What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jaguars vs Bills 9:30est/630pst AM game. London. (1 Viewer)

High priced TE brought in specifically for red zone situations, big strong running QB, a starting RB that's gashing the defense, not to mention 2 big, young WR that have been killing it all year?....but they run Gerhart 4 times at the GL for a half yard? Confusing play calling...but totally understand how this guy has 8 wins in 3 years now.
All true. I own Yeldon and wanted him to score (and yes, he should have gotten the ball there). But heck, Denard Robinson is probably a better short yardage call than Gerhart at this point.

That sneaky Brian Walters start people were pimping this week isn't quite working out

Yeldon seems as advertised - very patient runner
Thankfully I looked at my lineup in the first quarter and realized I never clicked submit on my phone. So Walters is on .y bench.

Unfortunately I sat Yeldon because of his "horrible matchup and injury".

Sigh

I never got a good look at the roughing the passer hit. Did Branch really hit him high..? Looked clean from what I saw.

So I know that the Peel Back block was made illegal after the Cushing injury, but what about that made it similar? It looked like Woods (?) blocked it pretty solidly - but since it's on Yahoo, I can't freaking go back and look at it again right now.

ETA: I found this as soon as I heard them call the penalty, but again - they only showed the replay showing the block one more time, and I missed it as I was reading up on it. This Yahoo thing sucks.

Oops - link: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/19/4125046/nfl-rule-changes-peel-back-block

Last edited by a moderator:
When an offensive player blocks a defensive player who is running towards his own end zone (from the side or behind).

This type of block below the waste has been illegal outside the tackle box since 2005. On March 20th 2013 the NFL voted to make peel-back blocks below the waste illegal inside the tackle box as well, resulting in a 15-yard penalty.

I never got a good look at the roughing the passer hit. Did Branch really hit him high..? Looked clean from what I saw.
Pretty weak call. He just hit him so hard on a free shot that they decided to call it since it looked like it hurt. Refs are such losers.

When an offensive player blocks a defensive player who is running towards his own end zone (from the side or behind).

This type of block below the waste has been illegal outside the tackle box since 2005. On March 20th 2013 the NFL voted to make peel-back blocks below the waste illegal inside the tackle box as well, resulting in a 15-yard penalty.
Maybe I am wrong, but he blocked the defender head on.

Jax is clearly not used to having a lead in the 4th. They've been passing the entire 4th for years playing catchup. Old habits die hard I guess

Is Clay banged up? Why is Gragg getting so many targets. Got that 3rd and goal target a couple drives ago. And now a bomb down the field?

If these hammerheads pass more than once on this series, I am flying to JAX and punching Gus in the forehead.

He wasn't even close to below the waste.

A lot to like about this young Jacksonville O for the future. Yeldon's running style very similar to Bell's

This Jax short yardage is horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread