What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (5 Viewers)

Think about any other group and how many earworms you can get started just reading the titles of the songs. A lot folks, people like me who like them but aren't even obsessed superfans, can instaplay 100-150 tunes in the catalogue. That's how interwoven they are in the culture. Not sure that is even remotely true to the same degree of any other band.

Composite Ranking #19 - We Can Work it Out
Highest Ranked by: #5 by @grateful zed  #6 by @Uruk-Hai  #7 @Bonzai  @Tom Hagen
#Of Lists: 14
Total Points: 176
Top10: 6
#1: 0
#2: 0
Krista Rank -62

I'm not with Krista on this one.  I had it at #15.  A classic.

You can get it wrong and still you think it's all right
More than anything else I love the way this song encapsulates the yin and yang of Paul and John as songwriters.  Paul's optimism is balanced by John's impatience and cynicism. 

Composite Ranking #17 - Blackbird
Highest Ranked by: #4 by @ScottNorwood  #7 by @Spock  #9 by @wikkidpissah
#Of Lists: 19
Total Points: 178
Top10: 3
#2: 0
Krista Rank -39

*** New Tier Level ***
All the prior songs were on 14 or less lists.  The rest of the songs were on 18+ lists except one at 16 and one at 17.

First song to be on at least 50% of the lists.

Only three of 19 ranked it in Top 10.

12 FBG ranked it from #16 to #23.

Paul live in 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Composite Ranking #16 - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Highest Ranked by: #2 @DaVinci  #3 by @Binky The Doormat  #5 by @Gr00vus  #10 by @Ilov80s
#Of Lists: 18
Total Points: 181
Top10: 4
#2: 1
Krista Rank -21

Yep, in my top 25 songs not in my Top 25.

(Remastered 2009)

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away / Love Of My Life - Queen + Adam Lambert Liverpool 28th Nov 2017
In my super-tier of 26-83.

Really wish I coulda fit it into 25.

I see Binky has it #3... 

...was that 3a, 3b or 3c?🤔

This thread is like jumping into Game of Thrones w/ no backstory
Hmmm... 

Trying to place K in this cast. 

Queen Cercei - only if K really improves her mean. Not likely. 😖

Queen Dany - possible...very possible. Both baddass. 

Sansa - not the naive Sansa, but the wise Sansa...I see similarities, but, something misses here. Pass. 

Arya - I like this. I could see K here. Still needs a little more mean, but within reach I believe. 

Still decidin

Now, back to Game of Thrones casting. 

Getz - gonna be tuff, but I'll try. 

Lord Varys - Getz has all the inside info, like this dude. And then doles it out as he sees fit. But, not sure if Getz is a eunuch... 🤔

Littlefinger - another dude that specializes in inside info, but I actually like Getz...so, pass. 

Maester Aemon Targaryen - could been king. Instead remained devoted to knowledge. Wise. Honorable. Old. What's not to like? Eh, dead. 

Jon Snow - ******* king. I like bastards. I am a *******. he knows nothing... Apt? 

Still cidin'. 

Composite Ranking #13 - Strawberry Fields Forever
Highest Ranked by: #2 by @BobbyLayne  #3 by @worrierking  #5 by @Ted Lange as your Bartender  #7 by @shuke
#Of Lists: 20
Total Points: 249
Top10: 6
#2: 1
Krista Rank -11

First song to be listed on 20 lists. There are ten such songs.

Lacked the Top 10 votes to crack the Composite Top 10.

Was listed on 8 of 10 Top 10 Contest lists.  Ouch.

Living is easy with eyes closed
2nd miss on my 10 list. 

Soooo close here. 

Great song. 

There's a bunch of these videos out there - Kids React To Beatles Songs.

One little girl calls out John's lead early in Lucy In The Sky ..."sound's like Spongebob" 😄

They ask what does this song mean?  One kid disgustedly says, "It's just a song, whydoyah have to debate it??"  Another kid says, "I really don't know what any of these mean." 😄
Lucy stepped in a puddle .  :lmao:

One little girl calls out John's lead early in Lucy In The Sky ..."sound's like Spongebob" 😄

They ask what does this song mean?  One kid disgustedly says, "It's just a song, whydoyah have to debate it??"  Another kid says, "I really don't know what any of these mean." 😄
It's just a song.  Why do you have to debate on it?   :lmao: :cry: :lmao:

All my ❤️s. 

Fav line:

"Let it be? Let what be? What is it?!" 

🤔

Not a bad question, actually. 

Users who are viewing this thread