What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were to give a TED talk... what topic would it be on? (1 Viewer)

Inclusion of Disability Within the Spectrum of Diversity.

After developing friendships over the past several years with a couple fellow accounting professors who are at Gallaudet University (school for the deaf in D.C. - chartered by Lincoln in 1864), I ended up doing a paper on this topic with one of them. (The rest of the title is “and the Implications for Accounting Education.”) The history of how disability is isolated from other diversity aspects is interesting ..and discouraging. The high percentage of disability, such as in higher ed, is surprising. The conceptual breadth of “disability” is relevant - the visible and invisible disabilities. We have a need to move from a medical model (you have a disability! We need to focus on your problem) to a social model (individuals have impairments …the disability arises from society’s barriers).

The implication gets into universal design for education, which would be a TED Talk all of its own.

Last edited:
1) Identifying, Hiring and managing talent.
2) Running a startup professional services firm

Because I'm ****ing epic at it

Why life is Not a marathon.
It’s a long distance triathlon.

Early life is the swim - shortest (hopefully) and many of us swim with the current while many swim against it.

“working years” are cycling - the bike matters, as does the person peddling. Sometimes you get a flat.

Older years are the run - if you didn’t plan well in the first two phases it can suck.

Other ideas

1) How to lose and keep weight off
2) money management
3) How to get good at pickleball
4) where and how to travel

Don't quit your job until you find another one. Yeah I know..."toxic" work environment and all that. Suck it up. Go to work, look for something else, then bounce when you find it, not before.

After developing friendships over the past several years with a couple fellow accounting professors who are at Gallaudet University (school for the deaf in D.C. - chartered by Lincoln in 1864), I ended up doing a paper on this topic with one of them. (The rest of the title is “and the Implications for Accounting Education.”) The history of how disability is isolated from other diversity aspects is interesting ..and discouraging. The high percentage of disability, such as in higher ed, is surprising. The conceptual breadth of “disability” is relevant - the visible and invisible disabilities. We have a need to move from a medical model (you have a disability! We need to focus on your problem) to a social model (individuals have impairments …the disability arises from society’s barriers).

The implication gets into universal design for education, which would be a TED Talk all of its own.
Love this. Would maybe phrase it “accessibility”. That’s the next frontier for DEI. Our company helps blind, low vision and those with cognitive disabilities to have digital accessibility.

Why the entire subject of mathematics is misunderstood by most Americans, how the educational system is perpetuating this misunderstanding, the damage it is causing and the benefits we as a country would experience if only our educational system and its teachers actually knew what math is. It’s a national epidemic that needs to be addressed. Yes, I’m a math teacher, fighting the good fight.

Love this. Would you like to practice your Ted Talk on my work team? I'm only half-joking.

Love this. Would you like to practice your Ted Talk on my work team? I'm only half-joking.
Actually, I'd be happy to discuss that ...send me a PM, if you'd like. I've done a couple of academically-focused presentations, but I'd enjoy branching out and getting more practice at articulating the issues.

Actually, I'd be happy to discuss that ...send me a PM, if you'd like. I've done a couple of academically-focused presentations, but I'd enjoy branching out and getting more practice at articulating the issues.

@Joe Bryant , just another example of the good this place does... @tri-man 47 came to my team meeting today and presented on the topic above. He put a lot of time and effort into this, for no compensation, and we all learned a lot!

@Joe Bryant , just another example of the good this place does... @tri-man 47 came to my team meeting today and presented on the topic above. He put a lot of time and effort into this, for no compensation, and we all learned a lot!

I’m still available for a talk on homoerotic NFL parodies. Just sayin.

Seriously though, that is awesome.

Last edited:
How our obsession with "being happy" is leading to societal breakdown and will ultimately be the downfall of Western society.

Because I'd like for that not to happen.

I'd LOVE to give a Ted Talk on the proper usage of the Reply All button, which by the way is absolutely never, but it would consist of "Hi, my name is Sullie . . .when you click on the Reply All button you've just revealed to the entire world that you're useless, probably in upper management therefor most likely an a-hole." However, if I couldn't do that I'd love to find Doc Brown, jump into his time machine and together we would uninvent the Reply All button by forcing the inventor to feel the pain that we all suffer through, almost everyday, of some moron (usually upper management) that insists upon inappropriately and constantly using the Reply All button.

I know there've already been fantasy football jokes in here, but honestly, I'd have to say fantasy football. :shrug:

How to cut through the bull ****.

Strategies and Best Practices for identifying issues and problems while succinctly creating solutions to resolve them. Unlock the power of using your strategic and tactical skills to go above and beyond.

How our obsession with "being happy" is leading to societal breakdown and will ultimately be the downfall of Western society.

Because I'd like for that not to happen.

It’s funny that you mention this because my favorite Ted Talk of all time is on this very topic.

Susan David (2 min version): https://youtu.be/S45YDJZLjW8

Susan David (extended version): https://youtu.be/NDQ1Mi5I4rg

“A tyranny of positivity”

Last edited:

Tears for Beer.

I'd LOVE to give a Ted Talk on the proper usage of the Reply All button, which by the way is absolutely never, but it would consist of "Hi, my name is Sullie . . .when you click on the Reply All button you've just revealed to the entire world that you're useless, probably in upper management therefor most likely an a-hole." However, if I couldn't do that I'd love to find Doc Brown, jump into his time machine and together we would uninvent the Reply All button by forcing the inventor to feel the pain that we all suffer through, almost everyday, of some moron (usually upper management) that insists upon inappropriately and constantly using the Reply All button.
If you do the CC line properly the Reply all button can have a purpose. But when you include 75% more people on the CC button than really need to be there the reply all gets out of hand quickly.

There are people that really have no idea what they are doing which helps lead to bad (or sometimes hilarious depending on the subject matter) reply all moments

So cool, and Wally is such a quality guy. Nice one tri-man.

Users who are viewing this thread