What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you’re not listening to the Smartless podcast, you’re missing out on great stuff (1 Viewer)

Hi, I’m Otis. I used to run this joint. I never steered us wrong. And I’m here to help.

Ignore at your own peril.

-Oats
Did you watch the show on HBO Max? I liked that a lot.
Yup, we’re big fans of the podcast. Working through the Max show now. It’s good, and gets you some extra content, I just wish it wasn’t such short edited down versions of the podcast—would rather they include the whole interview. But it’s still great.

Hi, I’m Otis. I used to run this joint. I never steered us wrong.

-Oats

-Oats

Yikes.

If I'd posted that I might be tempted to abandon my current account and start a new one. Maybe buy a low member number so folks thought I was here all along.

Hi, I’m Otis. I used to run this joint. I never steered us wrong. And I’m here to help.

Ignore at your own peril.

-Oats
Did you watch the show on HBO Max? I liked that a lot.
Yup, we’re big fans of the podcast. Working through the Max show now. It’s good, and gets you some extra content, I just wish it wasn’t such short edited down versions of the podcast—would rather they include the whole interview. But it’s still great.
Spoiler alert:::::

The full interview is being released on their podcast

-Oats

I just snagged an Immanuel Quickley layup against the Heat for $309. These are going for over $1k so I just tripled my money while taking my morning piss!

Last edited:
My wife does Smartless and loves it. I've heard all about it but haven't gotten around to listening myself.
It's really good.

Jason Bateman is absurdly quick. Not as funny as Forte naturally, maybe. But his dry little snark is my favorite part of the show.

Chemistry, simply. It's fun listening to these three guys talk.
it’s freaking hilarious. Love Bateman. Arnett is so quick too. The way they all rip on each other is hilarious. But you can tell they are also good dudes who genuinely just wish others well and intend no harm. Funny, entertaining, you learn a lot about Hollywood and celebs and how many of these folks hang out with each other. And some serious stuff too. Just fantastic.

Can someone who listens give me a top 5 episodes to check out? My wife recommended Idris Elba but we all know why she liked that one ...

She also said Ricky Gervais was good.

Can someone who listens give me a top 5 episodes to check out? My wife recommended Idris Elba but we all know why she liked that one ...

Just noticed they had Max Tegmark July 13th. I'm reading his book Our Mathematical Universe now. Book is fascinating; haven't listened yet.

I'd recommend
You'll notice that my recommendations are all from the very early days of the podcast. I think I liked these best because you can tell they were (for the most part) tight with the guest (especially Jason and Will with Ron Howard from Arrested Development). As the show progressed, it's still good, but it feels a little more like they're having guests on to promote something.

I'm a huge Arrested Development fan, so really enjoyed the Mitch Hurwitz, David Cross, and Tony Hale ones. Also enjoy the ones with actors who end up being really down to earth...Ewan McGregor, Keanu Reeves, and Matthew Rhys were all good, just to name a few.

Elba was boring. Try Dana Carvey, Kevin Bacon, the Will Ferrell episodes, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon were also good and interesting.

Stick to the funny guests. Jack Black, Jon Favreau. They can hang with the guys better.
This is good advice.

Although every now and then you get to a guest who you assume will be really funny and they’re not. Steve Carell was suuuuper boring and unfunny.

Just noticed they had Max Tegmark July 13th. I'm reading his book Our Mathematical Universe now. Book is fascinating; haven't listened yet.

I'd recommend
You'll notice that my recommendations are all from the very early days of the podcast. I think I liked these best because you can tell they were (for the most part) tight with the guest (especially Jason and Will with Ron Howard from Arrested Development). As the show progressed, it's still good, but it feels a little more like they're having guests on to promote something.
I think Max Tegmark is the one they did at one of the live shows and it was a total flop. On the series on HBO max they go into this. Audience hated it.

Just listened to the Danny McBride.

Danny telling the story how during a hurricane his wife put dumbells on the trampoline to hold it down, and the dumbbell actually got blown through the neighbors window.

Forte: Hey Sean, don't you go to a place where everything that's not nailed down gets blown?

laughter

Bateman: Yeah, I think it's called Dumbells?

I think Max Tegmark is the one they did at one of the live shows and it was a total flop. On the series on HBO max they go into this. Audience hated it.
I just finished listening to it. If by audience you're referring to the live audience, seems like they were applauding. A lot. I suppose they could have sweetened it.
In any event, it was more AI focused that the book I read which was that the universe is a mathematical structure and that multiverses (several levels) exist. He keeps it conversational as much as he can, but it does get deep.

Just listened to the Danny McBride.

Danny telling the story how during a hurricane his wife put dumbells on the trampoline to hold it down, and the dumbbell actually got blown through the neighbors window.

Forte: Hey Sean, don't you go to a place where everything that's not nailed down gets blown?

laughter

Bateman: Yeah, I think it's called Dumbells?
My favorite is how ruthless they are about Sean’s dad leaving when he was 5, and they always joke about the tires screeching as he drove off. They will hit ant softball that comes up on this.

Kevin Bacon: my mom taught my kindness and compassion, while my dad was the one who really gave me the drive.

Bateman: Sean’s dad had drive.

I just finished listening to it. If by audience you're referring to the live audience, seems like they were applauding. A lot. I suppose they could have sweetened it.
In any event, it was more AI focused that the book I read which was that the universe is a mathematical structure and that multiverses (several levels) exist. He keeps it conversational as much as he can, but it does get deep.
Watch the Smartless series on HBO Max. You’ll see what I mean.

Watch the Smartless series on HBO Max. You’ll see what I mean.
I believe you

I tried, but not for me. They think they’re way funnier than they really are.
I prefer YMH and 2 Bears, 1 Cave (if looking for a comedic podcast).

Stick to the funny guests. Jack Black, Jon Favreau. They can hang with the guys better.
This is good advice.

Although every now and then you get to a guest who you assume will be really funny and they’re not. Steve Carell was suuuuper boring and unfunny.
I still liked it, but yes, I expected zany and he was...normal. Like really normal.

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread