What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jimmy Graham to Seattle! OFFICIAL (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that Jimmy Graham value has now dropped into Tier II.

Possibility Brees is on the market now?
Who would be in Tier 2?

Gronk is for sure all alone at the top.

But Graham still has to be the clear #2 TE in fantasy. Don't try to sell me that Julius to the Jags will be anything.

Kelce, Julius, Bennett, Eifert are all still a step behind.

Plus I don't think you make a big move for a guy like Jimmy Graham if you don't have plans to use/feature him. He will be the clear cut #1 receiving option in Seattle.

I don't think the fantasy hit will be as big as the board is making it out to be. Still #2

so many ways to look at this.... but 2 of the 3 elite fantasy TE's are switching teams pushing gronk's value to an all time high

i had planned on targetting graham in re-draft maybe now i get a little discount on him but still top 2 potential with a TE5-6 floor?

BOOM! goes the dynamite...and Graham's value..and Bree's value...and the real world elite-ness of the Seahawks. They are now on the road of the slippery slope, losing important players that are critical to NFL success.

I guess the Hawks got Gronked so hard they thought that was the answer. They will find, its not. And Graham owners, I feel for ya. THis is almost as bad as Hernandez owners waking up that day to see their boy was off to jail.

Gotta kind of like Ingram's prospects, though.

Graham's fantasy lookout takes a hit, imo.

RIght?
I'm not sure honestly. He'll prolly get 10 targets a game with those garbage WRs.
Pete Carroll doesn't throw the ball enough to make any receiver a top-2 option in Seattle, period. Not even Graham.

Hope everyone liked watching the 'Hawks and Pack in last year's NFC Championship game, 'cause it's going to seem like the opening scene of Groundhog Day in a couple of years.
They threw the ball 450 times with not a lot of competition.

Yeah, that Jimmy Graham value has now dropped into Tier II.

Possibility Brees is on the market now?
Who would be in Tier 2?

Gronk is for sure all alone at the top.

But Graham still has to be the clear #2 TE in fantasy. Don't try to sell me that Julius to the Jags will be anything.

Kelce, Julius, Bennett, Eifert are all still a step behind.

Plus I don't think you make a big move for a guy like Jimmy Graham if you don't have plans to use/feature him. He will be the clear cut #1 receiving option in Seattle.

I don't think the fantasy hit will be as big as the board is making it out to be. Still #2
THere's a big difference between being Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen 1&2 and being Aaron Rodgers/Matt Flynn 1&2. THe falloff is HUGE here. Seattle isn't like New Orleans. It is not ingrained in their skulls to throw 40-50+ every game. They don't need to and even if they DID need to then teams will focus on the ONE receiver the team has (Graham).

Were the Saints in cap hell? I think I just saw that, which would help explain the move.

Don't really think this hurts him a whole bunch. He's going to see plenty of targets with those WRs. Maybe ding him 10-20%? Still the TE2 IMO.

I like JG in Seattle. They need a receiving option and he is a hell of a red zone option. Besides, I think Brees and the Saints are trending downward anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this trade. Unger was hurt a majority of last year and Jeanpierre and Lewis (#3 guy) were actually alright in his stead. This feels more like a 1st for Graham and a 4th to me--good stuff. Plus with Unger and Zach Miller off the books this doesn't greatly affect the cap and signing Wilson to a long-term deal.

Excellent move.

Maybe ding him 10-20%? Still the TE2 IMO.
In terms of dinging him it depends if you are talking about what he's mainly been and what I projected him to be or what he was last year while playing hurt.

I think he can be as good as he was last season, at most I might ding him 10%. This is assuming he's healthy of course next season. In terms of how much I ding him versus what I expected he'd be in New Orleans I'd put that closer to 25%.

I also worry it won't be as consistent. Some games he'll dominate and other games he'll draw to much focus and struggle.

All that and I still think he's TE2, but the drop off between him and Gronk just got significant.

Were the Saints in cap hell? I think I just saw that, which would help explain the move.

Don't really think this hurts him a whole bunch. He's going to see plenty of targets with those WRs. Maybe ding him 10-20%? Still the TE2 IMO.
Yes. They were in cap hell.

In terms of dinging him it depends if you are talking about what he's mainly been and what I projected him to be or what he was last year while playing hurt.

I think he can be as good as he was last season, at most I might ding him 10%. This is assuming he's healthy of course next season. In terms of how much I ding him versus what I expected he'd be in New Orleans I'd put that closer to 25%.

I also worry it won't be as consistent. Some games he'll dominate and other games he'll draw to much focus and struggle.

All that and I still think he's TE2, but the drop off between him and Gronk just got significant.
At Brees age, I'm not sure the 1200-1300 yard Jimmy wasn't gone anyways.

Won't bore people with details but Brees is probably my least liked player in the league but I don't own him anyplace in fantasy so taking this from someone who is not fond of him or rooting for him I really don't consider his age and issue or see a dropoff in his play the next 1-2 seasons. Ironically this trade just took a big weapon, his best weapon, but fixed one major issue troubling Brees which was helping fix the interior OL. I think that had more with him maybe not looking as good as normal last year than anything and he still tied for the league lead in yardage.

seattle super bowl favs?
Calling my shot: not nearly.

NO got Graham's bext career years at the best value. He'll flash good games now and again, but his body is not cooperating with him anymore.

Call me a homer. Just not a big believer in Graham going forward.

At least the Saints still have Jarius Byrd :lmao: Jesus what a ####### horrific signing at the time. And then he got on the field & it looked even worse.

I'd bump down Graham obviously but there was such a gap after 1-3 and Julius went to Jax that I'd still put Graham 2.

I'd bump up Cooks and perhaps Stills and down Brees.Also think the Saints are smartly moving to a more run based attack. 1 to hopefully limit Brees mind numbing mistakes and 2 keep that horrible D off the field.

Won't bore people with details but Brees is probably my least liked player in the league but I don't own him anyplace in fantasy so taking this from someone who is not fond of him or rooting for him I really don't consider his age and issue or see a dropoff in his play the next 1-2 seasons. Ironically this trade just took a big weapon, his best weapon, but fixed one major issue troubling Brees which was helping fix the interior OL. I think that had more with him maybe not looking as good as normal last year than anything and he still tied for the league lead in yardage.
Lol why would anyone have a reason to dislike Drew Brees?

COulda sworn at this time last year all indications pointed towards Seattle running into cap issues.

Now Lynch signs huge and they get Graham.

Alrighty then

Love this trade. Unger was hurt a majority of last year and Jeanpierre and Lewis (#3 guy) were actually alright in his stead. This feels more like a 1st for Graham and a 4th to me--good stuff. Plus with Unger and Zach Miller off the books this doesn't greatly affect the cap and signing Wilson to a long-term deal.

Excellent move.
:goodposting:

This may not be as big a downgrade as we think for Graham. He goes from a team that had 3-4 legit passing options to maybe the ONLY legit option in Seattle. Plus he should have more offensive possessions thanks to a MUCH better D.

Wouldn't be surprised if Saints move up and take Mariota... send Brees to Cleveland or some other team that thinks they are a QB away.

RIght?
I'm not sure honestly. He'll prolly get 10 targets a game with those garbage WRs.
Pete Carroll doesn't throw the ball enough to make any receiver a top-2 option in Seattle, period. Not even Graham.

Hope everyone liked watching the 'Hawks and Pack in last year's NFC Championship game, 'cause it's going to seem like the opening scene of Groundhog Day in a couple of years.
I'm not sure whether you're agreeing with me or you're not.

Over the past 3 seasons, the Seahawks have ranked 32nd, 31st, and 32nd in team pass attempts. They're basically spotting teams like the Saints 4 entire games' worth of pass plays every year.

If I'd come up to you 24 hours ago and told you that Graham was absolutely, positively going to miss 4 games for the Saints next season ... would you still take him in the 3rd round of your redraft?

This may not be as big a downgrade as we think for Graham. He goes from a team that had 3-4 legit passing options to maybe the ONLY legit option in Seattle. Plus he should have more offensive possessions thanks to a MUCH better D.
I never like when a guy is the ONLY option. Too easy to gameplan for.

It's a downgrade any way you slice it

RIght?

Over the past 3 seasons, the Seahawks have ranked 32nd, 31st, and 32nd in team pass attempts. They're basically spotting teams like the Saints 4 entire games' worth of pass plays every year.

If I'd come up to you 24 hours ago and told you that Graham was absolutely, positively going to miss 4 games for the Saints next season ... would you still take him in the 3rd round of your redraft?
Who were they going to throw to?

TJ Housh was great then went to Seattle on a huge deal, then he was never heard from again.

Sidney Rice played great for Vikes signed huge deal, career over and never came close to what he did.

Percy Harvin Joins Seattle on a big deal and is non existent

Jimmy Graham goes to Seattle and ??

Bottom line receivers go there to be non existent

As someone who is heavily invested in both Maclin and Graham this has been horrible. I really cant think of a much worse place for a TE to go... Have fun blocking for Lynch, Graham.

This helps graham long term as I think NO slams into the wall very soon. I'd buy low on Jimmy if I could

RIght?

Who were they going to throw to?
The problem with that chicken or the egg argument is Golden Tate.

Users who are viewing this thread