What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep or move Roethlisberger/Rodgers (2 QB league question) (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. Had 10th overall pick this year so definitely an interesting strategy trying to draft this season. My roster is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Derek Carr

RB: Joe Mixon, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Kareem Hunt, Sony Michel, Zack Moss

WR: Chris Godwin, D.J. Chark, DK Metcalf, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb

TE: Darren Waller

K: Chris Boswell

DEF: Baltimore

I originally drafted Noah Fant at TE since I waited there but moved Odell Beckham, Jr. for Gallup and Waller in a 2 for 1 deal. Feel like my skill position groups are pretty good with some depth and upside. With that being said, I'm pretty uncomfortable at QB. There is the tangible evidence with the offensive scheme shift and the declining passing volume in the Packers offense. Roethlisberger is coming off serious elbow surgery and hasn't played in a year. Yet, the narratives of the "driven, motivated" Aaron Rodgers and the offensive explosion that is assumed to take place in Pittsburgh (he threw for 5000 yards in 2018 - wasn't that Antonio Brown's last year?). There's guys out there like Matt Ryan, and Carson Wentz, Josh Allen - lower-tier QB1 guys that are intriguing but are their range of outcomes much different than Roethlisberger and Rodgers? Let's discuss! WHIR.

What do you mean by "There's guys out there"?

On the waiver wire?  Or you'd have to trade for them?  I assume they aren't on the waiver wire since this is a two QB league but if they were, I'd take any one of those over Derek Carr.

As far as trading it depends on what it would cost.  I wouldn't mind having any of the three of those QBs you mentioned but not at the cost of hurting your team elsewhere.  There's question marks around your two starters, but would anyone really be that surprised if both Rodgers (who still put up 4,000 yards and 26 TDs last year) and Ben put up big numbers this year?  It could go either way.  I'd just rather take my chances with two proven QBs with question marks than having to take a flyer on an unproven and unknown skill position player.

What do you mean by "There's guys out there"?

On the waiver wire?  Or you'd have to trade for them?  I assume they aren't on the waiver wire since this is a two QB league but if they were, I'd take any one of those over Derek Carr.

As far as trading it depends on what it would cost.  I wouldn't mind having any of the three of those QBs you mentioned but not at the cost of hurting your team elsewhere.  There's question marks around your two starters, but would anyone really be that surprised if both Rodgers (who still put up 4,000 yards and 26 TDs last year) and Ben put up big numbers this year?  It could go either way.  I'd just rather take my chances with two proven QBs with question marks than having to take a flyer on an unproven and unknown skill position player.
Yeah, I think we're on the same wave length. I mean, who doesn't have question marks every season. Yeah, I would have to trade for those guys. The only real upside guys on waivers are guys like Tua or retreads like Mitch Trubisky. I'm better off waiting until bye weeks roll around as there are a couple of teams that have both QB starters on bye and will be looking to fill their lineup. 

I think you are in good shape at QB going into the season.  These are two guys that are undervalued because they are a bit risky.  If they stay healthy they will be fine and do well for you.  I wouldn't make a move unless you are getting a great deal.  I wouldn't force a trade by overpaying. 

Users who are viewing this thread