What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Clayton (1 Viewer)

C-Bound

Footballguy
Thoughts on him this week?

I can see another double digit target day for him with good results. Robinson is hobbled and Rams are playing at home against a pass D that was just destroyed for almost 500 yds.

Also, he had 2 catches for 2 TDs last week. Was Asomugha on him?

Given his 20 targets in week 1, his 2 TD's in week 2, and the fact that the Rams will probably be passing quite a bit this year(albeit with a talented, yet green rookie), yeah...Clayton is easily a top 30 WR, with the potential for a top 10-15 season. Not a must start just yet, but another week or two of high targets/points and he will most certainly be one...

Laurent Robinson (foot) is listed as doubtful for Week 3.

Look for Brandon Gibson and Mardy Gilyard to rotate at split end against the Redskins. Robinson has injured himself off the fantasy radar after being given a prime opportunity to emerge as his team's No. 1 receiver. Mark Clayton has taken the job and run with it, and now is an every-week WR3 play.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4241

Look for Brandon Gibson and Mardy Gilyard to rotate at split end against the Redskins. Robinson has injured himself off the fantasy radar after being given a prime opportunity to emerge as his team's No. 1 receiver. Mark Clayton has taken the job and run with it, and now is an every-week WR3 play.

Wow. Time to cut this dude. It was probably time last week, honestly.

I just cut his hobbled #### :lmao:

If you subscribe to FBG you already know how they rank Clayton. He is the unquestioned #1 WR in Stl and Bradford is going to him.

I just cut his hobbled #### :goodposting:
Yeah, I cut him last night to pick up Deon freakin' Butler... Two years in a row I took LRob late hoping he could emerge as a startable WR3. Damn injuries...

I don't usually share my bad beat stories, but I held this guy in my dynasty league since I drafted him in his rookie draft a few years back. I add Javon Walker and drop Mark Clayton a few weeks ago. A week later Clayton is traded to the Rams and is catching everything Bradford throws while Walker is released. ****!!!!!

As for must start, I say you better believe it.

He's getting close to a must-start in a start 3 league but not quite there yet in my book.

The more legit Bradford-to-Clayton looks, the more attention paid to stopping it. I get nervous when a #1 on a team only gets 2 catches...even if they are both TD's. He's a WR, not a TE for pete's sake. He's all of a sudden a reliable red-zone target? Clayton's resurgence makes for a nice story, but he's always been inconsistent and ding-prone and he isn't exactly an imposing physical presence.

Bradford is a smart kid and a quick study; he's smart enough to check down and target who's open rather than locking in on Clayton. It's not like he can count on Clayton to out muscle or out jump tight coverage.

Must start? No. He caught 2 balls last week that were both for TDs. That isn't going to happen every week and it was an otherwise poor performance.

Great guy to stash away, or use as a bye week filler. He'll get better as Bradford gets better.

Must start? No. He caught 2 balls last week that were both for TDs. That isn't going to happen every week and it was an otherwise poor performance.Great guy to stash away, or use as a bye week filler. He'll get better as Bradford gets better.
he only caught 2 balls last week because he was shadowed by nnamdi for most of the game.have to play him on a week to week basis. the redskins secondary is nothing to write home about.

Who would have thought that bringing in a veteran former first round pick WR can have such an impact from a rookie QB such as Bradford? Makes sense to me. Look I'm not saying Clayton is a top 10 WR. It's just one of those rare good feel stories of Nfl 2010. Bradford has a big arm. And he is looking to learn and develop from Steven Jackson and Mark Clayton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must start? No. He caught 2 balls last week that were both for TDs. That isn't going to happen every week and it was an otherwise poor performance.Great guy to stash away, or use as a bye week filler. He'll get better as Bradford gets better.
he only caught 2 balls last week because he was shadowed by nnamdi for most of the game.have to play him on a week to week basis. the redskins secondary is nothing to write home about.
Exactly. He isn't a must start every week but this is a nice matchup this week.

I think he's a good start this week. I certainly hope so since I picked him up and will be starting him.
FWIW, I have Clayton and have no choice to start him this week, but I think D. Hall will shut him down this week... just my 2 cents.... hope I'm wrong.

I think he's a good start this week. I certainly hope so since I picked him up and will be starting him.
FWIW, I have Clayton and have no choice to start him this week, but I think D. Hall will shut him down this week... just my 2 cents.... hope I'm wrong.
:blackdot: I've got him starting this week so far with Harvin and Floyd both dinged and Bowe doing very little...

Unless you have 3 of the top 10 wr's, this guy has become a must start every week till proven otherwise. Bradford has an arm and is being allowed to use it often.

Unless you have 3 of the top 10 wr's, this guy has become a must start every week till proven otherwise. Bradford has an arm and is being allowed to use it often.
In start 3 leagues he is probably a must start on the vast majority of teams, If you start only 2 he is probably still a bye week filler.

I'm pretty torn between Clayton and Owens. Right now I'm going with an overdue Owens with a ailing Ocho. I'm sure it'll be the wrong move. PPR league too which will probably make it even worse when Clayton snags 10 balls on 20 targets.

Certainly a must start this week. And as long as Bradford holds up I think you consider Clayton when submitting your lineups the rest of the season.

I've been thinking about giving him the start this week over Jennings. Great matchup for Clayton, and I don't really buy Jennings as a WR1 anymore.

My first week starting him and he outscored TO who I benched for him. I'm all in on Clayton. Bradford looking good too just needs to convert some more red zone opportunities.

That catch Clayton came down with at the 1 yard line was outstanding. Went up high and secured the ball coming down. He sure looks the part right now.

clayton's three game stats prorated through 16 games...

90+, 1,200+ & 10+ TDs

* bradford is the truth.

the OL could surprise this year.

He is mos def a top 24 fantasy WR for this season. Solid start versus anyone, imo...congrats to those who scooped him off the WW, or drafted him late.

:blackdot: I've got him starting this week so far with Harvin and Floyd both dinged and Bowe doing very little...
A TD only league and the three WRs on my bench score while Clayton and Wayne both get held out of the end zone :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread