What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's the greatest time of year WCWS tournament is underway....Lawyer Milloy approves!! (1 Viewer)

Louisiana about to bounce LSU ... The number 10 team in the country. LSU gave up a double trying to intentional walk :lmao:

I'm a college baseball fan who only recently started following college softball. What's the correlation between Oklahoma being the new/current powerhouse and the WCWS being played in Oklahoma City? Seems like a massive advantage if a team like Bama football was able to play every playoff and title game in Birmingham, AL.

I'm a college baseball fan who only recently started following college softball. What's the correlation between Oklahoma being the new/current powerhouse and the WCWS being played in Oklahoma City? Seems like a massive advantage if a team like Bama football was able to play every playoff and title game in Birmingham, AL.
Creighton and Nebraska aren't baseball powerhouses even though the CWS is in Omaha every year.

No one said anything when Oklahoma wasn't very good. Oklahoma St is only an hour away but no one complains about them. The WS is not played AT Norman, home of Oklahoma

It's been there since 1988?

Eta: Oaklahoma doesn't play every playoff game at home. Playoff hosts/region hosts are based off regular season record. So up until the world series multiple teams have hosted the playoffs. Tennessee for example played every playoff game at home. And as I mentioned this is not on campus might be trivial but the campus is 30 minutes from USA softball

Last edited:
For those that don't know

Softball has post season tournaments. Similar to basketball, You win the SEC and you are automatically onto the playoffs.

Then there are at large bids and a selection show. The field of 64 is then divided into 16 regions.

The top seed of each of those regions host the regional tournament.

After that round is completed the remaining 16 teams play in the super regionals.

This is a best of 3 games. With the top Seed of the "bracket branch" hosting the games. They do flip flop Home and Away

The 8 winners advance to the WCWS hosted in Oaklahoma CIty.

Double elimination of 2 - 4 team brackets. THe 2 bracket winners play a best of 3 for the title

Fun watching these games. I have had the opportunity to watch some of these players live when my daughter played in some national tournaments. In fact my daughter pitched against the pitcher going for Stanford now versus Oklahoma. These athletes are even more amazing in person if you ever get the opportunity to see some top 30 softball games go do it. It is one women's sport that is just as fast as a men's sport.

Fun watching these games. I have had the opportunity to watch some of these players live when my daughter played in some national tournaments. In fact my daughter pitched against the pitcher going for Stanford now versus Oklahoma. These athletes are even more amazing in person if you ever get the opportunity to see some top 30 softball games go do it. It is one women's sport that is just as fast as a men's sport.
Been involved in "high level" softball since my daughter was 10. She graduates in 2 weeks. Obviously not this caliber but she's played with and against a few kids that ended up at some big schools. I love it. We seen a couple games at this level and it is pretty awesome. Overall though she/we are way way way below this :)

Been involved in "high level" softball since my daughter was 10. She graduates in 2 weeks. Obviously not this caliber but she's played with and against a few kids that ended up at some big schools. I love it. We seen a couple games at this level and it is pretty awesome. Overall though she/we are way way way below this :)
My daughter plays for a team in our state that is part of a national organization out of Texas and got picked to go play with the national team out of Texas. Got to play in the Alliance championship that played some of its games at the Oklahoma Stadium where they play the WCWS. We didn't get to play on the main field, but they have fields around the stadium. Very cool experience with all the high level D1 coaches walking around. Got to see some of the competitive super teams out of California and Texas. Just a whole other level of play there.
The best interest my daughter had was a Mountain West School, same conference as San Diego State, but then the pitching coach moved, and the interest dried up. My daughter ended up at a school in the Lone Star Conference in Texas (mostly) but it is the SEC of D2 with a lot of D1 transfers that want playing time. Got an athletic scholarship too, so all's well that ends well.

It certainly doesn’t hurt now that they are a powerhouse, but I don’t think it had anything at all to do with them getting there. OU’s rise is all Patty Gasso. OU has had some legendary coaches across all sports in its history, and she might be the best out of all of them.

Stanford OU was great from what I saw between meetings. I can’t shake the feeling that OU is gonna get beat prior to the championship series.

Very interested in this OSU-FSU matchup. I think one of these teams will be in the championship series

My daughter plays for a team in our state that is part of a national organization out of Texas and got picked to go play with the national team out of Texas. Got to play in the Alliance championship that played some of its games at the Oklahoma Stadium where they play the WCWS. We didn't get to play on the main field, but they have fields around the stadium. Very cool experience with all the high level D1 coaches walking around. Got to see some of the competitive super teams out of California and Texas. Just a whole other level of play there.
The best interest my daughter had was a Mountain West School, same conference as San Diego State, but then the pitching coach moved, and the interest dried up. My daughter ended up at a school in the Lone Star Conference in Texas (mostly) but it is the SEC of D2 with a lot of D1 transfers that want playing time. Got an athletic scholarship too, so all's well that ends well.
Nice. My daughter ended up at a d3 school in the end. She wants to be a mechanical engineer and wanted to stay close to home and focused on those schools. We ended up with a few offers but in the end she just wanted to play somewhere and focus on the school more. We're still happy she she will get a chance to play her freshman year in a pretty decent conference

Nice. My daughter ended up at a d3 school in the end. She wants to be a mechanical engineer and wanted to stay close to home and focused on those schools. We ended up with a few offers but in the end she just wanted to play somewhere and focus on the school more. We're still happy she she will get a chance to play her freshman year in a pretty decent conference
Very cool, my older daughter plays D3 at a school she picked for academic reasons. It is a lot of fun.

I actually prefer college softball to college baseball. Love the faster pace and higher energy to the game. I’m biased though since my daughter also played through high school and I coached most of her youth years until she got to travel ball level.

Watching Stanford vs Alabama in support of these ladies and @belljr . Good stuff.

I will be bumping the men's CWS thread when we get there. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread