What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this shuke (2 Viewers)

I was shocked the first time I went to southern Ohio and they had southern accents.

oh dude ...pretty much anything not Cleveland is made of hillbillies. Columbus proper has been infiltrated by "regulars" from all the insurance company imports. I come from Dayton, but my parents both came from Kentucky - pretty much the same for a good many of my friends that weren't Air Force brats.

The old saying was that Dayton was built by all the hillbillies and briars whose truck broke down on their way to Detroit to get a job (Dayton had a bunch of automobile parts industries). Also, the state is pronounced "Ahai".

If you're from southern Indiana or SE OH you're likely more a Kentucky rolling hill/flatlander and called a "briar", if you're east of that - it's Appalachia you're a hillbilly.

People say things like "worsh your clothes", it's pop for any kind of coke, and my mom makes the best fried chicken you ever had.

I was shocked the first time I went to southern Ohio and they had southern accents.

oh dude ...pretty much anything not Cleveland is made of hillbillies. Columbus proper has been infiltrated by "regulars" from all the insurance company imports. I come from Dayton, but my parents both came from Kentucky - pretty much the same for a good many of my friends that weren't Air Force brats.

The old saying was that Dayton was built by all the hillbillies and briars whose truck broke down on their way to Detroit to get a job (Dayton had a bunch of automobile parts industries). Also, the state is pronounced "Ahai".

If you're from southern Indiana or SE OH you're likely more a Kentucky rolling hill/flatlander and called a "briar", if you're east of that - it's Appalachia you're a hillbilly.

People say things like "worsh your clothes", it's pop for any kind of coke, and my mom makes the best fried chicken you ever had.
I grew up outside Cleveland in the 70’s and 80’s. We used to say that Cleveland was West Virginia's largest city. It’s changed I am sure since I left in the early 90’s but there were a lot of good old boys from WV and KY back in the day!

I grew up outside Cleveland in the 70’s and 80’s. We used to say that Cleveland was West Virginia's largest city. It’s changed I am sure since I left in the early 90’s but there were a lot of good old boys from WV and KY back in the day!

oh yeah, I lived in Cuyahoga Falls for almost 10 years and then Butler, PA (a little north of Pittsburgh) - and you likely know it's called Pennsyltucky - lol.

For people that have never been there - it's hard to imagine just how smackdab in the middle of the Appalachian mountains it is. And hoo boy do they have their own hillbilly-speak. Loved our time there though - great people.

oh yeah, I lived in Cuyahoga Falls for almost 10 years and then Butler, PA (a little north of Pittsburgh) - and you likely know it's called Pennsyltucky - lol.

For people that have never been there - it's hard to imagine just how smackdab in the middle of the Appalachian mountains it is. And hoo boy do they have their own hillbilly-speak. Loved our time there though - great people.
Interesting - I lived north of Butler for a while after I left Cleveland. I grew up on the west side of Cleveland.

just saw an economy meme on the web. guy wearing a Nirvana shirt. thought for sure it was @shuke . spent 30 minutes analyzing side by side photos with some fellas at work and we concluded Nirvana shirt guy was not, in fact, @shuke

just saw an economy meme on the web. guy wearing a Nirvana shirt. thought for sure it was @shuke . spent 30 minutes analyzing side by side photos with some fellas at work and we concluded Nirvana shirt guy was not, in fact, @shuke

:useless:

I know. It's like mr. furley didn't even let the jury hear the evidence. Just straight to the judge.
Showing up to the Peoples Court with a folder full of nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread