What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (1 Viewer)

Look at his game logs vs. SEA. He hasn't had a big game against the 'Hawks since 2011. I think they know something...
He has played only 2 games against Seattle with Palmer and got just 5 targets in each game. And he was on the injury report both games- Weeks 7 and 16 in 2013 -

Select Years years 2013:

Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury 2 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 3 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 4 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 6 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 7 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 8 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 16 Arizona Cardinals Questionable concussion

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/9047/nfl/injury_history/larry-fitzgerald#ixzz3rZAXGt6U

Last edited by a moderator:
The Man With No Name said:
Chapelboy said:
Look at his game logs vs. SEA. He hasn't had a big game against the 'Hawks since 2011. I think they know something...
He has played only 2 games against Seattle with Palmer and got just 5 targets in each game. And he was on the injury report both games- Weeks 7 and 16 in 2013 -

Select Years years 2013:

Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury 2 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 3 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 4 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 6 Arizona Cardinals Questionable hamstring 7 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 8 Arizona Cardinals Probable hamstring 16 Arizona Cardinals Questionable concussion

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/9047/nfl/injury_history/larry-fitzgerald#ixzz3rZAXGt6U
Good points. I may be in the minority, but I think I'm going to take a chance and sit him. With Jo. Brown nursing a hamstring, I don't think it bodes well for ARI. Fully prepared to kick myself if he goes off.

The Man With No Name said:
Chapelboy said:

Select Years years 2013:

Good points. I may be in the minority, but I think I'm going to take a chance and sit him. With Jo. Brown nursing a hamstring, I don't think it bodes well for ARI. Fully prepared to kick myself if he goes off.
Does it change your mind that John Brown is expected to start and play? Who does Sherman shadow is the real question to ask, then proceed from there.

I don't think Sherman is covering him. Sherman usually covers an outside guy. Maybe he'll spend a small % of the time on fitz. But I think fitz is gonna eat today.

I don't think Sherman is covering him. Sherman usually covers an outside guy. Maybe he'll spend a small % of the time on fitz. But I think fitz is gonna eat today.
Did you read the link on the last page? Sounds like Sherman shadowed Torrey Smith and Dez...makes me believe he might follow Fitz as well, especially if Brown is out.

Did you read the link on the last page? Sounds like Sherman shadowed Torrey Smith and Dez...makes me believe he might follow Fitz as well, especially if Brown is out.
Brown is projected to start and play. I believe the Cardinals really can use his presence if they expect to win this game. He stretches the field and provides more scoring opportunities.

Ok so let's say he does thatch fitz. Michael Floyd and john brown are no slouches. Palmer will feed them. And they will tear up plus matchups on the outside. At halftime Seattle will make adjustments and put Sherman on one of them and then fitz will be fed.

Look at the 2 other players you mentioned above that Sherman shadowed. Who were the other complimentary Wrs in their teams? Terrance Williams scares no one. Cole Beasley? And on sf bold in hasn't been healthy all year. I don't even know who the other Wrs are outside of smith.

Different ball game.

only difference is in 3 wide out sets fitz plays in the slot

Fitz's last four starts vs. SEA - 4/33/0, 2/17/0, 3/5/0, 1/2/0

He already has more yards in a quarter and change than he had in his last four starts vs. them combined.

Floyd and brown have really made fitz a wr2 lately
Floyd maybe, Brown no
Brown had 200 yards one game then got hurt and then Floyd took over
Fitzgerald still had 8 for 93 that game
ok and?
That is wr1 production
he was the 26th ranked wr in my league that week. So more like wr3. Since that week... 13, 5, 18 and whatever he gets this week. Those aren't wr1 stats. Still love him as my flex and he's a high end wr2. He's so consistent.

Floyd maybe, Brown no
ok and?
That is wr1 production
he was the 26th ranked wr in my league that week. So more like wr3. Since that week... 13, 5, 18 and whatever he gets this week. Those aren't wr1 stats. Still love him as my flex and he's a high end wr2. He's so consistent.
Even if your a wr1, you are not going to be wr1 each week. Also, without knowing your scoring system, I can't compare my wr1 with your wr2.

I'm quite happy with fitzgerald's 81 yards on 9 targets and 6 catches in ONE half of football against the Seahawks in Seattle and with occasional coverage from Sherman.

What the hell do you guys want? He's having a great game.

I'm quite happy with fitzgerald's 81 yards on 9 targets and 6 catches in ONE half of football against the Seahawks in Seattle and with occasional coverage from Sherman.

15 receptions, 227 yards, 2 TDs.

Its called: if he doesnt have 200 yards and 2 tds every game he is worthless and I prove my point.

In other words, people will say and do anything to be right about a guy in these threads. Lol. Just watch, someone will come in here and spin this game into a negative for Fitz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Floyd maybe, Brown no
ok and?
That is wr1 production
Even if your a wr1, you are not going to be wr1 each week. Also, without knowing your scoring system, I can't compare my wr1 with your wr2.
huh? You are the one who said 8 for 93 was wr1 status that week

I'm not complaining. Very happy with tonight's production. Just pointing out how the emergence of the other wrs has made him more of wr2 than wr1

Floyd maybe, Brown no
ok and?
That is wr1 production
huh? You are the one who said 8 for 93 was wr1 status that week
Whatever

Complaining about people not really complaining about a WR having a great year, and a great game, that was drafted late in 10 team leagues. Cheers.

I didn't mean to imply I'm not happy.

Just bit surprised Floyd is doing so well.
Why are you surprised? Floyd is a supremely talented wr. Was a first RD pick and drafted to be fitzgerald's heir apparent.

He's now coming into his own. Writings been on the wall for like 5 weeks now.

But this offense is prolific enough to feed all the Wrs and make them all fantasy relevant. You should be very happy that fitz now plays in the slot BC it makes him a chain moving integral part of the game plan in every game and almost certainly means that he'll see the weaker defensive back coverage as compared to Floyd and brown

In fact, the better flory does, the more room fitzgerald will have to run wild in the middle of the field while Floyd draws coverage to the outside. Floyd's emergence solidifies fitz as a solid wr1 imo

Why are you surprised? Floyd is a supremely talented wr. Was a first RD pick and drafted to be fitzgerald's heir apparent. He's now coming into his own. Writings been on the wall for like 5 weeks now.

But this offense is prolific enough to feed all the Wrs and make them all fantasy relevant. You should be very happy that fitz now plays in the slot BC it makes him a chain moving integral part of the game plan in every game and almost certainly means that he'll see the weaker defensive back coverage as compared to Floyd and brown

In fact, the better flory does, the more room fitzgerald will have to run wild in the middle of the field while Floyd draws coverage to the outside. Floyd's emergence solidifies fitz as a solid wr1 imo
Floyd was on my waiver wire as late as like week 5 or something. Feel silly for not grabbing him...

Why are you surprised? Floyd is a supremely talented wr. Was a first RD pick and drafted to be fitzgerald's heir apparent. He's now coming into his own. Writings been on the wall for like 5 weeks now.

Floyd was on my waiver wire as late as like week 5 or something. Feel silly for not grabbing him...
Eh...I had him and dropped him in week 4 to pick up Christine michael. I definitely regret that. But what can we do. That's Ff. Lol

Feeling good having both Fitz and Floyd although while Fitz will never leave my lineup Im not sure I want to start both vs a tough Cincy secondary.

Fitz has had a stellar year, easily out producing his ADP as well as Carson Palmer owners who didn't have to spend much to get him on draft day as their QB2. Who cares who he passes the ball to each week!? This set of receivers is starting to rival the greatest show on turf. :thumbup:

Palmer = Warner

Fitz = Holt

Floyd = Bruce

Brown = Az-Zahir Hakim and Ricky Proehl

CJ/Ellington = Faulk

and as I finish writing this ... yeah well maybe not LOL. But they are pretty darn good group! :D

Have Palmer and Fitz in my 12 team PPR, both drafted late, and am 9-1 with a pretty pedestrian looking team aside from those two and Gronk. I drafted both CJ Anderson and CJ Spiller. Ouch lol.

So easy to cheer for both Palmer and Fitz. Maybe the good run will come to an end eventually but at this point they're pretty matchup proof for me. If I lose in the playoffs, I'm fine with going down with the guys who got me there.

Fitzgerald has rebounded from a limited showing Wednesday, putting him on track to play on Sunday night against the Bengals. Fellow wideout John Brown (hamstring) is a step behind him, going from DNP to limited after two practices this week, but Michael Floyd's hamstring injury didn't afford an appearance Wednesday or Thursday. If current conditions extend into game day, Fitzgerald seems poised for a significant target count, which could yield fruit versus a Cincinnati defense that has surrendered eight touchdowns to wideouts this season.

Hes the biggest, softest blanket in the league right now. These are his targets the last 4 games.

Users who are viewing this thread