What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper help? (1 Viewer)

Which would you keep?

• Mike Evans

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Devante Adams/JuJu Smith-Schuster

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Joe Mixon/JuJu Smith-Schuster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disposable Hero

Footballguy
I'm in a salary cap/keeper league. It is a 1/2 point ppr and we start 3 WR's and 2 RB's.  I am keeping OBJ(3.87) and Ertz(1.96)so far. Which group would you keep? Salary is in million. Cap restriction is 10.5 mil.

Mike Evans(3.75)

Devante Adams(2.68) and JuJu Smith-Schuster(1.8), Evans would be traded for Adams.

Joe Mixon(1.8) and JuJu Smith-Schuster, Evans would be traded for Mixon and ??.

Or I could trade OBJ and keep Mike Evans/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Joe Mixon/ Zach Ertz/Alex Collins(1.11).

All these combo's get me under the 10.5 mil salary cap protection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a salary cap/keeper league. It is a 1/2 point ppr and we start 3 WR's and 2 RB's.  I am keeping OBJ and Ertz so far. Which group would you keep? 

Mike Evans

Devante Adams and JuJu Smith-Schuster, Evans would be traded.

Joe Mixon and JuJu Smith-Schuster, Evans would be traded.

Or I could trade OBJ and keep Mike Evans/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Joe Mixon/Alex Collins.

All these combo's get me under the 10.5 mil salary cap protection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I honestly would look at option 4. This, to me, seems like the time to sell obj. His value can’t get any higher really, and it could certainly go backward by a lot if he suffers another injury or if Eli can’t last. I suppose it depends on what you’d get back, and if that changes the guys you want to keep. You’d basically be keeping a starting lineup +whatever you get for obj. 

I'm in a salary cap/keeper league. It is a 1/2 point ppr and we start 3 WR's and 2 RB's.  I am keeping OBJ and Ertz so far. Which group would you keep? 

Mike Evans

Devante Adams and JuJu Smith-Schuster, Evans would be traded.

Joe Mixon and JuJu Smith-Schuster, Evans would be traded.

Or I could trade OBJ and keep Mike Evans/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Joe Mixon/Alex Collins.

I would rank them this way

1) Keep OBJ, Adams, Schuster, Ertz, and trade Evans for a RB.  You would be set at WR at TE.  All hinges on trading Evans for a solid RB.

2) Trade OBJ and keep Evans/Schuster/Mixon/Collins/Ertz.  Depends on what you can get for OBJ, and can you fit it all under a 10.5 million cap.

3) Keep OBJ, Evans and Ertz.  This option may depend on you going all in on Barkley, since it depends on what RBs are going to be kept.

4) Keep OBJ, Mixon and Schuster....trade Evans.  Not a fan of this option.

I honestly would look at option 4. This, to me, seems like the time to sell obj. His value can’t get any higher really, and it could certainly go backward by a lot if he suffers another injury or if Eli can’t last. I suppose it depends on what you’d get back, and if that changes the guys you want to keep. You’d basically be keeping a starting lineup +whatever you get for obj. 
Thanks for the reply. I should clarify that I have OBJ, Evans, Ertz, Smith-Schuster, and Collins. I have to move either OBJ or Evans. Potential trade targets would be Adams or Mixon as I can fit more players under the cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rank them this way

1) Keep OBJ, Adams, Schuster, Ertz, and trade Evans for a RB.  You would be set at WR at TE.  All hinges on trading Evans for a solid RB.

2) Trade OBJ and keep Evans/Schuster/Mixon/Collins/Ertz.  Depends on what you can get for OBJ, and can you fit it all under a 10.5 million cap.

3) Keep OBJ, Evans and Ertz.  This option may depend on you going all in on Barkley, since it depends on what RBs are going to be kept.

4) Keep OBJ, Mixon and Schuster....trade Evans.  Not a fan of this option.
Thanks for the reply. In option 1 I would be trading Evans for Adams. Option 2 I could keep all 5 players under the cap.

It might help a little if we had the salaries associated with all the players.  That definitely goes into the evaluation for me.  Also, letting us know if there are escalations or length of time being able to keep someone restrictions.

It also sounds like you do not have a cap on the number of players you can keep.  Can you keep as many players as you want provided they all stay under the $10.5 total cap number?  How many teams and what type of players will be available in the draft?

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify that I have OBJ, Evans, Ertz, Smith-Schuster, and Collins. I have to move either OBJ or Evans. Potential trade targets would be Adams or Mixon as I can fit more players under the cap.
I’d put them both on the block and see what you get offered. I’d find a way to keep juju one way of another. Look at it as “production per dollar.” Maybe you put them both on the block and have an offer for each you can’t refuse. Or pick the offer that suits you best and take your chances. 

It might help a little if we had the salaries associated with all the players.  That definitely goes into the evaluation for me.  Also, letting us know if there are escalations or length of time being able to keep someone restrictions.

It also sounds like you do not have a cap on the number of players you can keep.  Can you keep as many players as you want provided they all stay under the $10.5 total cap number?  How many teams and what type of players will be available in the draft?
We can keep as many players as we want if they fit under the 10.5 mil cap. It is a 12 team league most of the good RB's will be kept. Usually RB's and WR's kept are pretty close. 

Users who are viewing this thread