What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Last year PT caught a ridiculous 92% of his targets, that is dramatically up from his career 82% reception rate.
Not so sure this is an outlier, or unsustainable, as it is a product of the system. Without Sproles and crew there any more, Pierre saw a drastic reduction in routes over the middle -- which are higher traffic, with lower completion rates -- and a corresponding increase in undefended routes in the flats.

Since the Sproles role seems to belong solely to him at this point, I wouldn't look for a big return to lower percentage plays. I think they're happy to feed him the ball off to the sides and let him create. He's pretty sure-handed, so I wouldn't fear a big dip.
Link to this data?

Payton is confusing. Guy should have had 17-20 carries. Been looking like a monster all preseason then had him with only 5 carries at the half. He's going to make some ball control team very happy next season.

I doubt anyone would give up much for a RB in a pass first offense who splits carries with two other RBs. Solid rb3 but lets not get carried away here and i own him.

I doubt anyone would give up much for a RB in a pass first offense who splits carries with two other RBs. Solid rb3 but lets not get carried away here and i own him.
Agreed. I imagine he's a hold since most owners are so skeptical of him. I would be willing to buy in non PPR leagues if his owner is trying to deal him. With the Browns and Cowboys on the schedule in the next 3 weeks, he will be in starting consideration for many lineups.

He scored 18.1 points in that pass first offense. NOW is the time to see what you can get. Non-ppr by the way.

ETA: I own him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
I think he has a catch, though
:towelwave: :excited:
These are exactly the kind of over reactions that make the shark pool almost unreadable during the season. It also makes posters look incredibly short sighted and makes it difficult to accept anything they say.
Agreed.

Oh no, he hasn't done much in the first 3 minutes of the first game of the season, he's a bust...that's about how it feels.

He looks really good, but it's hard to get too excited about 14 touches.
14 touches is pretty nice for a #3 RB. Puts him on pace for over 200 touches on the season.
Okay, but who is excited about their #3 RB? IMO, he's going to need more touches than that in order to be start-able in most leagues (especially when only 1 was a reception). Hopefully the coaches feel like he earned more, time will tell.

What was the distribution inside the 5?
Robinson had the 1st TD on the 1st try, Ingram got the 2nd on the 1st try, and then the last one Thomas got the 1st carry from the 5 and gained 4, Robinson got the 2nd carry from the 1 and lost 2, then Ingram scored from the 3. Clear as mud.

14 touches is pretty nice for a #3 RB. Puts him on pace for over 200 touches on the season.
Okay, but who is excited about their #3 RB? IMO, he's going to need more touches than that in order to be start-able in most leagues (especially when only 1 was a reception). Hopefully the coaches feel like he earned more, time will tell.
imagine what he will get for carries if they have a substantial lead in future games

First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
These are exactly the kind of over reactions that make the shark pool almost unreadable during the season. It also makes posters look incredibly short sighted and makes it difficult to accept anything they say.
Agreed.

Oh no, he hasn't done much in the first 3 minutes of the first game of the season, he's a bust...that's about how it feels.
in my defense (if you were lumping me in with koolio,) i was making fun of his comment

imagine what he will get for carries if they have a substantial lead in future games
You're imagining that it's going to be very different than the past?

i have a very vivid imagination ...so yes

For dynasty, its obvious he's ready to produce. I think it'll happen this year and week one looked nice. No matter what, New Orleans won't resign him and this talent will be on fire elsewhere next season.

Huge BUY in dynasty, but might be a sell in redraft. I love the guy, but there seem to be more than a few with unrealistic redraft expectations (and I own him in numerous leagues)

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Agreed.Oh no, he hasn't done much in the first 3 minutes of the first game of the season, he's a bust...that's about how it feels.
Also, the first 3 years

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Agreed.Oh no, he hasn't done much in the first 3 minutes of the first game of the season, he's a bust...that's about how it feels.
Also, the first 3 years
Larry I would love to know which players you are high on. You spout verbal diarrhea in every thread.

humpback said:
BustedKnuckles said:
humpback said:
Chaka said:
humpback said:
Today was different from the past so I think it is possible hints could be different this year.My feeling is that the Saints will want to run the ball 450 times this season, maybe more, and considering they managed 27 carries in a shoot out I think they are off to a good start to achieve that. Ingram does not need to be better than in years past to benefit from a change in philosophy. And if he is better, which he seems to be, then so much the better for his fantasy owners.

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Also, the first 3 years
My league keeps score based upon what happens this season. YMMV.

humpback said:
BustedKnuckles said:
humpback said:
Chaka said:
humpback said:
Today was different from the past so I think it is possible hints could be different this year.My feeling is that the Saints will want to run the ball 450 times this season, maybe more, and considering they managed 27 carries in a shoot out I think they are off to a good start to achieve that. Ingram does not need to be better than in years past to benefit from a change in philosophy. And if he is better, which he seems to be, then so much the better for his fantasy owners.
How was today different from the past? They still attempted 42 passes and split the RB touches 3 ways (including goal line carries).

I like and own Ingram, and while I enjoyed the game from a fantasy perspective, I would have been happier if he had more touches. 2 TD games aren't going to happen often, but the points will generally follow the touches.

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Also, the first 3 years
Larry I would love to know which players you are high on. You spout verbal diarrhea in every thread.
waitaminute.......you are so full of #### --- I've been the voice of reason in the chris johnson and vereen threads, and it's you and your buddy chaka that have been spouting verbal diarrhea in there.

humpback said:
BustedKnuckles said:
humpback said:
Chaka said:
humpback said:
How was today different from the past? They still attempted 42 passes and split the RB touches 3 ways (including goal line carries).I like and own Ingram, and while I enjoyed the game from a fantasy perspective, I would have been happier if he had more touches. 2 TD games aren't going to happen often, but the points will generally follow the touches.
Today put them on pace for 432 non-QB rushing attempts. That's how it's different.

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Also, the first 3 years
waitaminute.......you are so full of #### --- I've been the voice of reason in the chris johnson and vereen threads, and it's you and your buddy chaka that have been spouting verbal diarrhea in there.
??? WTF did I do? Suggesting that 80 catches is a tough benchmark for any RB and backing it up with lots of research is verbal diarrhea? Besides have you checked the Vereen thread within the past two weeks? And I have been on board with CJ all off season.You're not a very good poster.

Leonidas said:
Chaka said:
First half report

Khiry 4-35-1

Ingram 4-11

Same old, same old.
Also, the first 3 years
Scared to say which players you are high on I see.

humpback said:
BustedKnuckles said:
humpback said:
Chaka said:
humpback said:
How was today different from the past? They still attempted 42 passes and split the RB touches 3 ways (including goal line carries).I like and own Ingram, and while I enjoyed the game from a fantasy perspective, I would have been happier if he had more touches. 2 TD games aren't going to happen often, but the points will generally follow the touches.
Today put them on pace for 432 non-QB rushing attempts. That's how it's different.
The 1 rushing attempt by Cooks is irrelevant. RB carries week 1 2013=26. RB carries today=26. It was against the same team too.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/09/saints_mark_ingram_after_seeth.html

Atlanta -- New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram had a fiery, helmet-slamming outburst on the sideline Sunday, and later appeared to decline a post-touchdown handshake from coach Sean Payton.

Ingram scored two touchdowns in the Saints' 37-34 overtime loss to the Atlanta Falcons. He left the locker room before reporters could approach him to ask for comment.

Payton said after the game that he was unaware of any sideline outburst by Ingram.

Early in the third quarter, Ingram was seen on the sideline yelling and slamming his helmet. Tight end Ben Watson attempted to calm him down. Ingram spent several minutes alone on the sideline, pacing.

Later, after scoring the first of his touchdowns, Ingram appeared to ignore Payton when Payton extended his hand to congratulate him. After his second touchdown, however, the rift seemed repaired as Ingram acknowledged Payton's congratulations and slapped him on the shoulder.

"Mark is passionate. He's a passionate guy," said Saints running back Pierre Thomas. "You saw that in college. You've seen that since he's been in the league. I don't know what the issue was. I didn't get involved. I wasn't going to let it throw off my game."

Ingram finished with 13 carries for 60 yards. His 19-yard run in the fourth quarter was probably his most physical, and it set up his 3-yard touchdown run a play later.

Ingram gave the Saints the lead with just 80 seconds left in the game when he plowed through a defender into the end zone from 3 yards out.

Ingram only rushed for one touchdown in 2013. With two through one game in 2014, Ingram has 13 rushing touchdowns in his career.

"He came around and scored two touchdowns and that's something we needed," Thomas said. "He felt good after (the sideline episode). I'm just glad he came around quickly like he did."

Users who are viewing this thread