What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers 2012 (1 Viewer)

LBH

Footballguy
Looking for opinions on JRodgers going forward. Turner is looking slower every year and I think Atlanta will bring in another RB either through draft or FA. Not sure what the plan is for Rodgers.will he be a viable flex play in PPR leagues or will Atlanta bring in a work horse if Turner is cut? Wondering if Rodgers is a smart buy in dynasty leagues

Depends on how Atlanta utilizes him. I never see him as a full time guy, but if they use him like say Sproles he could be useful in FF leagues. I personally wouldn't get your hopes up.

Depends on how Atlanta utilizes him. I never see him as a full time guy, but if they use him like say Sproles he could be useful in FF leagues. I personally wouldn't get your hopes up.
I pretty much see that as his best case scenario. There are a handful of RBs that are solid starters in PPR while mired in a RBBC. I'm not sure if Rodgers has the skills to be one yet but I've rushed to judgement on RBs that have started out slowly in their rookie year and have missed the boat. He didn't exactly blow me away in his limited oppurtunities this year

JMO When I see Koetter's first quote saying "We've got to improve our screen game"....I think Jacquizz Rodgers. I think that's a direct indication that's how they'll use him in 2012.

Turner will be their lead back. Just expect a lot more Rodgers. I was very impressed with Rodgers lower body strength. He's never going to be anything more than a 5-10 carry guy.

It's a copycat league and I'd buy Rodgers for peanuts while you can as he'll be a steal in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks. He's short not small! 5'6" 196 lbs. While I don't think he will ever get 20+ carries but to say he will never be anything more than 5-10 carry guy is being shortsighted.

Don't overlook Rodgers. Just needs an opportunity.

The New OC loves bubble screens, I think you're going to see a lot more of Rodgers and a bit less of Turner for 2012.

Folks. He's short not small! 5'6" 196 lbs. While I don't think he will ever get 20+ carries but to say he will never be anything more than 5-10 carry guy is being shortsighted. Don't overlook Rodgers. Just needs an opportunity.
His build is similar to MJD, low center of gravity, just needs to be a bit thicker.

Looking for opinions on JRodgers going forward. Turner is looking slower every year and I think Atlanta will bring in another RB either through draft or FA. Not sure what the plan is for Rodgers.will he be a viable flex play in PPR leagues or will Atlanta bring in a work horse if Turner is cut? Wondering if Rodgers is a smart buy in dynasty leagues
Trade him while you can...I hear one of his legs is shorter than the other and it is going to cause him to run around in a circle. :unsure:

Id say Jerious Norwood 2.0 the fact that Bloom likes him is a kiss of death ala Sproles, Harrison, and every other jitter bug bloom likes.

Peter King wrote the following in his MMQB today:

I think the Dirk Koetter hire in Atlanta is a nod to the fact that the Falcons wanted to throw the ball downfield more, and to improving their screen game (maybe in 2012 with Jacquizz Rogers). Koetter's not Mike Martz, but I do think he'll be more open to featuring Julio Jones and getting Matt Ryan to take three or four shots a game deep.

I'm buying everywhere I can, all he needs is the ball.

10 carries and 4-5 targets per game these days is enough to do some damage.

If you believe this, then you need to hedge on Rodgers. The last thing you want Atlanta to do is bring in a younger back who might be a complete back.I'd like Rodgers more if I was confident Atlanta was going to roll with he and Turner in 2012. But the new OC doesn't seem to have any qualms about using one back for all downs and distances.

If you believe this, then you need to hedge on Rodgers. The last thing you want Atlanta to do is bring in a younger back who might be a complete back.I'd like Rodgers more if I was confident Atlanta was going to roll with he and Turner in 2012. But the new OC doesn't seem to have any qualms about using one back for all downs and distances.
Rodgers should fill the Sproles role as he is the exact same size. They do need someone fresh though. Turner doesn't have the speed he used to have and he is zero threat in the passing game.

If they stick with Turner for one more year, I like Rodgers more and more. If they draft a more complete back, I like him a bit less. If they bring in a guy like Michael Bush, his value drops pretty quick as Bush brings with him the power running game and a pretty good set of hands.

(Rotoworld) The Falcons are expected to increase Jacquizz Rodgers' role next season, "particularly in the screen game." Analysis: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution floats the idea of Michael Turner as a trade candidate for a mid-round pick, which is a pipe dream at this point. The AJC also calls the failure to integrate Rodgers into the offense one of Mike Mularkey's "failings" in 2011. Rodgers and Turner will likely form a tandem attack behind a revamped, more athletic offensive line next season.
If Snelling isn't re-signed and the Falcons don't take an RB high in the draft, I'm liking Quizz more and more for next year.I think people are seeing his height and assuming "scat back". May be more than that.Turner will still get his carries, but I see him breaking down even more next year given his huge workloads the last 4 years.

(TheHuddle) Free-agent RB Jason Snelling is unlikely to be back with the Atlanta Falcons, and he will look for a deal elsewhere after seeing reduced opportunities due to the emergence of RB Jacquizz Rodgers. Analysis: Snelling's pending departure and Michael Turner's age and mileage make Rodgers an intriguing keeper league play. He was already seeing snaps in certain red zone packages, and with the Falcons' offense looking to be more passing-game based after adding Julio Jones in last year's draft he could see more snaps as simply the third-down and change-of-pace back.

Folks. He's short not small! 5'6" 196 lbs. While I don't think he will ever get 20+ carries but to say he will never be anything more than 5-10 carry guy is being shortsighted.

Don't overlook Rodgers. Just needs an opportunity.
At 5'6" it will be hard not too, but I agree 196 lbs on 5'6" is pretty thick and will able him to absorb hits. Warrick Dunn had a great career at a listed 5'9" (looked shoter) and 187 lbs.

Trade him while you can...I hear one of his legs is shorter than the other and it is going to cause him to run around in a circle. :unsure:
:lmao:

Folks. He's short not small! 5'6" 196 lbs. While I don't think he will ever get 20+ carries but to say he will never be anything more than 5-10 carry guy is being shortsighted. Don't overlook Rodgers. Just needs an opportunity.
His build is similar to MJD, low center of gravity, just needs to be a bit thicker.
Any thicker, and he will be as wide as he is tall. I am 5'6 also...I see no physical way I could get to 195 lbs. (athletically, not Biggest Loser). I am at 157 lbs. and am killing my baby fat...IF I were to get to an "athletic" build, I would need to drop 7-8 more lbs...to get from 150 to 195 without gaining any fat (all muscle), not only do I think he is a genetic freak, but not human.

Any thicker, and he will be as wide as he is tall. I am 5'6 also...I see no physical way I could get to 195 lbs. (athletically, not Biggest Loser). I am at 157 lbs. and am killing my baby fat...IF I were to get to an "athletic" build, I would need to drop 7-8 more lbs...to get from 150 to 195 without gaining any fat (all muscle), not only do I think he is a genetic freak, but not human.
MJD is listed at 5'7'' 208, so the genetic freak scale is even more off the charts for him.

I agree with a few others here:

Its easier to bring in a guy who is more like turner but can also catch than it is to either continue riding a slowing turner into the ground or morph things to involve Rodgers more.

I believe Quizz can make his mark but it almost has to be more like Sproles or Bush or Spiller...its going to take time because these guys are just not guys you turn things over to early and it just stays that way.

I love Quiz, and he's more MJD than Sproles. If given the opportunity he will be a feature back in the league.

I loved quizz since i watched him at OSU which is where i went his junior year. He's even more monstrous in person and kills at pick up basketball if that helps your decision to draft him or not :P. I will say this. He is very underrated and written off for his height but his build is much like MOJO D. Very low center of gravity. Many plays Pat O Riley played were a mixture of sweeps, screens, counters and he did em all. When given the opportunity he can be very very versatile and he will usually get lost by defenders when he has lead blockers. His vision is great his power is incredible and last year on the goal line while we still had Ryan katz as our qb he was our instant offense for 6 points. All he needs is an opportunity. P.S many announcers gets his name wrong its not JAWW-QUIZZ. His name sounds out like Juh-Quizz.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the blogger...

Falcons | Will manage Michael Turner's carries Sat Feb 25, 11:21 AMAtlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith said at the NFL Scouting Combine Saturday, Feb. 25, that RB Michael Turner will see less carries in 2012 as the team wants to incorporate some of their other backs. 'We want to keep (Michael) as our feature back, but we need to make sure we get some of the other guys carries as well,' Smith said. 'I think the thing we have to do as Michael gets a little older is to start putting him on a pitch count in terms of the numbers of carries.'Our view: We see this as big news for Jacquizz Rodgers here. Rodgers has the skill set to be a big play change of pace RB in the NFL. We'll see his role increase this year and fantasy owners should take note.
Still remains to be seen whether Rodgers will ever get a healthy workload, but his arrow is pointing up.

Just read that the Falcons re-signed Jason Snelling.

Have to think this puts a dent into Rodgers' value this year and limits his upside.

Just read that the Falcons re-signed Jason Snelling.Have to think this puts a dent into Rodgers' value this year and limits his upside.
Nah, if Turner goes down Snelling is part B in the committee.
I disagree. They didn't resign him for him to be 3rd string. Snelling will be the bellcow with Rodgers the receiving back.
They resigned him last year to be 3rd string.Bloom tweeted
nope. think Bradshaw/Jacobs RT @MonsterMag does the Snelling signing kill the dreams of 'Quiz Rodgers owners?

I love Quiz, and he's more MJD than Sproles. If given the opportunity he will be a feature back in the league.
If given the opportunity, I think he'll prove to be very average or below average. He just doesn't have the explosiveness of Drew or Sproles. I drafted him a couple times as I thought he fell into a good place to get an opportunity, but I'd gladly sell. It would really surprise me if Atlanta didn't draft a 2nd or 3rd round RB to take over in the near future.

Bloom tweeted

nope. think Bradshaw/Jacobs RT @MonsterMag does the Snelling signing kill the dreams of 'Quiz Rodgers owners?
Not sure I agree with this. I don't think Rodgers will get nearly as many touches as Bradshaw got, and Bradshaw was just as good - if not better - at the goal line than Jacobs was. With Turner and/or Snelling, those guys are very solid at the stripe, so Rodgers will likely be limited to between the 20s.

Does this explain your "Andre the Giant" avatar? :P

Bloom tweeted

Not sure I agree with this. I don't think Rodgers will get nearly as many touches as Bradshaw got, and Bradshaw was just as good - if not better - at the goal line than Jacobs was. With Turner and/or Snelling, those guys are very solid at the stripe, so Rodgers will likely be limited to between the 20s.
Quizz would be a good goal line back.

Bloom tweeted

Could be, but with grinders like Turner and Snelling, I doubt he gets too many opportunities.

Bloom tweeted

Could be, but with grinders like Turner and Snelling, I doubt he gets too many opportunities.
I don't really think of Snelling as a grinder. Turner absolutely.

With the change at OC, I think the training wheels are ready to come off the Falcons' offense and they're looking for a more dynamic backfield with three parts like New Orleans. I see them using Turner like Ingram for tough yards, Rodgers like Sproles as a receiver and Snelling like Thomas as a guy who can do both of those things well but not better than the other RB for the specific skill. How close you feel Atl can mirror NO should determine each player's value.

this dude reminds me of a guy that used to play back in the day somewhere up on thenorth shore he was short and heavy and had some speed but everyt ime you would see him in town it was a burger and fries and no concern for his build and if he had just set down the fast food he would have been one of the best but i think he got in trouble for bad marks or something like that and then moved away so i guess well never know now but anyhow it was probably twenty years ago now so i could probably look it up but i dont know his name but maybe some of the old timers down at the mcdonalds might remember him he at there a lot

this dude reminds me of a guy that used to play back in the day somewhere up on thenorth shore he was short and heavy and had some speed but everyt ime you would see him in town it was a burger and fries and no concern for his build and if he had just set down the fast food he would have been one of the best but i think he got in trouble for bad marks or something like that and then moved away so i guess well never know now but anyhow it was probably twenty years ago now so i could probably look it up but i dont know his name but maybe some of the old timers down at the mcdonalds might remember him he at there a lot
Did your chunky friend do this in the NFL? My link

Saw this a few days ago. Rotoworld may actually be on line with this, although it seems that they are taking the dismissive too-small impression of Rodgers that may or may not be accurate.

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas projects Falcons 2011 fifth-round pick Jacquizz Rodgers as the breakout player in the NFC South this season.Yasinskas sensed "genuine excitement" in coach Mike Smith's tone during a recent discussion about Rodgers. While Rodgers is undoubtedly headed for a bigger role with Michael Turner in decline, we have many reservations about recommending him as a more than a late-round fantasy pick. At 5-foot-6, 196, Rodgers will never be more than a role player. And he lacks both the dynamic playmaking ability and situation of a Maurice Jones-Drew or Darren Sproles. Mar. 27 - 10:08 pm et

Saw this a few days ago. Rotoworld may actually be on line with this, although it seems that they are taking the dismissive too-small impression of Rodgers that may or may not be accurate.

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas projects Falcons 2011 fifth-round pick Jacquizz Rodgers as the breakout player in the NFC South this season.Yasinskas sensed "genuine excitement" in coach Mike Smith's tone during a recent discussion about Rodgers. While Rodgers is undoubtedly headed for a bigger role with Michael Turner in decline, we have many reservations about recommending him as a more than a late-round fantasy pick. At 5-foot-6, 196, Rodgers will never be more than a role player. And he lacks both the dynamic playmaking ability and situation of a Maurice Jones-Drew or Darren Sproles. Mar. 27 - 10:08 pm et
Quizz measured 5-foot-6, 196 LAST YEAR, correct? I'm guessing his height didn't change, but has he put on more muscle (5-10lbs)in a year with NFL trainers and being completely dedicated to football? His frame looks like it could take a few extra pounds and not effect him adversely.

Big fan of Quiz. I think his frame could support an MJD type of build. Maybe not quite that thick but who knows? I agree with Scooby1974.

What's this guy's worth in dynasty? I'm trying to buy and was rebuffed when I offered a low 2nd rounder. Any consensus on what his value would be in rookie picks?

What's this guy's worth in dynasty? I'm trying to buy and was rebuffed when I offered a low 2nd rounder. Any consensus on what his value would be in rookie picks?
2.1 maybe. Right around there. As an owner, I don't think I'd sell him for much less than that.

2.1 maybe. Right around there. As an owner, I don't think I'd sell him for much less than that.
Right where I'd put him a PPR. Falcons offense looks stocked for the next 3-5 years (W/ Julio #1, Roddy #2 and TBD RB and Quizz as a rotational RB)I think Quizz can be the 500/500 (rush/rec) type. He's plenty strong enough in the lower body. Became a big fan of his and Dion Lewis watching the combine last year (their ability to change direction was on an entirely different level from the other RB's at the combine)

Not sure if this helps, but in a PPR league, I gave up Jake Locker to get Rodgers, Donald Brown, and Blaine Gabbert.

Users who are viewing this thread