What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Junior Seau drives SUV off cliff and survives (1 Viewer)

Too early for conclusions, but not for speculation. Could this be at all the result of the same brain spots that have afflicted past players with tragic off field behavior (e.g. Chris Henry)?

Do we know if the two incidents are realted? Or is it just a coincidence? Did he drive off the cliff on purpose, after being arrested? Or was this an accident, unrealted to the arrest? Lots of unanswered questions obviously. It seems the writers want to tie these two incidents together for some reason, but they very well could be unrelated. I hope (as Maurile said) that Junior is OK physically and mentally!

Hey I can't read the whole article right now. can I get some cliff notes?
:hifive:
Seau arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Seau arrested this morning, booked into Vista Detention Facility around 2:00 AM. Seau released around 3:20 AM. Seau also played for Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he gets the help he needs. So many of these guys are in need of serious counseling. I give credit to a guy like Ron Artest, who finally got help (and even thanked his therapist when the Lakers won the championship) and now appears to be doing better. Whatever the root of Seau's problems, it's clear that he needs help.

s

Too early for conclusions, but not for speculation. Could this be at all the result of the same brain spots that have afflicted past players with tragic off field behavior (e.g. Chris Henry)?
Too early.
Huh? It's a very valid suspicion. NFL players get lots of concussions. This leads to erratic/violent behavior and depression later in life. Very relevant.
first of all, we don't know if the driving-off-a-cliff was accidental or intentional. authorities aren't saying.too early.

Too early.
Huh? It's a very valid suspicion. NFL players get lots of concussions. This leads to erratic/violent behavior and depression later in life. Very relevant.
first of all, we don't know if the driving-off-a-cliff was accidental or intentional. authorities aren't saying.too early.
Tough call there... There were skidmarks.. but even if it was intentional, hitting the breaks is going to be a natural instinct reaction..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oc...-reports-it-fo/ link to local article with photos. Its been raining here over the past few days and the marine layer (fog) has been heavy at times. Considering it happened in the early morning hours, it wouldnt suprise me if it was accidental or if he was f'ing with his phone. Plus you know the locals around here cant drive on dry pavement, let alone a little mist..

Last edited by a moderator:
From PFT:

Junior Seau says he fell asleep, didn't attempt suicide

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2010 6:01 PM ET

Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau says he fell asleep at the wheel when he drove off a cliff hours after his arrest early this morning and was not trying to kill himself.

TMZ reports that Seau told police that he wasn't trying to commit suicide when he drove his Cadillac Escalade off a cliff in Carlsbad, California. He says he nodded off while driving.

The crash came hours after he was arrested on felony domestic violence charges and accused of attacking a woman described as his 25-year-old live-in girlfriend.

Seau reportedly showed no signs of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but a blood test was taken shortly after the incident.
That helps clarify things. But I still need to know what happened to the white barrel.

survived 20 or so nfl seasons, survives getting trampled by a bull without a scratch, survives driving off cliff without significant injury.................ditka or seau versus a hurricane?

survived 20 or so nfl seasons, survives getting trampled by a bull without a scratch, survives driving off cliff without significant injury.................ditka or seau versus a hurricane?
:confused: fill me in on the bull. san fermin?
http://www.viddler.com/explore/VersusSportsJob/videos/1/
he's one tough hombre.
Yes he is. But that video hardly proves it. Pretty much gets a little shove from behind, perhaps even trips over his own feet, and the bull completely whiffs on him.

:violin: fill me in on the bull. san fermin?
http://www.viddler.com/explore/VersusSportsJob/videos/1/
he's one tough hombre.
Yes he is. But that video hardly proves it. Pretty much gets a little shove from behind, perhaps even trips over his own feet, and the bull completely whiffs on him.
reminds me of the Buffalo Bills.

Users who are viewing this thread