What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JT for Chubb Trade Advice (Salary Dynasty) (1 Viewer)

fantasybears

Footballguy
Simple Question:

I was offered Johnathan Taylor ($36) for Cousins ($7) and Chubb ($23). After offseason $ updates and trade incentives Taylor will be stay about $36, Chubb will go to around $26. Thoughts on the trade, upgrade worth the $?

League Info and Team:

It's a 0.5PPR $200 salary cap auction dynasty league with normal flex, so 1QB. Doing the trade probably means needing to moving Javonte ($29) or D. Pierce ($20), but might have to do that regardless.

My current team is (all salaries will go up a few $ next season):

Cousins, Kirk MIN $7
Mahomes, Patrick KCC $18
Chubb, Nick CLE $23
Pierce, Dameon HOU $20
Robinson, Brian WAS $4
Warren, Jaylen. PIT $1
Higgins, Tee CIN $10
Jeudy, Jerry DEN $14
Johnson, Diontae PIT $7
Pittman, Michael IND $8
Ridley, Calvin JAC $1
Sutton, Courtland DEN $10
Waddle, Jaylen MIA $11
Watson, Christian GBP $3
Pierce, Alec IND $1
Andrews, Mark BAL $10
McBride, Trey ARI $1
IR Slots:
Williams, Javonte DEN $29
Metchie, John HOU $1

I think it depends on how competitive you are currently. If you've been in the playoffs last year or this, then the trade should essentially work out as a wash value-wise for you. But if you are still building your roster and are another year or 2 away, then I'd stay put. Chubb is solid now, but in 2-3 years I see Taylor holding more fantasy value. Cousins will always be dependable, if not particular glamorous, and is a good-bye week fill but you might be able to find equivalent value for him elsewhere if you end up including him in the trade.

JT is 24 (in 3 weeks), Chubb just turned 27 and prob has 1 more elite season left. Cousins is a solid QB 2 but that's a small price to pay. Colts will prob have a rookie QB next year so have to factor that in. I don't play in salary cap leagues so not sure how much the money impacts but I'd take the deal.

I think I get younger with Taylor. You already have Patrick, so Cousins is expendable. I'd probably like a young option as my backup anyway... Things ebb & flow at the RB position, expecting JT to bounce back. I could roll with Taylor, Williams and Pierce.

Users who are viewing this thread