What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

im starting jordan todman vs buf over ? (1 Viewer)

You guys realize that Jacksonville is dead last in total offense, right?

Henne is beyond pathetic, they give up a ton of sacks, and Buffalo leads the league in sacks. Lots of carries for a RB doesn't necessarily help when he's facing 8 man fronts and getting buried in the backfield.
they suck for sure. but the last few weeks JAX has looked ok. Running the ball much better....

considering starting Todman over:

1) Bush/Bell (at RB): if Bush were healthy, this would never be a consideration...nor would it be if Bush were out...but a possible timeshare of Bush and Bell.

2) Andre Brown (at RB): tough Seattle D (although not as good on the road)...Eli's poor play...Hillis stealing TDs

3) Pierre Garcon (at flex): will Washington play better with Cousins at QB? not a PPR league, so TDs are important

4) Riley Cooper (at flex): great opportunity, but he's had good matchups recently and hasn't scored...RBs usually better at flex than WRs, especially not PPR

Debating him or Steve Smith and Darick Rogers in PPR. Leaving towards BENCHING Todman right now.

I don't see a lot of upside for a huge week just based on what MJD has done all year. He's been better lately, but that offensive line is ranked dead last in run blocking. I can just see a 14 carries for 38 yards 2 catches for 17 or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking the safe play, at least for me, might be Rice>Todman.....I knew I should have started Mathews Thurs.

I have to pick Todman or Trent Richardson. I'm leaning more towards Richardson just because of the PPR value. Playoff decisions... live or die by them.

I'm thinking the safe play, at least for me, might be Rice>Todman.....I knew I should have started Mathews Thurs.
I would think more about that. DET has a top 3 run Def and Rice looks as if he is running like a kid in a snowsuit like in A Christmas Story.

In the last 4 weeks BUF has given up 15+ points each week in my scoring system and has surrendered 5 TDs.... wasn't K.Alonzo playing for the last 4 weeks? And this article says he's played every snap for the Bills so I'm not changing my mind even if he plays this week.

And specifically for the CJ2K option: on the year, ARI has only allowed four rushing TDs, allowed 100 yards rushing once, and only gave up 15+ points in my scoring system twice (M.Lynch and F.Gore). The tough matchup and the fact that he is apparently now splitting carries is enough for me to bench CJ2K.

In the last 4 weeks BUF has given up 15+ points each week in my scoring system and has surrendered 5 TDs.... wasn't K.Alonzo playing for the last 4 weeks? And this article says he's played every snap for the Bills so I'm not changing my mind even if he plays this week.

And specifically for the CJ2K option: on the year, ARI has only allowed four rushing TDs, allowed 100 yards rushing once, and only gave up 15+ points in my scoring system twice (M.Lynch and F.Gore). The tough matchup and the fact that he is apparently now splitting carries is enough for me to bench CJ2K.
Do you like todman over p.thomas and rainey?

If those r your choices then yes

If those r your choices then yes
Got d.brown and sproles too but don't trust the Colts and sproles has been mia most of the season

i have to choose between Rainey , Todman, Obgayannana. non PPR. i am eliminating OBGYN because of Cleveland's lack of run game all year , his inability to show much this year in opportunities given, plus great chance they will be playing behind.

if you take out Rainey's 80 yarder last week, he's at 2.25 yards per carry last week. 2 weeks prior total he is under 3 yards per carry.

with Todman over 75% of carries (assumed) and the far better matchup, don't see it as much of a risk going with Todman over Rainey. big money league and i really don't think it's that much of a decision. i love the Rainey volume and have rolled with him last three weeks, but 95% sure making the change to Todman.

Does this article where coach Bradley mentions Robinson splitting carries with Todman have any effect on whether you are still starting him?

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-InsideTheJaguars/Inside-the-Jaguars-Shorts-MJD-%E2%80%9Cvery-questionable%E2%80%9D/fe67e2f5-bc37-4825-89b5-85a95da8cd10

Todman has getting about eight carries a game in the last three games while sharing carries with Jones-Drew, and Bradley said if Jones-Drew can’t play there would be a similar split with Todman and rookie Denard Robinson.

Does this article where coach Bradley mentions Robinson splitting carries with Todman have any effect on whether you are still starting him?

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-InsideTheJaguars/Inside-the-Jaguars-Shorts-MJD-“very-questionable”/fe67e2f5-bc37-4825-89b5-85a95da8cd10

Todman has getting about eight carries a game in the last three games while sharing carries with Jones-Drew, and Bradley said if Jones-Drew can’t play there would be a similar split with Todman and rookie Denard Robinson.
Just about every starting RB in the league has a backup spell him for a handful of carries. That's all the article is saying.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-InsideTheJaguars/Inside-the-Jaguars-Shorts-MJD-“very-questionable”/fe67e2f5-bc37-4825-89b5-85a95da8cd10

Just about every starting RB in the league has a backup spell him for a handful of carries. That's all the article is saying.
so Robinson may get 8 carries....todman will get 20+ touches

so Robinson may get 8 carries....todman will get 20+ touches
20+ is a little generous. For that to happen the Jags would have to be playing with the lead for the better part of the game. I'm not worried about Denard as much as I'm worried about Ace Sanders. Wouldn't surprise me to see him catching passes out of the backfield.

I think I got you all beat. I'm starting him over Gio Bernard.
yeah i wouldnt do that
I second that.
Neither of you own Gio lol. You don't know what it's like.

He hasn't had a goal line carry in months. In FF, opportunity > talent

Todman will have more opportunity on Sunday and that's what you roll with.

It's not like he is Kahlil Bell either. Kid has wheels.
i do own gio and todman. Theyre both on my bench this week for lacy and sjax. But if i had to start one it would be gio without question

need to choose three out of these choices-

Todman, Rainey, Joique Bell, Mendenhall, Pierre Garcon & Torry Smith .... with at least one of them being a WR

I picked Todman up to block my opponent who currently has joique and gerhart lined up... The more I think about it, the more I think of starting him in over bush - cant believe I'm saying that, but how can someone trust Reggie? If Reggie is a no go I have pitta so I don't take a zero.

Any mention of delone carter? Any chance he sees some action? If the jags run the ball 30x and pass 35-40x, how many of those snaps does Todman see? What if denard looks good? What if carter looks good? What if Todman fumbles, does he have a short leash?

Maybe I'm just over thinking this...

I picked Todman up to block my opponent who currently has joique and gerhart lined up... The more I think about it, the more I think of starting him in over bush - cant believe I'm saying that, but how can someone trust Reggie? If Reggie is a no go I have pitta so I don't take a zero.

Any mention of delone carter? Any chance he sees some action? If the jags run the ball 30x and pass 35-40x, how many of those snaps does Todman see? What if denard looks good? What if carter looks good? What if Todman fumbles, does he have a short leash?

Maybe I'm just over thinking this...
Robinson has 17 carries on the season. Not sure carter has any. Pretty sure they will want to see what todman can do. He was the main back in preseason when mjd sat and he's been number 2 all season.

Mulling him over BJGE, Ellington and Cecil Shorts for my flex (non-PPR). Normally I would go Shorts, but its not like he's lighting the world on fire and he has that groin flare-up. Even if Shorts goes, how can you have confidence in him? Probably going Todman.

Right now I have todman at flex over streater and Lamar miller. Standard league. Been starting miller most of the season with little satisfaction.

It's Fred or todman for me

Rough choice
throw in Sproles, J Bell along with Fred and they are my choice. All of the choices have something going for/against them.

Todman on a team heading the right direction vs a Buffalo team thats getting gashed by RBs.... but he is a backup so is he any good?

Sproles against a team thats even worse vs RBs but is he even a RB in that context? and is he even a part of the game plan at this point?

J Bell would be a great pick if I knew Bush was out but all things point to Bush playing. Monday night game screws me.

Fred was a good RB option when Spiller was injured but Spiller seems to be mostly back and he has layed a few eggs including last week. Still he is the goal line back?

My other RB is L Bell and I guess Im starting Toddman and hoping for the best.

If Shorts is inactive I'm thinking that hurts the Jags' offense and ability to run. - Just something to look our for in considering Todman.

I'm dealing with FJax vs Todman in one league myself. Jax is 11th in FFPA to RBs on the season with 12 TDs allowed, while BUF is 20th with 8 TDs allowed. But over the last 5 games Jax is 31st with 2 TDs allowed while BUF is 6th with 6 TDs allowed.

Throw in the fact that Todman should be getting most of the carries while FJax has to split and only had 5 carries in the last game while also apparently having just a 1:2 or 2:3 split with Spiller and it seems like (to me, for me) Todman may be the better start.

I'm worried as well about them possibly not having their 2 best offensive players, that could make the whole offense suck. Really tough call this week.

Users who are viewing this thread