What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram to go on IR has surgery on toe (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
(KFFL) New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram (toe) will have season-ending surgery to repair his turf toe ailment this week and his rehab should easily have him ready to play next season.(Web Site Link)Need winning weekly advice on who to start and what free agents you should be targeting? Check out TheHuddle.com for award winning fantasy advice. Get more details and save over 10% on your subscription to TheHuddle.com by clicking here.
Also I read he should be ready by next season

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a blessing as now his backers can blame his failures on an injury and not acknowledge he's a below average talent with no real future in the nfl.

Beyond the great signing of Sproles, looks like a very sharp move by team brass to have kept Pierre Thomas in the fold.

Hopefully owners of Ingram were able to trade him long ago. The Saints recently signed PT to a 4 year deal, they also brought in Sproles, and Ivory is back in the fold. And let's not forget they incorporate their FB at various times as well. Ingram is buried in muck.

His stat lines will look like 14 carries for 43 yards and 0.25 TD's. That's totally worthy of a top 4 rookie pick in fantasy. :sarcasm:

FWIW...I was happy to trade him away for Shonn Greene, Willis McGahee, and a 2012 2nd rounder several weeks ago.

:toilet:

Should be one of the more interesting young RB to think about this offseason. After seeing what Jahvid best did this year before the concussion, I think people have some good examples to see how much turf toe can hurt a RB and then speculate on how much that may have held Ingram back.

So, processing that and then thinking of how Sproles is involved in this offense and the fact that Thomas remains on the team, Ingram is going to be a tough one to decide on.

Beyond the great signing of Sproles, looks like a very sharp move by team brass to have kept Pierre Thomas in the fold.
:goodposting:No kidding ... I thought Thomas was a goner back in May. The team wanted a deep stable, though, after having to take street free-agent RBs to Seattle last year.

Warpig, it's easy to write off Ingram now as a FF prospect. But I don't think we can count on the Saints to be as lucky with RB health in 2012 as they've been in 2011.

IMHO, Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory are injury-prone guys who are likely to miss extended time in any given season.

Warpig, it's easy to write off Ingram now as a FF prospect. But I don't think we can count on the Saints to be as lucky with RB health in 2012 as they've been in 2011.

IMHO, Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory are injury-prone guys who are likely to miss extended time in any given season.
I got a big laugh out of this post. The most injury prone RB on the Saints is Ingram.

That's just it though. Perhaps in an effort to keep their backs healthy, they rotate them. None of the RB's they have rostered are worthy of taking a roster spot on a FF roster.If I were Sean Payton, it would be hard for me to take Sproles off the field since he can do so much for you. But yet, he does. Sprinkle in some PT, some Chris Ivory, some Jed Collins and some Korey Hall, and throw a bone to Ingram every now and again. This is enough to make any Saints RB owner :wall: .

They have all their RB's on their roster at a decent price since none of them are bell cows (atleast not in their offensive system).

Like I said, I was able to dump Ingram to the PT owner in one league for Shonn Greene and Willis McGahee about mid way through the season. But now, his value is pretty much in the :toilet: and I can't even get so much as a 2nd rounder in return for him in my other league where I own Ingram.

I figured, like everyone else, that Payton would let Ingram be the man. But that ain't happening. And since they have their current RB's on the cheap, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I think at this point, I'd rather have a New England RB. And I thought I would never say that. :bag:

Other than the injuries, Ingram had a fine rookie season. Did exactly what the Saints needed him to do. Until his injury he led all NFL running backs in 3rd down conversions.

From everything we've seen, the absolute ceiling for a Saints running back is 700/8 and had he not missed six games Ingram would've probably been very close to those totals. It's never going to be less than a 3-way timeshare. I don't know why exactly anybody would expect differently.

Other than the injuries, Ingram had a fine rookie season. Did exactly what the Saints needed him to do. Until his injury he led all NFL running backs in 3rd down conversions.From everything we've seen, the absolute ceiling for a Saints running back is 700/8 and had he not missed six games Ingram would've probably been very close to those totals. It's never going to be less than a 3-way timeshare. I don't know why exactly anybody would expect differently.
Mark Ingram projections RSH RSHYD RSHTD REC RECYD RECTDJason Wood 240 1180 10 27 170 1MB consensus 219 1043 9 27 247 2I agree with you, not sure why anyone would expect differently. If Ingram achieved those numbers he would have been the #8 RB in a non ppr league. Don't take my post the wrong way Luke, I know you've never been that high on Ingram, know you got him cheap and know you weren't part of the slobber fest. A combination of staff, likely followed by the members liked Ingram more than anywhere else. It's the case of 3-4 staff liking a guy and 10,000 sheep follow along, probably happens at all FF sites so it's not that unique. You are right on in your post. Read through the first few pages of Mark Ingram HOF thread and also the Ingram player spotlight thread, it shows exactly why people have unreal expectations. In the player spotlight thread Jason Wood wrote about all the "Misconceptions" and said they were all false, looking back on it they were all true. Where FBG (staff and members) expectations for Ingram were in April-September 2010 and what we now know are very different.

It's never going to be less than a 3-way timeshare. I don't know why exactly anybody would expect differently.
It was a brutal timeshare this year, but expecting it to be the exact same going forward isn't right either IMO.What do you think would happen if Pierre got hurt? He had 110 carries and 50 receptions. Ivory and Ingram overlap so much, I don't see Ivory taking all of those carries. I don't see Ivory taking any of those receptions, but it's possible Moore or another WR would.What do you think would happen if Sproles got hurt? Ivory does not fill that role at all. Ingram might look more like the guy Wood or Wesseling were projecting, with Pierre playing more passing downs.This year, Pierre played well and earned his touches. If Pierre plays in 2011 like he did in 2010 or slows down at all, I don't think his role will be as big. A lot of things can happen. I think 2010 was a best case scenario for everyone in NO but Ingram.

I think FBG staff and myself included were high on Ingram before Sproles was signed on as a FA once FA opened up. That deflated the Ingram hype and balloon. Then Pierre THomas playing pretty well and actually staying healthy deflated the Ingram hype and Balloon too. But this much we know. INgram when healthy got the most carries each game typically. Which as to say something about how the Saints STaff view him. But I think with the Saints Defense struggling the first half of the year. They (Saints) had to start slinging it more sometimes because of thier defense having problems.

That coupled with all the mixing and matching of RB's (Sproles,PT,and Ingram) has made Ingrams rookie year kind of a mess.

So my point is this. FBG staff and myself was kind of high on Ingram before Sproles showed up and PT stepped up and stayed healthy. So not really fair to bag on them for that. We also didn't know how well Sproles would do between the Tackles with the Saints. Most reports had Sproles being used more like Reggie Bush. When in actuality Sproles was used in a little over every area of the RB position.

I chalk 2011 season for Ingram as an odd year. Next 1 to 3 years we will see him get better and what he is made of. (I do think its nice to note he never had any injuries with his knee) That was a concern going into this year.

If your a dynasty owner you have to be patient I think. Too many moving parts to REally say INgram is A BUST or IS ONLY GOING TO BE This type of player. People said the same thing about RUN DMC after his rookie year.

Now if INgram is hurt a lot next year. Then I can maybe see some of the Moreno comparisons a little. Lets wait and see though. :eek:

1.01 Mark Ingram over AJ Green = BIG OOPS
Amen to that, but I still think he can have a productive career. It's way too early to say he's a bust. He showed flashes in limited opportunities as a rookie. There's no reason why he can't become a solid pro starter. Guys like Thomas Jones, Larry Johnson, and Cedric Benson were written off prematurely by haters and frustrated owners after they failed to boom instantly. I can definitely see Ingram emerging like those guys did, provided that he can stay healthy. My only real long term concern with him is that he might not be able to stay healthy/might lose a step. I'll be buying in the offseason if I can find panicked owners.

Amen to that, but I still think he can have a productive career. It's way too early to say he's a bust. He showed flashes in limited opportunities as a rookie. There's no reason why he can't become a solid pro starter. Guys like Thomas Jones, Larry Johnson, and Cedric Benson were written off prematurely by haters and frustrated owners after they failed to boom instantly. I can definitely see Ingram emerging like those guys did, provided that he can stay healthy. My only real long term concern with him is that he might not be able to stay healthy/might lose a step. I'll be buying in the offseason if I can find panicked owners.
While taking Ingram over Green (and Julio for that matter) has some owners sick for sure, it's way too early to write the guy off. Agree with EBF's post completely. Ingram has a lot of career ahead of him, and he definitely flashed at points this season, showing his trademark power and vision. I thought he looked pretty fast too, as much as people here want to rip him for being slow. Plus people need to take into account the fact that he is a rookie and there is an adjustment period. It's seems like, at least to me, that more and more it takes rookie runners a year to adjust to the speed and abuse of the NFL, save for the uber elite players. Ingram prob isn't an elite player, but that doesn't mean he won't be a productive real life and fantasy RB, especially considering the offense he is in. I will also be looking to buy from any panicking owners, which got me to thinking, where would Ingram slot in amongst this years draft/RB class?Obviously it is tough to say not knowing where this years RB's will land and how they perform at the combine, but I would def take Richardson and Blackmon over him, but after that he would be in a tier with Miller and Wilson Maybe something like1. Richardson2. Blackmon3. Ingram4. Miller5. Floyd6. Luck7. Wilson

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to that, but I still think he can have a productive career. It's way too early to say he's a bust. He showed flashes in limited opportunities as a rookie. There's no reason why he can't become a solid pro starter. Guys like Thomas Jones, Larry Johnson, and Cedric Benson were written off prematurely by haters and frustrated owners after they failed to boom instantly. I can definitely see Ingram emerging like those guys did, provided that he can stay healthy. My only real long term concern with him is that he might not be able to stay healthy/might lose a step.

I'll be buying in the offseason if I can find panicked owners.
While taking Ingram over Green (and Julio for that matter) has some owners sick for sure, it's way too early to write the guy off.

Agree with EBF's post completely. Ingram has a lot of career ahead of him, and he definitely flashed at points this season, showing his trademark power and vision. I thought he looked pretty fast too, as much as people here want to rip him for being slow.

Plus people need to take into account the fact that he is a rookie and there is an adjustment period. It's seems like, at least to me, that more and more it takes rookie runners a year to adjust to the speed and abuse of the NFL, save for the uber elite players. Ingram prob isn't an elite player, but that doesn't mean he won't be a productive real life and fantasy RB, especially considering the offense he is in.

I will also be looking to buy from any panicking owners, which got me to thinking, where would Ingram slot in amongst this years draft/RB class?

Obviously it is tough to say not knowing where this years RB's will land and how they perform at the combine, but I would def take Richardson and Blackmon over him, but after that he would be in a tier with Miller and Wilson

Maybe something like

1. Richardson

2. Blackmon

3. Ingram

4. Miller

5. Floyd

6. Luck

7. Wilson
I don't think there is a chance you would see Ingram ranked above this guy.

Amen to that, but I still think he can have a productive career. It's way too early to say he's a bust. He showed flashes in limited opportunities as a rookie. There's no reason why he can't become a solid pro starter. Guys like Thomas Jones, Larry Johnson, and Cedric Benson were written off prematurely by haters and frustrated owners after they failed to boom instantly. I can definitely see Ingram emerging like those guys did, provided that he can stay healthy. My only real long term concern with him is that he might not be able to stay healthy/might lose a step.

I'll be buying in the offseason if I can find panicked owners.
While taking Ingram over Green (and Julio for that matter) has some owners sick for sure, it's way too early to write the guy off.

Agree with EBF's post completely. Ingram has a lot of career ahead of him, and he definitely flashed at points this season, showing his trademark power and vision. I thought he looked pretty fast too, as much as people here want to rip him for being slow.

Plus people need to take into account the fact that he is a rookie and there is an adjustment period. It's seems like, at least to me, that more and more it takes rookie runners a year to adjust to the speed and abuse of the NFL, save for the uber elite players. Ingram prob isn't an elite player, but that doesn't mean he won't be a productive real life and fantasy RB, especially considering the offense he is in.

I will also be looking to buy from any panicking owners, which got me to thinking, where would Ingram slot in amongst this years draft/RB class?

Obviously it is tough to say not knowing where this years RB's will land and how they perform at the combine, but I would def take Richardson and Blackmon over him, but after that he would be in a tier with Miller and Wilson

Maybe something like

1. Richardson

2. Blackmon

3. Ingram

4. Miller

5. Floyd

6. Luck

7. Wilson
I don't think there is a chance you would see Ingram ranked above this guy.
Yeah admittedly I would not be the person to ask on where to rank Luck. On one hand he certainly has the most longterm value and is probably the safest pick. At the same time he's a qb and the majority of leagues I play in are 4 points per pass td

Got him for the 1.10 in my 10 team PPR Dynasty league recently, and though I think his situation limits his ceiling, I also think he is undervalued right now and will be a better back going forward than he was in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread