What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If You Are Thinking About Bumping a Thread (1 Viewer)

DoubleG

Footballguy
Don't bump it after 1 FREAKING WEEK. Please. Just stop.

1 week is not a season or a career. There are people bumping "Michael Floyd is a bust" threads - and people bumping spotlight SEASONAL projections after 1 week.

If your post started with "In week 1,..." then feel free to bump. Otherwise, you just look like an ###.

All you have to do is look at your league stats for week 1 and realize that Blaine Freagin Gabbert is ahead of Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton to see whay judging a SEASONAL (or worse, career) projection after 1 week is not just incredibly stupid, but down right ludicrous.

Bump it 4-5 weeks...fine. After week 1? Really? Many of you doing it are better than that.

Carry on. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're complaining, if those of you reading this can take a second to simply use the search function instead of starting the 10th thread on the same damn player in the past two weeks, that would be great. One, it consolidates a bunch of great info into one thread, and secondly, it keeps other valuable topics on page 1 of the SP.

Thank you for your cooperation.

It's a FF message board. Sometimes it's fun to bump a thread, makes people like you git yer undies all bunched up.

It just annoys me far more when someone bumps a thread that my stated opinion was obviously FAR off base.

Might be the case here?

:yes:

OK, maybe not, but trying to police the bumping of threads is at best ill advised and certainly pointless. Go complain to management.

Banning "I told you so" type posters for first offense would go a long way towards cleaning thus place up. And getting rid of every emoticon exceot :ptts:

##.

All you have to do is look at your league stats for week 1 and realize that Blaine Freagin Gabbert is ahead of Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton to see whay judging a SEASONAL (or worse, career) projection after 1 week is not just incredibly stupid, but down right ludicrous.
Don't hate on Blaine. I might have to bump this thread next week if Blaine goes off. :)

Maybe Brady is passing the torch to Gabbert? We will find out for sure in week 2

While we're complaining, if those of you reading this can take a second to simply use the search function instead of starting the 10th thread on the same damn player in the past two weeks, that would be great. One, it consolidates a bunch of great info into one thread, and secondly, it keeps other valuable topics on page 1 of the SP.Thank you for your cooperation.
Yes, god forbid we discuss more than 3 players here.

Not to mention a million thinly disguised WDIS threads.
I love the "who are you benching for ____" or "who are you starting over____". Strangely a lot of people post in those worthless threads. We just need someone actively dropping them all in the AC forum. But during the preseason I really hate the "official 4th pick in 0.5 ppr 14 team league" threads. This should be a place to discuss players and their situations. Come up with your own draft strategy. :angry: /rant

Banning "I told you so" type posters for first offense would go a long way towards cleaning thus place up. And getting rid of every emoticon exceot :ptts:
Making prediction and that get proven right or wrong is what makes fantasy football boards fun. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen applies here. I have made many bad predictions and if some calls me on them I will eat a little crow. When some tell me that I'm delusional because I believe Russell Wilson has a shot to start and he ends up starting , I am certainly going to bump that thread.

'Donnybrook said:
'elbowrm said:
Making prediction and that get proven right or wrong is what makes fantasy football boards fun. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen applies here. I have made many bad predictions and if some calls me on them I will eat a little crow. When some tell me that I'm delusional because I believe Russell Wilson has a shot to start and he ends up starting , I am certainly going to bump that thread.
Totally disagree with this. Every single player specific thread turns into a personal back and forth cluster by week 3. Why would you care what a bunch of anonymous people on an inernet forum think about your prognosticating skills? We get to be proven right or wrong by the performance of our teams every week.

One of the best things about the Shark Pool is all of the helpfull posters who are here to act as board policemen and internet etiquette experts. Without them, I don't know how I would function.

'FF Ninja said:
'cstu said:
Not to mention a million thinly disguised WDIS threads.
I love the "who are you benching for ____" or "who are you starting over____". Strangely a lot of people post in those worthless threads. We just need someone actively dropping them all in the AC forum. But during the preseason I really hate the "official 4th pick in 0.5 ppr 14 team league" threads. This should be a place to discuss players and their situations. Come up with your own draft strategy. :angry: /rant
Actually, I don't mind the "who are you benching/starting" threads - they can actually lead to some helpful discussion and give a general idea about player value - which can and certainly does change over the course of a season.But yes, the drafting questions and the thinly veiled WDIS threads are weak sauce.Don't get me wrong - I dont mind if people step out and make predictions, then bump the thread to prove they "called their shot" weeks ago. I am just ranting on the numerous attempts to prove they called their shot, when 1 week proves absolutely nothing about seasonal or career predictions.Sure an update if things are moving in the right direction after a few games is certainly the point of FF message boards. But this past week has been way over the top - even for the SP. :P Oh, and as long as I am ranting, I also really enjoy the posters who post 6 times a year - and usually it's just to piss all over someone else's thread.[/rant]Good luck to all this season - and may all your predictions come true - and please do bump them and pound chest, when it actually makes sense to do so. TIA. God bless. gl/hv. Peace. :smooch:

One of the best things about the Shark Pool is all of the helpfull posters who are here to act as board policemen and internet etiquette experts. Without them, I don't know how I would function.
It's great that you approach the Shark Pool with such serenity. Another equally valid opinion is that extracting enjoyment/value from this place is becoming progressively more challenging due to the ever rising level of "white noise". I am a relative newcomer but even since I've been here, the "signal to noise ratio" of the board has gotten noticeably worse.

'Donnybrook said:
'elbowrm said:
Totally disagree with this. Every single player specific thread turns into a personal back and forth cluster by week 3. Why would you care what a bunch of anonymous people on an inernet forum think about your prognosticating skills? We get to be proven right or wrong by the performance of our teams every week.
People may be anonymous but poster have reputations of some sort. For example, after the Vikings drafted Sidney Rice one spot ahead of Dwayne Jarret. One of the more outspoken posters on this board wrote that Rice would be a total bust. As a Viking fan, posts like that piss me off. What I'm I supossed to do? Should I let that kind of stuff slide. If you are going to make crappy predictions, you should be held accountable. I'm going to bump that thread even if it is two or three years down the road. Otherwise newbies might get the impression that the poster in question actually knows what he is talking about.

I'm assuming the Jay Cutler bump spawned this thread.

It was mildly annoying and seemed sufficiently dealt with in that thread.

That move at least had the opportunity for fruitful discussion about Jay Cutler's value going forward, which is an interesting topic. Not that it happened, as people got so caught up in ripping the guy that bumped.

The guy put a great deal of thought into his Cutler projection and it added value to the thread. Cutler had a nice first week and he felt the need to pat himself on the back. I really don't care. Again, mildly annoying, but it's a little silly for it to have caused such an uproar.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is though.

Now, excuse me, I'm going to go start a thread asking people not to start threads specifically to call attention to minor breaches of board etiquette.

Users who are viewing this thread