What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

He is now a serious potential pothole in your line up, not sure you even want to be playing him on Bye Weeks when those start soon. 

The only shining light in this could be that as the weather starts to shift and we get into November that it would seem logical they will use him more but at the same time he just doesn't feel like a big part of the offense right now. 

He is now a serious potential pothole in your line up, not sure you even want to be playing him on Bye Weeks when those start soon. 

The only shining light in this could be that as the weather starts to shift and we get into November that it would seem logical they will use him more but at the same time he just doesn't feel like a big part of the offense right now. 
Yeah.   Their offense was mostly junk last night though 

It's a shame but they refuse to give him enough work to justify starting him. Barring an injury (or 2) he's on the bench.
The Ravens don’t need to give him more work.  Dobbins looks good and figures to gather more touches as the season progresses. Edwards looked good against the Chiefs, even slightly better than Ingram.   Injury is the only way the RBBC goes down to a two man committee allowing any of the backs to be started with confidence.   I’m in a 10 team league with short benches, and plan to try to move on from Ingram.  

The Ravens don’t need to give him more work.  Dobbins looks good and figures to gather more touches as the season progresses. Edwards looked good against the Chiefs, even slightly better than Ingram.   Injury is the only way the RBBC goes down to a two man committee allowing any of the backs to be started with confidence.   I’m in a 10 team league with short benches, and plan to try to move on from Ingram.  
I think Ingram is their best overall RB and I'd argue that last week showed they need to give their RBs more touches in general but I agree, this backfield sucks for fantasy and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

The only way you're going to move on from Ingram in a league like that is to drop him, no one will (or should) give up anything for him.

The Ravens haven't really played a competitive game yet. I am waiting for a more normal game script before I give up.
This is how I feel as well.  Lamar has come down to earth a bit, and looked super frustrated Monday.......Harbaugh is a good coach though, and they have the personnel to pound the rock.  And Lamar will be better.  I'd bet on Ingram having some solid games in coming weeks.

I think Ingram is their best overall RB and I'd argue that last week showed they need to give their RBs more touches in general but I agree, this backfield sucks for fantasy and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

The only way you're going to move on from Ingram in a league like that is to drop him, no one will (or should) give up anything for him.
I've seen nothing from Ingram this year.  Maybe he is rounding into game shape, I dunno.  But his production doesn't warrant more work.  Isn't passing the eye test either.

I've seen nothing from Ingram this year.  Maybe he is rounding into game shape, I dunno.  But his production doesn't warrant more work.  Isn't passing the eye test either.
Sadly, I fully agree with you. RB is typically a young-man's game... I must be using the same eye test as you because the other RBs look fresher to me as well.

At best, maybe they want to save as much of Ingram as they can for the play-offs?

I don't like what I am hearing from Ravens players this year. They seem singularly focused on KCC where as they should be worried that they're a game behind PIT in their own division.

Well if you blinked you missed it, only 26 carries and 2 receptions in 3 games, but he's been fine (4.4 ypc and 11 ypr). Looks fine to me with his limited touches, so do the other RBs, but they simply haven't been using any of them enough.

Well if you blinked you missed it, only 26 carries and 2 receptions in 3 games, but he's been fine (4.4 ypc and 11 ypr). Looks fine to me with his limited touches, so do the other RBs, but they simply haven't been using any of them enough.
agree he looks fine to me as well. Not sure what others are seeing that they don't like but Im not jumping ship yet. Lets see what the next 2-3 weeks have in store but he may bounce back this weekend 

Sadly, I fully agree with you. RB is typically a young-man's game... I must be using the same eye test as you because the other RBs look fresher to me as well.

At best, maybe they want to save as much of Ingram as they can for the play-offs?

I don't like what I am hearing from Ravens players this year. They seem singularly focused on KCC where as they should be worried that they're a game behind PIT in their own division.
21-1 vs the rest of the league, 0-3 vs KC...you tell me amigo. 

21-1 vs the rest of the league, 0-3 vs KC...you tell me amigo. 
One way to slice it, yes. I see 2-1 in 2020, 2nd place in Division, and 2 straight stinkers from last years dominating MVP. So far they look like a team that expected to skate right through to the AFCC game... and maybe they will, but if they trip up and find themselves 2 games behind PIT at the BYE? Gonna have to really sharpen those skates.

Again, Jackson is my QB... I want to be so wrong about this. But bad time to have two consecutive games that are both worse than his lowest game in 2019. Hoping he knocks it out of the park going forward. I can't have Gostkowski bail him  out every week 😆

Mark Ingram rushed eight rimes for 34 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 4 win against the Football Team. 

Ingram was out-rushed by Gus Edwards, saving his fantasy day with a short touchdown. Ingram is a weekly touchdown-or-bust fantasy option going forward. Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman wasn't kidding when he said in August that the team would use a running back rotation that would change by the game. 

Oct 4, 2020, 5:58 PM ET

Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) won't return against the Eagles. 

Ravens trainer wrapped Ingram's ankle after an early first quarter injury. Ingram returned in the second quarter and handled two carries. He ends his day with five rushes for 20 yards in Week 6. If Ingram misses time, J.K. Dobbins would be the most likely beneficiary, though Gus Edwards would see short yardage and perhaps goal line work. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

Oct 18, 2020, 3:08 PM ET

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Mark Ingram (ankle) has a "chance" to play in Week 8 against the Steelers.

Ravens won't return until after their bye in Week 8, but it sounds like the extended break may not be enough for Ingram to recover. Fantasy players should add Gus Edwards, who out-snapped J.K. Dobbins 32 to 30 on Sunday, in advance of Baltimore's next contest against Pittsburgh. Ingram's participation in the practices leading up to kick-off will be worth monitoring.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Oct 19, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

Never want people to get hurt This is honestly kind of good news For Ingram owners.  Off this week and maybe a chance to play In week 8?  Along with his lackluster usage, Easy cut now

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Mark Ingram has been diagnosed with a "mid- to high-ankle sprain," but that it "isn't considered severe." 

In other words, he has a high-ankle sprain but the Ravens are hoping he can play through it when they return from their Week 7 bye. Coach John Harbaugh has already said Ingram will "probably" suit up vs. the Steelers. Whether he plays or not, the last thing Ingram needed was something to further limit his effectiveness as he struggles to break free from the three-man rotation in the Ravens' backfield. Ingram is an increasingly tenuous hold in 12-man leagues. He is averaging nine touches and has two total touchdowns. Disappointingly for fantasy managers, it has been Gus Edwards next in line for carries, and not rookie J.K. Dobbins. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Oct 20, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

Mark Ingram (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.

Ingram is dealing with sprained ankle and had the bye week to rest up, but he still doesn't seem ready to play this week against the Steelers. If Ingram sits, Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins should form a two-man committee, though we wouldn't put it past the Ravens to get Justice Hill involved in some capacity.

RELATED: 

Gus Edwards

, J.K. Dobbins

Oct 28, 2020, 1:47 PM ET

Mark Ingram (ankle) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice. 

Back-to-back DNPs coming off a bye week put Ingram's odds of suiting up against the Steelers at close to zero. That will likely leave Gus Edwards to lead the Ravens' backfield after he out-carried J.K. Dobbins 30-15 from Weeks 4-6. Of course, more Dobbins involvement would be a classic bye week adjustment. It just can't be assumed. Justice Hill should also mix in for some passing-down work vs. Pittsburgh. 

RELATED: 

Gus Edwards

, J.K. Dobbins

Oct 29, 2020, 2:29 PM ET

Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) is doubtful for Week 8 against the Steelers. 

Ingram had almost no chance to suit up against Pittsburgh after missing practice all week with an ankle injury he suffered before the team's Week 7 bye week. The Ravens committing to explosive rookie J.K. Dobbins coming off the bye would make some sense, but fantasy players should be aware Dobbins had played well behind Gus Edwards of late. From Week 4-6, Edwards out-carried Dobbins 30 to 15. Dobbins leads all Baltimore backs with 14 targets on the season. Both Edwards and Dobbins are RB3 candidates with a wide range of outcomes for Week 8. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

Oct 30, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) could miss Week 9 with a "more of a high-ankle sprain than a low-ankle sprain."

Ingram's injury wasn't initially believed to be serious but he's now at risk of missing Week 9. He has topped out at 11 carries in a single game and has just three catches on the year. Ingram is now a committee-back looking at a multi-week ankle injury. It continues to be difficult for fantasy managers to justify holding onto him. A breakout performance from rookie J.K. Dobbins could be the final nail in the coffin for Ingram's fantasy value.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 10:15 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) could miss Week 9 with a "more of a high-ankle sprain than a low-ankle sprain."

Ingram's injury wasn't initially believed to be serious but he's now at risk of missing Week 9. He has topped out at 11 carries in a single game and has just three catches on the year. Ingram is now a committee-back looking at a multi-week ankle injury. It continues to be difficult for fantasy managers to justify holding onto him. A breakout performance from rookie J.K. Dobbins could be the final nail in the coffin for Ingram's fantasy value.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:15 AM ET
Is this another example of a reporter that gets paid a lot of money but can't count? Or is he actually talking about week 9 instead of week 8? Do we know Ingram's status for today?

ETA Nevermind haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens declared RB Mark Ingram (ankle), QB Trace McSorley, OL Ben Bredeson, OL Trystan Colon-Castillo, DT Broderick Washington, DT Justin Ellis, and DE Jihad Ward inactive for Week 8 against the Steelers. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said today that Ingram could also miss next week's game. Ingram sidelined means bigger roles for both J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards. We could see Edwards get most of the early down involvement against Pittsburgh while Dobbins takes on the passing down role, unless the Ravens used their bye week to hammer out a more well rounded role for Dobbins. Both Dobbins and Edwards should be regarded as low-end RB3s for Week 8. 

RELATED: 

Gus Edwards

, J.K. Dobbins

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 11:22 AM ET

Mark Ingram (ankle) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

In his absence last week, both J.K. Dobbins (15-113) and Gus Edwards (16-87-1) set season highs in carries while Dobbins' snap rate skyrocketed to 66%. This backfield is just so much more attractive for fantasy when it's only a two-man unit. Managers should be rooting for Ingram to miss another game.

Nov 4, 2020, 4:17 PM ET

Is Ingram cuttable at this point? It seems like maybe he'll have another big game somewhere.... but who knows when.
Obviously depends on your options but he's been cuttable for quite a while. Yes, he'll likely plunge a few in here and there, but you can't have any confidence starting him.

I'm still holding only because it's a deep league with few options, but wouldn't even consider starting him at this point unless he's healthy and one of the other 2 is not.

Thinking more long term, have to figure Ingram will he cut in the off-season and they turn the keys over to Dobbins.

Can see him being signed into a RBBC, but do we think this is essentially the end of Ingram’s fantasy relevance?

Thinking more long term, have to figure Ingram will he cut in the off-season and they turn the keys over to Dobbins.

Can see him being signed into a RBBC, but do we think this is essentially the end of Ingram’s fantasy relevance?
Yes, baring an injury, completely TD dependant 

Is Ingram cuttable at this point? It seems like maybe he'll have another big game somewhere.... but who knows when.
I had been holding him on the end of the bench but guys like Perine and Hasty the last couple weeks had me ready to part ways and I finally did. Ingram was gobbled up on waivers this week, good luck whoever got him, I could never start him and I do mean never this season. 

Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) did not practice Thursday. 

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec said it "appears" Ingram will miss his second straight game with the ankle injury. He won't know that for sure until Friday at the earliest. With key offensive linemen missing, the Ravens could shift to an ultra-heavy run offense, as they did in the second half last week against the Steelers. That would make J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards high-end RB3s for this week's game against the Colts. Ingram can be dropped in most 12-team leagues. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Nov 5, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

I'm trying to figure this out in a dynasty league. Need roster space and the pros to cutting bait are his age. 30 does seem like the magic number of decline unless you are AP or Frank, and I don't think I'd really want to roster them either. I also have to think he's gone from Balt next year. Tough to find a friendlier RB system than Balt., but I suppose there is a chance. 

I'm a big Ingram fan, and he's had a good run. I'm just not sure I can see anything left that's worth hanging onto him. He's kind of reminds me of TY Hilton at this point; getting older, not as productive and not able to stay on the field. Had the same decision with TY and cut him and didn't look back.

My only hesitation with Ingram at this point is positional scarcity, but when fill in guys like DeeJay Dallas and Gio Bernard can be picked up with equal if not better production it might not matter.

ericttspikes said:
I'm trying to figure this out in a dynasty league. Need roster space and the pros to cutting bait are his age. 30 does seem like the magic number of decline unless you are AP or Frank, and I don't think I'd really want to roster them either. I also have to think he's gone from Balt next year. Tough to find a friendlier RB system than Balt., but I suppose there is a chance. 

I'm a big Ingram fan, and he's had a good run. I'm just not sure I can see anything left that's worth hanging onto him. He's kind of reminds me of TY Hilton at this point; getting older, not as productive and not able to stay on the field. Had the same decision with TY and cut him and didn't look back.

My only hesitation with Ingram at this point is positional scarcity, but when fill in guys like DeeJay Dallas and Gio Bernard can be picked up with equal if not better production it might not matter.
But those guys can't always be grabbed. My dynasty, for example, has deep benches & guys like that are rostered. You are making me think of making an offer for Ingram, but the only guys I would be willing to move for him are guys like maybe K. Cole or Renfrow or Hasty... I doubt the Ingram owner would do that

Mark Ingram (ankle) is doubtful for Week 9 against the Colts.

Ingram isn't expected to play after sitting out from practice throughout the week. J.K. Dobbins out-snapped Gus Edwards 54 to 26 against the Steelers and is fully expected to continue his surge as Baltimore's all-around back with Edwards leading in carries. As the RB14 and RB19 against the league's most nightmarish front-seven in Week 8, both Edwards and Dobbins can be trusted as high-end RB2s with standalone value in a softer matchup against the Colts. Both are tremendous plays as long as Ingram is sidelined.

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Nov 6, 2020, 3:40 PM ET

MARK INGRAM RB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ravens declared RB Mark Ingram (ankle), LB L.J. Fort (finger), QB Trace McSorley, DE Jihad Ward, and DT Broderick Washington inactive for Week 9 against the Colts. 

Rookie J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards will continue to split the backfield workload with Ingram sidelined. Offensive line injuries and an ineffective pass game forced Baltimore to go run heavy in Week 8 against the Steelers, running the ball 47 times. Look for the Ravens to repeat that formula Sunday against the Colts. Dobbins is preferable to Edwards in PPR formats because he should continue to operate as the team's primary pass catching back. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

Nov 8, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Mark Ingram (ankle) could return for Week 10 against the Patriots.

Ingram has missed the past two games with a high-ankle sprain. Assuming he avoids setbacks, Ingram would rejoin the Ravens' three-back committee, making it a backfield to avoid. Baltimore playing on Sunday night gives Ingram a little extra time to get cleared.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Nov 11, 2020, 11:50 AM ET

Mark Ingram (ankle) is questionable for Week 10 against the Patriots.

Ingram is expected to play after practicing in full for the first time since he initially suffered a high-ankle sprain. J.K. Dobbins out-touched Gus Edwards 30-29 the past two games without Ingram available but previously handled only 25 touches to Ingram's 48 and Edwards' 34 in the five games all have been healthy for this year. There is no right answer on who to start for fantasy if Ingram is healthy and active.

SOURCE: Jonas Shaffer on Twitter

Nov 13, 2020, 4:10 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle, questionable) "should be set to play" in Week 10 against the Patriots.

On Friday, Ingram logged his first full practice since suffering the high ankle sprain. He has missed two games and had a bye week in between. Ingram remains a touchdown-dependent RB3 upon returning. He averaged less than 10 touches per game in his first five contests. Edwards and Dobbins combined for more work than him but neither back saw enough volume to be reliable starters on their own.

Nov 15, 2020, 8:02 AM ET

Mark Ingram rushed five times for five yards in Week 10 against the Patriots.

This was Ingram's first game since Week 6. He got the start for the Ravens but played in an even timeshare with J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards. Ingram saw the most work in the pass game, though it still only amounted to two catches for 24 yards. The Ravens look set on going with the hot-hand in their three-back committee. Ingram will be a low-floor RB3 for a Week 11 matchup with the Titans.

Nov 15, 2020, 11:55 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread