What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (1 Viewer)

Assuming he finally plays, how do you guys feels about the match-up? I think on paper it looks much more imposing then it really is, which often feels like the case when analyzing KC's defense.

Over the first half of the season they essentially faced a bunch of TE2s aside from Witten (who hasn't done much outside of a couple of NYG games anyway).You're looking at dudes like Clay Harbor, Celek, Myers, Walker (before Fitz was under center I believe), Rivera and Graham.

TEs have had relative success recently. As a whole, they haven't done enough to call this a + match-up but Cameron (4/81/0), J.Thomas (3/43/1) and L.Green (3/80/1) have proven they are beatable. It's probably not a coincidence that this also coincides with their recent slide.

I'm not in love with the match-up but I don't hate it either. Anyone want to shine some more light on this?
here is my insight

the KC defense is gun shy now, if hes active Im starting him
I'll ask you since you're a Chargers fan, would you start Reed over Green?
im not big on Green, seems like a desparate move.

the reason he played so much last week was Eddie Royal was out.

even then his targets dont go much above 6. Gates still had more targets than him even last week when Green was on the field for almost all of the offensive plays.

Assuming he finally plays, how do you guys feels about the match-up? I think on paper it looks much more imposing then it really is, which often feels like the case when analyzing KC's defense.

Over the first half of the season they essentially faced a bunch of TE2s aside from Witten (who hasn't done much outside of a couple of NYG games anyway).You're looking at dudes like Clay Harbor, Celek, Myers, Walker (before Fitz was under center I believe), Rivera and Graham.

TEs have had relative success recently. As a whole, they haven't done enough to call this a + match-up but Cameron (4/81/0), J.Thomas (3/43/1) and L.Green (3/80/1) have proven they are beatable. It's probably not a coincidence that this also coincides with their recent slide.

I'm not in love with the match-up but I don't hate it either. Anyone want to shine some more light on this?
And the numbers may be skewed by some of the backup QB's they played: Gabbert/Henne, Vick, Eli, Pryor, Keenum, Tuel. They did get Fitzpatrick depending on how you look at that one.

Griffin ain't exactly playing lights out right now, but the TEs did do okay (8/5/54/1) vs the Giants. Tell you the truth I think Griffin needs Reed in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (concussion) is listed as questionable for Week 14 against the Chiefs.

The good news is Reed is practicing. The bad news is he had a setback the day before last week's game after being cleared to play, and was shut down for the second straight week. Reed will be a locked-in fantasy TE1 if active against Kansas City. Chiefs-Skins has a 1PM ET start, so we'll know his status early.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (concussion, questionable) told reporters Friday he "feels a lot better" and will play Sunday against the Chiefs.

This obviously isn't confirmation, but it's good to hear nonetheless. Pat Daugherty of Rotoworld ranks Reed as this week's No. 10 overall fantasy tight end.

Source: Chris Russell on Twitter

Is now the time to buy on this guy in keeper/dynasty or is now the time to sell while you still can? As good as he looks while on the field, he seems like an injury waiting to happen.

Is now the time to buy on this guy in keeper/dynasty or is now the time to sell while you still can? As good as he looks while on the field, he seems like an injury waiting to happen.
If there was a discount from this, I'd certainly buy. LeSean McCoy missed multiple games last year with his concussion... no worse for the wear now. I'm on record as being a pretty big supporter of Reed however, so perhaps others feel differently.

I believe in the talent, and don't think there's enough of a pattern here health wise to panic on the guy.

He's so tempting to start this week but who the hell can afford this guy getting tackled once and getting a headache and asking to come out? He scares me. Nay have to go with Ladarius Green instead.

He's so tempting to start this week but who the hell can afford this guy getting tackled once and getting a headache and asking to come out? He scares me. Nay have to go with Ladarius Green instead.
With Royal out, Green is the easy choice here.

Factors include Griffin's lousy play of late and the fact that on paper KC's defense has been great this year (but not lately) and statistically for the season is No. 1 in FFPA vs TEs (FFT). Another factor is that WAS & Griffin badly need Reed, he came on at the right time and Griffin's late season plunge has coincided with Reed's 3 game disappearance. Now Hankerson is out, does Griffin look to Reed more than ever?

KC has allowed two TDs all year to TEs, but they were in recent weeks 11-12 to Julius & Green.

Overall the stats allowed to TEs combined:

Jax 4/36/0

Dal 8/41/0

Phi 3/23/0

NYG 0/0/0

TEN 4/43/0

Oak 3/23/0

Hou 3/38/0

CLE 5/84/0 (Cameron 4/81/0)

BUF 3/26/0

DEN 3/43/1

SD 6/101/1 (Green 3/80/1)

DEN 2/5/0

Griffin's passing yards have plummeted since Reed has been out - 118 two weeks ago vs SF, 207 last week vs NYG. This is a problem, or do you gamble that he now with Reed back goes to him repeatedly to fill the void in the passing and even the run game.

Was TE usage with Reed out:

Phi 0/0/0

SF 0/0/0

NYG 5/54/1

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
With or without Royal SD is using a lot of two TE formations and Green is coming into his own. Choosing between Reed, Green, or someone like Cook or Cameron is what we're seeking to decipher as the news unfolds on all fronts. All of them have gotten and continue to get redzone targets. I've seen rankings vary for all four of these guys from numerous sources.

I think I am going with Cook as of right now because of the matchup over Fleener. I looked at Reed and Green as well and Cook has been getting more targets lately and Arizona is a great matchup.

In answer to Saintsinadome question - I am starting Reed (presuming he's not a scratch due to a setback) for the very reasons you suggest. That is, RGIII had been relying on him to help boost the passing game. In fact, I would suggest that last weeks "bump" in TE production was partly because Reed was thought to be coming back until the very last minute (i.e. TE was back in the game plan). Honestly, if Reed plays, he could fairly easily put up those numbers (5/54/1) - if not better.

Are you guys really blaming him for coming back too slowly from a concussion? We're not talking about a sore hammy or something here.

I don't think anyone's blaming him, but after back to back weeks where everything was going well (relatively) and he was expected to play up until Sunday both times, it sure is disappointing. Three weeks to come back from a concussion is worrisome and certainly a longer recovery than normal.

I don't think anyone's blaming him, but after back to back weeks where everything was going well (relatively) and he was expected to play up until Sunday both times, it sure is disappointing. Three weeks to come back from a concussion is worrisome and certainly a longer recovery than normal.
From a concussion we didn't even see happen. Ya I'm panicking.

One concern could be his health. He rehabbed most of the offseason, got hurt in training camp, hurt in preseason, and dinged in multiple games in the regular season. Might be nothing.. might be something.
Feeling like I should have listened to myself. When you buy so low and the hype builds.. sigh.

Make no mistake, we're now on a comeback tour. Those top 5 proclamations now require proof.

Concerned that this guy was all hype, injected into a desperate offense with no WRs, and now might be a big injury risk.

So glad I cut Reed for Pitta last week. At the time, it seemed like a risky move. At the time, I had no idea he'd miss another game. I don't know how you could trust him in a playoff game if you had him. Grab Pitta if you still can.

:lmao: I love the overreactions on this board sometimes.
I was just about to post something akin to this. A lot of these posts are making it sound like Reed isn't super talented and he fluked his way into almost beating rookie TE records.

The concussion woes suck, no doubt but the hype is/was still very much justified.

So glad I cut Reed for Pitta last week. At the time, it seemed like a risky move. At the time, I had no idea he'd miss another game. I don't know how you could trust him in a playoff game if you had him. Grab Pitta if you still can.
Did the same and am very confident it was the right move. For next year too.

Apparently the headache is Reed himself.

Especially if Cousins starts, and the Skins looking so bloody awful, I guess Reed is really cuttable in redraft, unbelievable. Still great for dynasty though, especially when the Skins bring in an offensive innovator, which I bet they will.

Five weeks of season saving and four weeks of bupkis.

[EDITED]

was about to post the same thing.i dont need to cut reed but am definitely grabbing pitta for the playoffs.

With Cousins starting, and the Skins looking so bloody awful, especially I guess Reed is really cuttable in redraft, unbelievable. Still great for dynasty though, especially when the Skins bring in an offensive innovator, which I bet they will.

Is Cousins starting? is this confirmed>

With Cousins starting, and the Skins looking so bloody awful, especially I guess Reed is really cuttable in redraft, unbelievable. Still great for dynasty though, especially when the Skins bring in an offensive innovator, which I bet they will.

Is Cousins starting? is this confirmed>
Sorry, apologies, I meant to say "especially if Cousins starts."

At what point does Washington just IR him?
I would assume soon but that team is a mess right now.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here but I've been reading how Reed had two concussion in college but they didn't linger. Third times a charm I suppose..

Rotoworld take:

Jordan Reed (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.

Reed's concussion has been lingering for a couple weeks. He said late last week that he felt "a lot better" and planned on playing Week 14, but he was ultimately inactive. Reed seems highly questionable for Week 15 against Atlanta.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter

Getting close to drop time for this guy and Harvin
At this point, I think dropping Reed may be the right move...

Didn't even put in a limited practice today. You have to think they'll put him on IR soon.
...though if Washington IR's Reed, that choice will be made. Either way, in a redraft, simply dropping him outright is probably the right move as I think about it more and more.

blake said:

SameSongNDance said:
Didn't even put in a limited practice today. You have to think they'll put him on IR soon.
...though if Washington IR's Reed, that choice will be made. Either way, in a redraft, simply dropping him outright is probably the right move as I think about it more and more.
If your championship is wk 16 and he's not looking good for wk 15, how much can you trust him in wk 16 to play?

If Washington is smart, they'll shut him down. Concussions aren't something to mess with....

blake said:

SameSongNDance said:
If your championship is wk 16 and he's not looking good for wk 15, how much can you trust him in wk 16 to play?

If Washington is smart, they'll shut him down. Concussions aren't something to mess with....
at this point, even if he plays this week and I'm lucky enough to proceed to week 16, I don't think I'd play him over Pitta or as flex.

Still have high hopes in dynasty.

Users who are viewing this thread