What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Klondike" New Mini-Series on Discovery Channel (1 Viewer)

The Hank

Footballguy
I didnt see a thread on this.

This show premieres tonight (9 EST) and has Tim Roth (Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction), Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) and some other good folks in it.

I am going to DVR this show and give it a chance, looks decent

Trailer

IMDB

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the opening episode was good but it jumped around a bit. And teaming up with Jack London is kinda out there.

I DVR'd this, have ep. 3 to watch up. Like it so far, I do find it a bit unbelievable that the two main women characters are drop dead gorgeous for where they are. I've seen plenty of pics from that era and frankly, you can't tell a difference between men & women for the most part. Hard way of life to do that ####.

It started out good, but too many convenient moments ruined it for me. That's poor and lazy writing.

For example, when Meeker falls into the ice because he's dancing and jumping around - and this is right as they are checking it for cracks and thin ice. You just knew what was going to happen.
Also, too many diatribes on what it takes to be a man/woman in the Klondike. Too many "don't you die on me <insert character name here>" type moments. Turned almost into a soap opera for me.

On Netflix, I gave it 3 stars for solid production quality, but I thought the story was a bit weak and too many easy/convenient moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best part of the show was the intro that they ripped from Game of Thrones. Pretty much all went downhill after that.

Wife and I watched first episode last night, we both like it alot. The pacing is a bit quick for me, but it's a good "popcorn flick" type show. Wife said that it reminds her alot of History's Hatfield and McCoy.

Users who are viewing this thread