What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch without Okung (1 Viewer)

MikeApf

Footballguy
Over the past few weeks Marshawn Lynch has turned into a legit FFL starter. He's probably bailed out more than a few teams who have dealt with injuries to their primary RBs. I'm wondering what the effect of Okung's injury will have on his production though. Any insights?

He has a tasty matchup next week, but a brutal FF playoff schedule. The loss of Okung certainly doesn't help.

There wasn't much of a dropoff when he lost his whole right side, in fact his 40 yarder Thursday night was to the right. Might be digging a little deep to replace another OL though. Probably be ok next week, but after that it gets testy (unless SF is resting starters).

Losing Okung doesn't help obviously but as long as he gets 25+ touches like he has been getting it'll be tough for him to have a bad fantasy day regardless of matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynch is a must start no matter what.
His schedule is going to get BRUTAL during the fantasy playoffs. That is probably worse than the loss of Okung.SF hasn't given up a rushing touchdown all year. Lynch almost never catches passes. Still must start? Not in my book.

Lynch is a must start no matter what.
His schedule is going to get BRUTAL during the fantasy playoffs. That is probably worse than the loss of Okung.SF hasn't given up a rushing touchdown all year. Lynch almost never catches passes. Still must start? Not in my book.
I agree his schedule is brutal, but to say he almost never catches passes feels a bit over the top. 20-170-1 this year isn't close to never. I've been pleasantly surprised with hit ability to get into patterns and catch the ball this season.With Lynch its going to be game plan dependent. Nearly half of those receptions came in two games. 5 against the Ravens and 4 against the Giants (both wins). Seattle was a massive underdog in both of those games similar to those upcoming brutal matchups.

Users who are viewing this thread