What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelvin Benjamin - WR - FSU [UPDATE PAGE 1, 7/3] (2 Viewers)

At best he’s behind Kelce and Hill for targets.  At worst, he’s behind Kelce, Hill, Watson, Ware, and maybe West - since he doesn’t know the offense. 
These were my thoughts as well. Targets behind Kelce and Hill isn't a terrible ceiling. Maybe if you have the luxury of waiting until week 16 to see if assimilates into the offense he could be worth the dart, especially if you have any concerns over players getting rested in week 16.

These were my thoughts as well. Targets behind Kelce and Hill isn't a terrible ceiling. Maybe if you have the luxury of waiting until week 16 to see if assimilates into the offense he could be worth the dart, especially if you have any concerns over players getting rested in week 16.
Agreed.  My biggest issue is he only got a 1 year deal. So he’s a Chief for the rest of this year... just about the time he starts to pick up the offense.  There’s no guarantee he’ll re-signs for next year or that KC will even want him.

At this point, to me, he’s an insurance policy for KC in the playoffs... which doesn’t help us fantasy players.  If they look to re-sign him next year, I’ll be more interested. 

thinking out loud.... he's not agile enough to play in the slot, so either hill needs to lineup in the slot or watkins needs to be hurt for him to see significant snaps this year

"SOURCE: Sammy Watkins reinjured his foot in practice yesterday and had an MRI. Could be significant.

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) December 7, 2018"

"Sammy Watkins to miss 4-6 weeks with foot injury"

Conley or KB for FF playoffs?  KB most likely won't be active this week so Conley can be used.  But what about weeks 15 and 16?

Last edited by a moderator:
"SOURCE: Sammy Watkins reinjured his foot in practice yesterday and had an MRI. Could be significant.

Conley or KB for FF playoffs?  KB most likely won't be active this week so Conley can be used.  But what about weeks 15 and 16?
The big dilemma,  I lost Sanders and picked up Tre'quan Smith who certainly can't be trusted but I am wondering if Benjamin is any more trustworthy in weeks 15 and 16.

I just snagged him and dropped Watkins.  Watching intently and possibly starting against chargers shootout game

I still have this guy on one dynasty team - and I've wanted to cut him so many times and just couldn't do it. I'm stacked in that league so I would never need to do it, but there is zero % chance I would start him in a playoff game.

I still have this guy on one dynasty team - and I've wanted to cut him so many times and just couldn't do it. I'm stacked in that league so I would never need to do it, but there is zero % chance I would start him in a playoff game.
I finally did it a few weeks ago. It has changed my life. I feel like a new man with a giant weight lifted off my shoulders. 

They don't need KB for regular season as they already have the division wrapped up and they scored 40 last week without Hunt and Watkins.  I can see KB getting some significant snaps week 17 as Maholmes will be chasing 50 TDs and them scaling back Hill and Kelce.  When playoffs come around he will be a redzone target with Kelce.

Sleeper Fantasy reactions...

via Fantasy Football Alerts on Sleeper

@medalofhonor - I'd rather pick up Antonio Callaway than Kelvin Benjamin at this point..

@getpoopedonsir - Reportedly when told Patrick Mahomes would be feeding Benjamin, Benjamin asked specifically what type of food and how often..

@itsashleybro - He thought it said Chefs.

@nonexistant - Till the video comes out of him assaulting a donut.

###tevens117 - He signed with KC because he thought his agent said KFC..

@bingbing - Andy Reid wants a challenge at the team buffet..

@Mazzie1090 - They must see something we don’t..

@ReturnTheSlab - As a lineman.
Jesus...

Dude is done. Simply way out of shape.....and simply not NFL caliber anymore. Post knee injury he simply never made it back as he was looking like he would develop into a damn good red zone monster before the ACL went. 

Damn.....I liked that word “simply” in that post lol.

Happy if I am facing either, thrilled to be facing both.  No interest at all in starting them, unless it’s a huge league (16+ teams).

But for those of you actually playing in 32-man leagues Conley easily.  Guy actually has a role in their offense other than “watch the DBs run around and go get some more Gatorade.”

TD prowess,  HUGE body.  Dude is like 8'7", 320.  TD machine
HAND SIZE!!!!

(this was way overemphasized in all the scouting reports when he was coming out of FSU)

Plus catch radius - very useful when playing with inaccurate QBs. Unfortunately his new QB will be on the money so expect plenty of drops.

The Kansas City Star's Lynn Worthy says its "unlikely" that Kelvin Benjamin will play an extended amount in the Week 15 game against the Chargers.

Benjamin has only been in the building for one week and the Chiefs haven't guaranteed that Benjamin will be active on Thursday. If he does suit up, beat reporters don't expect Benjamin to be used as a starting receiver despite Sammy Watkins (foot) being week to week. Even with Patrick Mahomes leading one of the best offenses in the league, Benjamin will be no more than a low-floor WR5 if he ends up being active in Week 15
I should add the beat writer also said it's unlikely Kelvin Benjamin could eat just one ham.

EDIT: I need to stop; I can't be shocked people crack on him and then crack on him myself.

Free agent WR Kelvin Benjamin will work out for the Giants on Saturday.

He's among several wideouts the Giants are working out Saturday. Already down Sterling Shepard, who broke his thumb during Thursday's practice session, the G-Men were dealt another blow Friday when Corey Coleman went down with a torn ACL. A 2014 first-rounder, Benjamin has heard crickets this offseason following an underwhelming 2018 season that included just 25 catches for 380 yards and one touchdown over 15 games for Buffalo and Kansas City. If he lands with New York, it would be his fourth team in three seasons.

RELATED: 

New York Giants

SOURCE: Art Stapleton on Twitter

Jul 26, 2019, 1:30 PM ET

Dropped him early in the preseason from a roster that was severely short on talented WRs. Kept Kirkwood instead. KB took the laziest path he could find right out the door of a very lucrative, early retirement job. Hopefully he was equally lazy about spending money so he's not a riches to rags story. 

Free agent Kelvin Benjamin was listed as a tight end for his tryout with the Giants.

Benjamin, who hasn't appeared in a regular season game since 2018, reported to New York's minicamp listed at 6'5/245 as a tight end. Originally drafted by GM Dave Gettleman in Carolina, 30-year-old Benjamin is being treated as the one that got away. We'll follow this ongoing situation so you don't have to.

- NBCSportsEDGE
YES!!! THE PROPHECY HAS FINALLY BEEN FULFILLED!!!

Giants signed TE Kelvin Benjamin.

Out of the league since 2018, Benjamin worked mostly at tight end during his minicamp tryout. It's a low risk flyer for the Giants, who have Evan Engram and Kyle Rudolph locked in two TE sets. A first-round pick by GM Dave Gettleman with the Panthers in 2014, Benjamin faded into a sub-package role with Kansas City before falling out of the league. The Giants are hoping Benjamin can give them a pass-catching backup for Engram, who's missed 14 games over the last four seasons. 

SOURCE: NFL Network

May 16, 2021, 9:44 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread