What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late Round Draft Decision. Did I draft the wrong way? (1 Viewer)

Did I do better with LaPorta/Bryce Young or would it have been smarter with Purdy/Juwan Johnson?

• Sam LaPorta/Bryce Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brock Purdy/Juwan Johnson

• Brock Purdy/Trey McBride

• Total voters

awrangler

Footballguy
12 team ppr snake league where I picked 5th (5th snake)
My team:

QB: Trevor Lawrence, Bryce Young (start 1)
RB: Derrick Henry, Bijan Robinson, James Cook, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Kenneth Gainwell (start 2)
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jahan Dotson, Brandon Aiyuk, Zay Flowers, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins (start 2)
TE: Darren Waller, Sam LaPorta (start 1)
K: Brandon McManus (start 1)
Defense: SF 49ers (start 1)

In the 3rd to last round, I needed a QB2, a TE2, and a kicker.
I was deciding between QB Kenny Pickett, QB Brock Purdy, and TE Sam LaPorta. I also wanted a chance to draft Luke Musgrave.
So 3 picks before me, Musgrave was taken. The pick before me Pickett was taken.
So I had to decide between Purdy and LaPorta.
I took LaPorta thinking he would be more value during the season but 20 minutes after the draft I started freaking out that I took the wrong guy.

I took LaPorta and then took Bryce Young as a young flyer.

If I had taken Purdy, I would have taken either Juwan Johnson or Trey McBride.

Did I do better with LaPorta/Bryce Young or would it have been smarter with Purdy/Juwan Johnson?
Thanks!

I am not sure why you needed a qb2 and a te2. With the guys you have at those positions I would rather have more data at RB and WR.

I don't think either way would have made any difference at this point.

I lean Brock/Juwan, only with Brock & Juwans experience. I do think LaPorta will be a very good TE & Young has the ability to be a solid QB. If Lawrence stays healthy, you wont need Young until bye week 9, which gives Young a chance to get a potential rhythm going & its home vs IND, which could be a solid match up. Wouldn't be too concerned on this. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread