What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It felt really good to tip the drive thru girl at McDonalds tonight (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
I drove to McDonald's and bought $16 of food

The girl at the window was overwhelmed. Computer was down . She could only take cash and was writing orders down on paper and calculating the tax on her phone.

When she handed me the bag I tipped her $4

" this is for you"

Her- " really"?

Me- " yeah. You are having a rough night. Don't worry about it. You are doing a great job"

That felt good.

Pretty sure it is against McDonald’s policy for their workers to accept tips, you put the girl’s employment at risk.
Yeah actually I’m with McDonalds corporate. If you could give me the store #, or even general area, I’d like to investigate. We “only” had 71 stores with sustained cpu failure last night, so anywhere close should narrow it down. We can get the manager to check the tapes and get this rectified.  It’s store policy for a reason.  It starts with a few bucks, then we get comped food in exchange for a tip, then a month later it’s sexual favors for McNuggets.  The slope is slippery and the road is littered with empty packets of barbecue and special sauce. 

​

​

AlsoJ/K​

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it is probably a series of poor life choices like last night that caused her to be working there to begin with 
One of the top/best employers in Canada, and pays $14+/hr w plenty of opportunity for professional development.

As someone who works within the Provincial Government assessing Social Assistance and Employment Opportunities, there is nothing wrong with ANYONE choosing employment over other pathways. 

Yeah actually I’m with McDonalds corporate. If you could give me the store #, or even general area, I’d like to investigate. We “only” had 71 stores with sustained cpu failure last night, so anywhere close should narrow it down. We can get the manager to check the tapes and get this rectified.  It’s store policy for a reason.  It starts with a few bucks, then we get comped food in exchange for a tip, then a month later it’s sexual favors for McNuggets.  The slope is slippery with and the road is littered with empty packets of barbecue and special sauce. 

​

​

AlsoJ/K​
Is it true that the special sauce is mayo that's been left out in the sun for 5 days?

Yeah actually I’m with McDonalds corporate.  It’s store policy for a reason.  It starts with a few bucks, then we get comped food in exchange for a tip, then a month later it’s sexual favors for McNuggets. 

​

​

AlsoJ/K​
What size McNuggets? I'm trying to see if that would come out cheaper than a Happy Meal.

One of the top/best employers in Canada, and pays $14+/hr w plenty of opportunity for professional development.

As someone who works within the Provincial Government assessing Social Assistance and Employment Opportunities, there is nothing wrong with ANYONE choosing employment over other pathways. 
I find it odd that some of the people that hate welfare the most also like to put down people working at places like McDonalds.

There have been a ton of successful/famous people that started their employment history at McDonalds/other fast food places. So I'm not seeing the big issue of working there. 

I'm not really sure why McDonald's has a no-tip policy but I assume its so that the rank and file members are all on equal footing. Thought given the OP I feel like she went above and beyond her normal job. Would McDonald's reward her for the extra work? I doubt it. 

If anything is questionable its Roks decision to go to McDonald's and not somewhere that's good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been a ton of successful/famous people that started their employment history at McDonalds/other fast food places. So I'm not seeing the big issue of working there. 

I'm not really sure why McDonald's has a no-tip policy but I assume its so that the rank and file members are all on equal footing. Thought given the OP I feel like she went above and beyond her normal job. Would McDonald's reward her for the extra work? I doubt it. 

If anything is questionable its Roks decision to go to McDonald's and not somewhere that's good. 
At 2 am it was either McDonalds or Jack in the Box and I wanted a fish sandwich.

Yeah actually I’m with McDonalds corporate. If you could give me the store #, or even general area, I’d like to investigate. We “only” had 71 stores with sustained cpu failure last night, so anywhere close should narrow it down. We can get the manager to check the tapes and get this rectified.  It’s store policy for a reason.  It starts with a few bucks, then we get comped food in exchange for a tip, then a month later it’s sexual favors for McNuggets.  The slope is slippery and the road is littered with empty packets of barbecue and special sauce.
Aha, now I get your username... the R is superfluous to hide your identity.

How old do you think she was?

Old enough to date you?

Was she cute?

Honestly?

Why is there duct tape, wine coolers, and lube in your trunk?

How old do you think she was?

Old enough to date you?

Was she cute?

Honestly?

Why is there duct tape, wine coolers, and lube in your trunk?
I didn’t tip her for any of the above reasons.

I had a really ####ty day at work so I was sympathetic.

What about Josh Gordon?

It's the same in Australia.  One of the better places to work, especially if you're just starting out.

​

​

AlsoJ/K​
So I can get a happy ending with a happy meal if i  tip?

​

​

AlsoJ/K​
He’s on to you RokNRole, watch out 

Users who are viewing this thread