What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is DJT suffering from a neurological condition? (1 Viewer)

I'm not a fan of Trump, but this thread strikes me as being in poor taste.
Would your opinion be any different if the title was just "Is DJT suffering from a neurological condition?", and then the first post included the links to the  Atlantic piece (from the OP's first post), as well as this piece (in the National Review), this piece (in the Economist), this piece (in Forbes), and other articles from various center-right sources?

We might be looking at the wrong man:

Michael C. Bender‏Verified account @MichaelCBender 3h3 hours ago

More

"Let me begin by bringing greetings from a man who is securing American leadership here on Earth and in the vast heavens above. I bring greetings from the 45th President of the United States of America, President Donald Trump."—Vice President Mike Pence, today in Washington

This is garbage but so was all the speculation that Hillary was ill when she was running. It’s a pretty pathetic level of discourse. 

Because it is a legit question.

"Politics" aside.  Does his behavior seem normal/stable?  
There was a science teacher banned and deleted earlier today, all of the same criticisms of him should be applied to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened this thread with the expectation of seeing a number of shtick-filled hijacks from one "side" of the aisle, along with a number of somber, fact-filled posts from the other "side".

Turns out I was right. I just had the two sides switched.

There was a science teacher banned and deleted earlier today, all of the same criticisms of him should be applied to you.
He was banned?  How do you know this? 

But the criticism of the “teacher” were that he ignored actual science...while this thread was started based on observation and an actual story.

He was banned?  How do you know this? 

But the criticism of the “teacher” were that he ignored actual science...while this thread was started based on observation and an actual story.
Maybe there is a club for the infrequent or "new" posters in this forum, who, in some odd coincidence, always seem to be on the right side of the political spectrum.

How are threads like this not deleted immediately?
It's a worthwhile topic, especially because the current Dem front-runner is even older than Trump is.

Speculating about specific neurological diseases is a little unseemly. But some kind of general (probably age-related) decline seems pretty evident.

Search YouTube for Donald Trump's interviews from the 1980s. He spoke in complete sentences, many of them with complex structures, without losing focus. His active vocabulary was noticeably broader. He did not consistently distract himself with impertinent tangents. He was, truth be told, downright coherent. The difference between the younger Trump and the present-day unscripted Trump is rather stark, IMO.

It should be at least moderately concerning even to his biggest fans.

It should also be a concern with Biden and Bernie on the Dem side.

Airline pilots are generally forced to retire at age 65. Air-traffic controllers are often forced to retire at age 56. A decent number of states force their judges to retire at age 70.

There should be no hard and fast rule against electing someone President beyond a certain age. But age-related cognitive decline is an actual thing, and it should be a factor in considering candidates for President. Trump is the oldest person ever to be sworn in as POTUS, and to me he seems obviously less sharp than he was a decade or two ago.

It's worth discussing.

squistion said:
Maybe there is a club for the infrequent or "new" posters in this forum, who, in some odd coincidence, always seem to be on the right side of the political spectrum.
Could be a Facebook group, I don’t know, just speculating 

:shrug:  Trump displays many signs that could be manifestations  of some sort of neurological condition.  

Not sure what the hubbub is.  

Yes but at the same time is a great reminder of the level of credibility of those starting threads like this in here and pushing their views. A great representation of the PSF, let's keep it. 
The views were in the article and referenced.  

Could only be a temporary thing of which I believe would be cured with another 4 years in the White House. What do you all say?

https://psmag.com/news/a-short-history-of-venereal-disease-accusations-against-presidents

A Short History of Venereal Disease Accusations Against Presidents

Pacific Standard Staff

Updated on

Jun 14, 2017

A look at an insult that’s occasionally popped up throughout U.S. history.

By Francie Diep

Abraham Lincoln. (Photo: Wikimedia Commons)

Just before Ted Cruz dropped out of the primary presidential race, he fired a memorable parting shot at Donald Trump, now the only remaining Republican candidate: Cruz accused Trump of struggling with venereal disease. We won’t say this is a new low for campaign-trail insults, but it’s an interesting one.

Throughout American history, rivals and critics have occasionally gone after presidents and presidential candidates with what we might call the “STD card” (it goes in your wallet next to your woman card). The “he’s got venereal disease” insult taps a surprisingly deep and longstanding stigma against people with sexually transmitted infections (STIs). By the late 1800s, Western scientists had already determined that microorganisms can cause STIs, just as they had discovered that microorganisms were causing pneumonia, tuberculosis, and malaria. Yet, even now, STIs seem “dirty” in a way that other infections don’t. You wouldn’t insult a political rival by saying she caught pneumonia in ’76.

There’s evidence to suggest at least two American presidents really did have STIs.

Some of the founding fathers have been accused to having an STI, often by those seeking to undermine their legacies. It’s rumored that George Washington died of syphilis, an allegation that historian Edward Lengel attributes to “a new mythology created in the 1920s that tries to take Washington down.”

In his book The American Leadership Tradition, conservative writer Marvin Olasky pulls the specter of STIs into his description of Thomas Jefferson’s relationship with a married woman, Maria Cosway. “Jefferson weighed the possibility of political embarrassment and venereal disease against generous and pleasurable spasms,” Olasky writes. That’s undue censoriousness on Olasky’s part, as David Brooks argued at the time: “In his 1997 biography of Jefferson, American Sphinx, Joseph J. Ellis describes [Jefferson and Cosway’s] friendship as a complicated and emotionally fraught episode in Jefferson’s life, which illuminated the struggle between Jefferson’s romantic sentimentality and his cold rationalism.” In Brooks’ view, Olasky’s version turns an infatuation—one likely never consummated—into “a cheap and tawdry affair.”

Meanwhile, there’s evidence to suggest at least two American presidents really did have STIs. John F. Kennedy Jr.’s childhood medical records show he contracted an STI as a teenager, the New York Timesreports. After Abraham Lincoln’s death, his law partner and biographer wrote in a letter that “Lincoln had, when a mere boy, the syphilis…. About the year 1835-6 Mr. Lincoln went to Beardstown and during a devilish passion had Connection with a girl and Caught the disease. Lincoln told me this.” It’s possible presidents just before and after Lincoln also had syphilis, but we don’t have records of it. In the 19th century, an estimated 15 percent of all people on Earth had had a syphilis infection.

The fact that Kennedy and Lincoln probably had STIs — and that Trump’s sexual-health status remains open to speculation — is neither here nor there, though. Call us naïve, but we don’t think having had a particular sort of infection has much to do with how well someone leads. You might take having an STI as a marker of infidelity—a badge of dishonesty that voters might not like in a presidential candidate. Yet, notably, both Lincoln and Kennedy seemed to have had their brushes with STIs when they were young, before any affairs they might have had in adulthood. That’s an argument for teaching pre-teens how to use condoms correctly—not an argument for treating STIs as immoral or un-presidential.

This

You're the biggest fake board cop here, then you do what you complain about.

It's funny actually
Few things.  Bluto still trying to get my attention.   :lmao:

Next. No board cop...there is a large difference between going straight personal in an ongoing conversation or jumping  right in replying to someone by talking about them and not what they post...compared to replying to a comment (as anyone who can click the quotes cans see that I did) and making an observation.

That isn’t to say I’m never guilty of it...never claimed as much.  But we have posters here who do that as nearly all of their means of discussion when someone questions them.  That’s always been my point.

So basically we have several posts trying to play gotcha with me and hypocrite police and you all failed miserably.  All while doing what!?  Refusing to actually do anything but post about me.  Pretty laughable ans yeah definitely not what the mods wants

https://psmag.com/news/a-short-history-of-venereal-disease-accusations-against-presidents

A Short History of Venereal Disease Accusations Against Presidents

Pacific Standard Staff

Updated on

Jun 14, 2017

A look at an insult that’s occasionally popped up throughout U.S. history.

By Francie Diep

Abraham Lincoln. (Photo: Wikimedia Commons)

Just before Ted Cruz dropped out of the primary presidential race, he fired a memorable parting shot at Donald Trump, now the only remaining Republican candidate: Cruz accused Trump of struggling with venereal disease. We won’t say this is a new low for campaign-trail insults, but it’s an interesting one.

Throughout American history, rivals and critics have occasionally gone after presidents and presidential candidates with what we might call the “STD card” (it goes in your wallet next to your woman card). The “he’s got venereal disease” insult taps a surprisingly deep and longstanding stigma against people with sexually transmitted infections (STIs). By the late 1800s, Western scientists had already determined that microorganisms can cause STIs, just as they had discovered that microorganisms were causing pneumonia, tuberculosis, and malaria. Yet, even now, STIs seem “dirty” in a way that other infections don’t. You wouldn’t insult a political rival by saying she caught pneumonia in ’76.

There’s evidence to suggest at least two American presidents really did have STIs.

Some of the founding fathers have been accused to having an STI, often by those seeking to undermine their legacies. It’s rumored that George Washington died of syphilis, an allegation that historian Edward Lengel attributes to “a new mythology created in the 1920s that tries to take Washington down.”

In his book The American Leadership Tradition, conservative writer Marvin Olasky pulls the specter of STIs into his description of Thomas Jefferson’s relationship with a married woman, Maria Cosway. “Jefferson weighed the possibility of political embarrassment and venereal disease against generous and pleasurable spasms,” Olasky writes. That’s undue censoriousness on Olasky’s part, as David Brooks argued at the time: “In his 1997 biography of Jefferson, American Sphinx, Joseph J. Ellis describes [Jefferson and Cosway’s] friendship as a complicated and emotionally fraught episode in Jefferson’s life, which illuminated the struggle between Jefferson’s romantic sentimentality and his cold rationalism.” In Brooks’ view, Olasky’s version turns an infatuation—one likely never consummated—into “a cheap and tawdry affair.”

Meanwhile, there’s evidence to suggest at least two American presidents really did have STIs. John F. Kennedy Jr.’s childhood medical records show he contracted an STI as a teenager, the New York Timesreports. After Abraham Lincoln’s death, his law partner and biographer wrote in a letter that “Lincoln had, when a mere boy, the syphilis…. About the year 1835-6 Mr. Lincoln went to Beardstown and during a devilish passion had Connection with a girl and Caught the disease. Lincoln told me this.” It’s possible presidents just before and after Lincoln also had syphilis, but we don’t have records of it. In the 19th century, an estimated 15 percent of all people on Earth had had a syphilis infection.

The fact that Kennedy and Lincoln probably had STIs — and that Trump’s sexual-health status remains open to speculation — is neither here nor there, though. Call us naïve, but we don’t think having had a particular sort of infection has much to do with how well someone leads. You might take having an STI as a marker of infidelity—a badge of dishonesty that voters might not like in a presidential candidate. Yet, notably, both Lincoln and Kennedy seemed to have had their brushes with STIs when they were young, before any affairs they might have had in adulthood. That’s an argument for teaching pre-teens how to use condoms correctly—not an argument for treating STIs as immoral or un-presidential.
The article I linked first, in the OP, authored by a doctor, wasn't written in an effort to insult DJT, or Republicans for that matter. It posed legitimate questions as to why DJT's behavior patterns have gotten more and more bizarre over the years. It then posed a possible diagnosis. It's not insulting DJT by claiming he has syphilis, its speculating that if he had syphilis at all it may have ingratiated itself to the point of having an affect neurologically.  Neurosyphilis is not syphilis.

I found it interesting and plausible that DJT might be suffering from neurosyphilis. I think at a minimum he's got some kind of neurological condition that is taking a greater hold of him as time passes. To ignore it isn't in the best interests of our country. No insult intended by wanting to discuss it. 

Few things.  Bluto still trying to get my attention.   :lmao:

Next. No board cop...there is a large dodge me between going straight personal in an ongoing conversation or jumping  right in replying to someone by talking about them and not the list...compared to replying to a comment (as anyone who can click the quotes cans see that I did) and making an observation.

That isn’t to say I’m never guilty of it...never claimed as much.  But we have posters here who do that as nearly their o my means of discussion when someone questions them.  That’s always been my point.

So basically we have several posts trying to play gotcha with me and hypocrite police and you all failed miserably.  All while doing what!?  Refusing to actually do anything but post about me.  Pretty laughable ans yeah definitely not what the mods wants
Wrong again.

And please proof read your posts before submitting, very difficult to read.

Good day sir

Users who are viewing this thread