What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald Week 3 Status (1 Viewer)

Squintz82

Footballguy
Anyone know if he practiced yesterday or today? Hope he's close to 100% this week after playing it cautious last week.

I'm not starting him this week. He said before last game he 'wished he was 80%' and that his hamstring 'wore down' during the game. He needs to sit out a week and let his hamstring rest, but he's not going to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not starting him this week. He said before last game he 'wished he was 80%' and that his hamstring 'wore down' during the game. He needs to sit out a week and let his hamstring rest, but he's not going to do that.
Yes. Please rest. I fear this might be a Miles Austin situation. WR14 thru week 9, WR48 for the rest of the season. Hamstring injuries are no joke. But they do vary in severity. I would much rather see him wait several weeks until 100% than play an entire season at 60%.

Why hasn't there been any news since Sunday?
Because there's no news to report?

On Monday, it was reported that Fitzgerald didn't aggravate the injury, but that he "wore down" during the game. On Tuesday, NFL players are off (unless they play TNF). It's now Wednesday, and I would assume when practice reports are released, he will be (at best) a "limited participant."

Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.
Fitzgerald isn't expected to be on the field until Friday at the earliest. He may not practice at all this week. When asked if he would let a player play without practicing, coach Bruce Arians said, "You better have a résumé. We have a guy [Fitzgerald] with a pretty good résumé." You can expect Fitzgerald to be out there as a top-ten receiver play against the Saints Sunday.
RW apparently thinks he's a no-brainer start if he goes. I fall somewhere in the middle.

Fitzgerald isn't expected to be on the field until Friday at the earliest. He may not practice at all this week. When asked if he would let a player play without practicing, coach Bruce Arians said, "You better have a résumé. We have a guy [Fitzgerald] with a pretty good résumé." You can expect Fitzgerald to be out there as a top-ten receiver play against the Saints Sunday.
RW apparently thinks he's a no-brainer start if he goes. I fall somewhere in the middle.
There we go

Assuming Fitz plays at less than 100% or sits for a few weeks, who steps up in the AZ receiving corps? Last weekend with Fitz hobbling Roberts went 3/36 and Floyd 3/22. Is either receiver capable of becoming "the man"?

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can see what happened last week and be confident that he's a top 10 play this week.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can see what happened last week and be confident that he's a top 10 play this week.
Top 10 is pushing it. But if he didn't exit that game any worse, he's only going to be better than last week. He admitted that if he were healthier, he would've scored on that play he drew the PI call.

Top 10 is pushing it. But if he didn't exit that game any worse, he's only going to be better than last week. He admitted that if he were healthier, he would've scored on that play he drew the PI call.
Well, we don't know that he didn't exit the game any worse (yes, I know they said that, but he also lied about his status going into last week). Even if he did, how does that make it better? They're saying the reason he left last week was because he "wore down"- why wouldn't he do so again this week?

Well, we don't know that he didn't exit the game any worse (yes, I know they said that, but he also lied about his status going into last week). Even if he did, how does that make it better? They're saying the reason he left last week was because he "wore down"- why wouldn't he do so again this week?
Based on the news we've heard, he should be in better shape than last week. I have to trust quotes coming out of his mouth and can't speculate or plans for "what ifs". I wouldn't bench him in what looks to be a great match up, even at 50%.

He might have a good day but I can't risk another 5 point day when I have other options.

Based on the news we've heard, he should be in better shape than last week. I have to trust quotes coming out of his mouth and can't speculate or plans for "what ifs". I wouldn't bench him in what looks to be a great match up, even at 50%.
Why should he be in better shape than last week?

Also, how can you trust quotes coming out of his mouth when prior to the last game, he insisted everything was fine, but then (jokingly) said he wouldn't admit it if he wasn't? He basically told you not to trust quotes coming out of his mouth.

It's entirely possible that he's going to play all game and do well, but it's just as likely that he has a repeat of last week.

Why should he be in better shape than last week?

Also, how can you trust quotes coming out of his mouth when prior to the last game, he insisted everything was fine, but then (jokingly) said he wouldn't admit it if he wasn't? He basically told you not to trust quotes coming out of his mouth.

It's entirely possible that he's going to play all game and do well, but it's just as likely that he has a repeat of last week.
He was hurt last week in practice. He didn't aggravate the injury in the game, and he's not going to practice all week. Logic dictates that he'll be in better shape than last week, unless you believe he's going to strain it by watching practice. If you want to speculate based on what you've seen, thats fine if you have better options. But I'm not going to over-think unless I hear bad news.

Here's the part that worries me a bit:

"He wants to practice; I'm not letting him," Arians said. "I do not want him aggravating that again. We'll take that day to day." Fitz's desire to practice suggests his hammy is feeling reasonably good. Arians confirmed the All-Pro wideout can suit up Sunday even if he doesn't practice all week.

What does he mean aggravate it AGAIN?

IMO he clearly "aggravated" it but being the vet he is, he knew to take himself out of the game before it became a real issue. I think he "aggravated" it in the sense that he began to feel pain but stopped himself short of truly regressing. After having a full week off, it's plausible that he'll be able to go this week in much better shape than he did last week. He's not a no-brainer start, but if he (and the team) declares him a go, I'll feel more comfortable starting him this time around.

Have him in two leagues and will be playing Shorts in one league over him and Fleener in another. Just not comfortable at all with a WR playing on a bad hammy.

Pure, wild speculation as there's no guarantee that Fitz is even playing or that he'll be effective if he does play.

Pure, wild speculation as there's no guarantee that Fitz is even playing or that he'll be effective if he does play.
Of course it is. I'll always post RWs perspective, bias and all but by no means back it fully. I even stated I fall somewhere in the middle.

THe only "Q" that has ever been good for Fitz is Boldin. Unless he upgrades, I don't care what RW or these other guys say, I saw enough last week to know that unless the game is on the line throughout, it won't take much for Fitz to sit out. I don't expect this game to be that close so if I have better options, I take them and wait it out with Fitz.

Of course it is. I'll always post RWs perspective, bias and all but by no means back it fully. I even stated I fall somewhere in the middle.
Agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread