be following him this offseason, regardless of my hate for the Steelers.

I'm a Miami University (OH) alum and had the pleasure of being in school at the same time Big Ben and Martin Nance were there. It was a pleasure to watch them play together. I remember going into the combine he was on several teams radars, but he had a poor showing (4.58 40, dropped passes). Still, he's 6'3-6'5 (depending on who is measuring) and 215 lbs. So, the physical measurables are there. Granted, the MAC isn't the stiffest competition, but he did have a pretty notable college career. As a sophomore with Ben throwing to him, he had 90/1498/11. I believe they were roommates in school and had a very close relationship. I have to think that him coming to Pittsburgh was partially because of Roethlisberger.If I remember correctly, he made some noise last preseason, but nothing came of it. At this point, you gotta figure he's missing something or a WR starved team like the Vikings would've found a way to get him on the field. I do remember him being electric at Miami. Maybe the knee injury he suffered his junior year took a lot of that playmaking ability I saw away. I will definitely be following him this offseason, regardless of my hate for the Steelers.
Thanks Doowain, his numbers were 8-144-1 in preseason last year with Minnesota btw, leading the Viking receivers. I'll be interested to see what progress he has made time time around.

I'm a Miami University (OH) alum and had the pleasure of being in school at the same time Big Ben and Martin Nance were there. It was a pleasure to watch them play together. I remember going into the combine he was on several teams radars, but he had a poor showing (4.58 40, dropped passes). Still, he's 6'3-6'5 (depending on who is measuring) and 215 lbs. So, the physical measurables are there. Granted, the MAC isn't the stiffest competition, but he did have a pretty notable college career. As a sophomore with Ben throwing to him, he had 90/1498/11. I believe they were roommates in school and had a very close relationship. I have to think that him coming to Pittsburgh was partially because of Roethlisberger.If I remember correctly, he made some noise last preseason, but nothing came of it. At this point, you gotta figure he's missing something or a WR starved team like the Vikings would've found a way to get him on the field. I do remember him being electric at Miami. Maybe the knee injury he suffered his junior year took a lot of that playmaking ability I saw away. I will definitely be following him this offseason, regardless of my hate for the Steelers.
I went to Bowling Green during the same period, the one in which we constantly played (distant) second fiddle to you guys, saw plenty of both of these two as well.I'm (cautiously) more optimistic than you, whether Pittsburgh believes he has a shot or not may lie heavily on what they do in the draft. If they don't take a WR in the first three rounds I am going to be watching Nance very closely the rest of this offseason, I have never been a Sweed believer and someone has to step up and take the #3 role.

Users who are viewing this thread