What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J Love for Rookie 1.06? (1 Viewer)

Alex Hamilton

Footballguy
Hello All!

1 qb 12 Team dynasty, .5 ppr, te premium I give Jordan Love I get Rookie 1.06. I currently have Rookie 1.03. My qb's are J Love, J Herbert, Anthony Richardson My te's are Conklin and Waller. If I take the trade, I will take Bowers at 1.03 and BAP at 1.06. My fear, Anthony Richardson gets injured and J Herbert is a casualty of Greg Roman and has a ****ty season. What are your thoughts? Take the trade offer or no?

Thanksy,
bubs

In a 1 QB league you don't need three QB's of that quality. It serves your team much better to get value/help for one of them. I am surprised a team is willing to give that good a pick for a QB. I would for sure make this trade.

Might be a draft day trade for you, but I would wait and see if any WRs fall to 6 before trading. I would keep Love if all the wrs are taken.
@BearsFan4Life Thank you. Looking at my roster…do you think Bowers with my current 1.03 is a good move? Keep in mind…te are 1.5 ppr
With TEP being +1 I think Bowers is definitely an option at 1.03. The other option is trade back to 1.04 if you haven't announced to the league/pick 1.04 your intensions here and if they aren't taking Bowers.

This could be the cheapest Bowers is and 1.03 isn't a bad idea with these settings and your need at TE. Some say he is the next best/safest thing after MHJ and some say even a better prospect.

I'd definitely consider Bower at 1.03.

Now in a 1 QB I think having two good QBs in Herbert and ARich is solid going into this season. 1.06 isn't bad but without knowing the league and how people value QBs it is tough to say.

Question - in your rookie draft how many QBs might go in the first round? Will Caleb go mid first/late first? Will any other QBs go early 2nd round or will they slide? You might be able to trade Love and pick up another rookie later in the draft.

One thing you could float to the 1.06 owner is adding in a pick swap where you flip a 4th for their 3rd as well. Or would they do something like 1.06 + 2.XX for Love + 3.xx? Or maybe the 2 for a 3 is in 2025 or 2026? Any little extra leverage may work if they really need a QB.

1.06 could get you BTJ or even maybe the first RB off the board if someone like Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum go to a great spot in the 2nd round of the NFL draft.

Worst case scenario is you take Caleb at 1.06. Not sure what I think about that but if Caleb hits he could pay off more than the 1.06 down the road.

Initial thoughts are not a bad deal and Bower at 1.03 is solid.

EDIT - I just noticed the roster and it is IDP. I have no idea of rookie drafts/values with IDP but I would think that makes 1.06 even more flexible and open to BPA.

Users who are viewing this thread