What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jalen Parmele Over Stevan Ridley This Week (1 Viewer)

He is on to something though.... The Pats have scored over 100 points the last 2 weeks and Ridley only has 2 touchdowns. And the only way he scored tonight was running it in from 9 yards out. The Pats are in the red zone a gazillion times but Ridley seems to be the last option. As a Ridley owner I am definitely worried he could have a lot of 15-65-0 games down the stretch.

He is on to something though.... The Pats have scored over 100 points the last 2 weeks and Ridley only has 2 touchdowns. And the only way he scored tonight was running it in from 9 yards out. The Pats are in the red zone a gazillion times but Ridley seems to be the last option. As a Ridley owner I am definitely worried he could have a lot of 15-65-0 games down the stretch.
That is what you paid for. I don't think anyone is putting him on the same level as Foster but the guy has probably already outperformed draft position. You either have a guy like Turner who is wholly reliant on the rest of the offense getting TDs or a guy who will consistently get you 60-75 yards a game.Sure it is maddening to see Vereen or Woodhead in the game and them throw the ball 5 yards out but if it wasn't for that, Ridley would be in the same convo as Foster/Rice. But Ridley still benefits from such a potent offense and a pass heavy offense opens plenty up for him and Brady recognizes he needs to run the ball so I'm still happy going forward.

When did Ridley become a stud though?

I feel like the 'always start your studs' rule pertains to guys like Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees Arian Foster Ray Rice Calvin Johnson AJGreen ... not Stevan Ridley lol.

As to the General's post.

I don't see how anyone can be anything other than extremely happy with Ridley's production this year.

4 100+ yard games this year and 6 over 90.

he has 939 yards and 8 TDs in 11 games. Hes on pace for 1365 yards and 12 TDs....

Sure, hes got a tough schedule coming up, but hes already given you far more than you should have expected.

Gonna be hard to outperform that, but you never know.
:confused: 97 and a TD ... no catches. Good for 15/15.7 depending on scoring setup. That is not a very high bar at all. Nice game, but not one I would call "hard" to eclipse. :shrug:
True, but lets remember we are comparing him to Parmele here. I would be betting on the under 15.7 in this case.
Last week, Eggplant Parm put up 8/8.4 non ppr, 9.0/9.8 in .5 ppr, 11/11.3 in ppr.Say we get similar stat line this week ...toss a tuggy in there, and voila. Home vs. the Titans not too steep a hill to climb. :thumbup: I'll take the over up in here :popcorn:

All the smart Ridley owners should have grabbed Vereen too. It looks like he might be the one getting more red zone carries. I'd hate to start both of them..but the way that this offense is playing right now it might be worth it.

There's a whole lot of "told you so's" from both sides here and I'm not the first in here who thinks the OP presented an interesting choice. I'd still call it 50/50.

Ridley performed to his average in my ppr league, and slightly above it in my non ppr. He hasn't had any radical highs and lows this season, and 15.7 is top ten but not dominating. Given your league matchups if you can afford to be conservative then you play him--but if you need a spark Parmele just might give it to you. We know that NE consistently spreads the wealth, and we know that Jax doesn't have that much wealth and will ride the hot hand.

FTR, I didn't have space to pickup Parmele in my Ridley league after rostering Hillman, and am sitting him in my other league in favor of Marcel Reece.

:coffee:

Guys, why would I run and hide from this thread? I actually turned the computer off after my last post. I know, shocking that I wouldn't sit in front of the computer with this thread up every waking second! Ridley scored 19 points in my league! Since when is that a great day that is untouchable? It is EXACTLY what I expected him to do. While 19 points may be good for some of you, it is not what I want out of RB2 slot. I love that he did get a garbage time td, but with the pedestrian performance up until that point, it really didn't matter. Parmele will out score him unless he gets hurt.

Guys, why would I run and hide from this thread? I actually turned the computer off after my last post. I know, shocking that I wouldn't sit in front of the computer with this thread up every waking second! Ridley scored 19 points in my league! Since when is that a great day that is untouchable? It is EXACTLY what I expected him to do. While 19 points may be good for some of you, it is not what I want out of RB2 slot. I love that he did get a garbage time td, but with the pedestrian performance up until that point, it really didn't matter. Parmele will out score him unless he gets hurt.
This is not good enough for RB2? This year that stat line (1 TD, 97 yds.) is good enough for RB1 status.

:lmao: :lmao:

Just save yourself time and eat that crow already.

This is not good enough for RB2? This year that stat line (1 TD, 97 yds.) is good enough for RB1 status.
:lmao: Ridley is performing as an RB1 and 15 points is an RB1 game. He isn't going to put up the 30 point MJD/Foster days but that isn't what we are arguing here. Ridley was probably drafted as an RB2/RB3 (ESPN had him at 24) and he is currently the #7 RB. I'm not sure what people wanted. Drafting Ridley either gives you great depth or saves you if you drafted an MJD/Murray/DMC.

By the way, 15 points in a week makes you a top 12 back any week this year. So if you want to say Parmele can beat this, then you might as well have a Parmele over Ray Rice thread or a Parmele over Gore because odds are that some of those "studs" don't get to 15 points in a traditional league.

'General Tso said:
In week 8, Ridley scored a 1 yard TD. In week 9, he had a bye. In Week 10, he had a 1 yard TD. In week 11, he had a 3 yard TD.What exactly are you worried about?

'Brownie87 said:
Keep on digging yourself deeper into a hole..honestly what makes you think Parmele has any chance of putting up 19pts?? I mean is it the 2 rushing TDs the Jags have all season?

'General Tso said:
In week 8, Ridley scored a 1 yard TD. In week 9, he had a bye. In Week 10, he had a 1 yard TD. In week 11, he had a 3 yard TD.What exactly are you worried about?
Everyone tells me to bench Ridley every week and I start him with confidence knowing he's good for yardage and a TD. Even with woodhead and vereen getting in on the action he's still getting enough looks to be productive. Can't hate in positive yardage and tds every week.

'General Tso said:
Actually they had a stat up during the Houston Detroit game about running backs with the most touches in the red zone. Ridley is second in the league only to Arian Foster. If someone can find a link to the stat please post it for me.

'General Tso said:
I suspect the worry is that Ridley almost has to score for him to give you a good fantasy week. In the weeks he hasn't scored, he has put up very mediocre fantasy numbers. The fact that he is never used in the passing game really doesn't give him the chance of still having a good fantasy week in games where he doesn't score. And we can't expect him to keep scoring every week, can we? Sure, he has scored in 7 of 11 games so far, but with the fantasy playoff stretch coming, there is that real fear of him having a few of those games where he runs for 70 yards, doesn't score and doesn't catch any passes.

'General Tso said:
I suspect the worry is that Ridley almost has to score for him to give you a good fantasy week. In the weeks he hasn't scored, he has put up very mediocre fantasy numbers. The fact that he is never used in the passing game really doesn't give him the chance of still having a good fantasy week in games where he doesn't score. And we can't expect him to keep scoring every week, can we? Sure, he has scored in 7 of 11 games so far, but with the fantasy playoff stretch coming, there is that real fear of him having a few of those games where he runs for 70 yards, doesn't score and doesn't catch any passes.
Ridley is 4th in the league in attempts, 6th in rushing yards, & 2nd in rushing TD's. Any RB has a chance of putting up 70 yards and no TD's on a given week, including Foster (see Week 11). With the Patriots offense putting up 30-50 points/game, there's room for both Vereen & Ridley to be productive and I see no reason they use him any different down the stretch.

Starting 3rd stringers on mediocre offenses over 1st stringers on the best NFL offense just seems to be critically poor decision making.

The decision should have made itself. Play the guy on the offense that's scoring infinite points a game.

Starting 3rd stringers on mediocre offenses over 1st stringers on the best NFL offense just seems to be critically poor decision making.The decision should have made itself. Play the guy on the offense that's scoring infinite points a game.
Easy to say this after parmele gets hurt.

Starting 3rd stringers on mediocre offenses over 1st stringers on the best NFL offense just seems to be critically poor decision making.The decision should have made itself. Play the guy on the offense that's scoring infinite points a game.
Even easier to say it before. (as many of us did) No way should anyone have started Parmele over a back such as Ridley this week.

No. It's easy enough to not even think twice about starting a top 10 RB over a 3rd string RB on one of the worst offenses in football. Common knowledge. Glad we get to bump this thread ALL day long :)

No. It's easy enough to not even think twice about starting a top 10 RB over a 3rd string RB on one of the worst offenses in football. Common knowledge. Glad we get to bump this thread ALL day long :)
for the record, he's not 3rd string. he beat out Rashad which would make him 2nd string...

Where are you now Brownie???? Hahaha :)
Dude. I never would have started Parmele anyways, but there's still NO way to know how this would have gone if he stayed healthy.Unless you predicted an injury, there's nothing to brag about.
Well that is part of the game. Injuries are no excuse as they should often be considered. Additionally, there is a reason the guy has been on 3 teams and hasn't accumulated stats.

Dude. I never would have started Parmele anyways, but there's still NO way to know how this would have gone if he stayed healthy.Unless you predicted an injury, there's nothing to brag about.
Well that is part of the game. Injuries are no excuse as they should often be considered. Additionally, there is a reason the guy has been on 3 teams and hasn't accumulated stats.
It doesn't matter. This devouredbychaos guy is being a bit of a ####, all because a random injury happened? There's no way to predict that, so the Parmele call can't really be judged. Sometimes nobody is correct on a call because of things like this.

I don't own Parmele anywhere and wouldn't have started him if I did, because I have better options.

I'm just saying that calling out the OP when his guy was injured after one touch is bush league.

It doesn't matter. This devouredbychaos guy is being a bit of a ####, all because a random injury happened? There's no way to predict that, so the Parmele call can't really be judged. Sometimes nobody is correct on a call because of things like this.
Nah, I'm pretty sure starting Ridley was the obvious correct call. :coffee:

I don't own Parmele anywhere and wouldn't have started him if I did, because I have better options. I'm just saying that calling out the OP when his guy was injured after one touch is bush league.
Where are all of the Ridley guys now? He is stinking up the joint on my bench! Hope you all don't lose because you "had to start your stud"!
And that is why he gets roasted. Had he just said his peace and come back now, eaten his crow, I doubt he gets blasted. But he decided to talk #### before the Pats game was over and now he has this.

Users who are viewing this thread