What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Mike Evens a legit WR1? (1 Viewer)

Moonfish

Footballguy
In 12 team, 1/2 point PPR I passed on Michael Thomas at #7 (for Jacobs) and Davante Adams at #18 (for Ekeler who was the 12th RB taken), winding up with Evans at #31. I then took WR's for the next 2 rounds getting Calvin Ridley and DK Metcalf.  If I took Adams instead of Ekeler my RB2 would be Carson.  Did I blow it?  

I think so because I am not high on Ekeler at all but I don't think you are in bad shape.  I like those WR's you got a lot but I think Ekeler will not be as good as last year. 

In 12 team, 1/2 point PPR I passed on Michael Thomas at #7 (for Jacobs) and Davante Adams at #18 (for Ekeler who was the 12th RB taken), winding up with Evans at #31. I then took WR's for the next 2 rounds getting Calvin Ridley and DK Metcalf.  If I took Adams instead of Ekeler my RB2 would be Carson.  Did I blow it?  
Ouch on both.  I would have been thrilled with Thomas and Adams at those spots.  For flex type rankings (not including QBs) I have Thomas 4th and Adams 6th, Jacobs 10th and Ekeler 16th... .and I would not have taken Ekeler as I don't trust him.  

Yes, Evans can be a legit #1 WR though as others have mentioned I think he will be a bit more inconsistent than Godwin.

As for the picks, you didn't blow it, though, like many of the others have said, I personally for sure would not have taken Ekeler at that spot (especially with Adams available), the Thomas/Jacobs decision is a bit closer, but that is largely because I do think Jacobs can finish as a top 5 back this year, but I would have been very hard pressed to choose him over Thomas (and definitely would have gone Thomas in full PPR)

Mike Evans is a #1 WR..Yes. Only real question is if he can stay healthy a full season..seeing as he's on my team, too..I hope so. Or at least get healthy and not miss more than the first week.

But a true #1, he is, when he plays!

Users who are viewing this thread