What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Survivor Draft(s) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
I'd like to set up an IDP survivor draft around the same time as the SSLs, and then maybe another one in the Summer.

Any interest here?

IN so far:

Aaron Rudnicki

Twilight

Radballs

Duke1948

bundy1

ConstruxBoy

Rush

Duckboy

Fullback Fro

Kirby

Valence

Maroney=Speed

pretender

Miggity

Red Herring

Iwannabeacowboybaby

Alternates:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be interested, depending on #of IDPs and scoring. if you are going to have IDPs there needs to be enough to matter.

I'm not sure about total roster size yet, but I'd think a starting lineup like this would be pretty solidQBRB, RBWR, WR, WRTEPKDL, DLLB, LB, LBDB, DB, DBthat's a total of 16 starting spots (8 offense, 8 defense), so we'd probably be alright with about 30-34 rounds.I'd also be willing to consider possibly going with 1 or 2 IDP flex spots instead of a 3rd LB and DB to give people a little more flexibility when dealing with injuries and bye weeks.

also, if you're interested, feel free to use this thread as a sign-up thread. I'm fine with a 16 team league like the other SSLs, but we could also do this with just 12 if we have to.

i cant imagine how long a 34 round draft would be but im game
I'm thinking we'd probably do it at MFL to give people the ability to predraft. Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 weeks.

Definitely In. I've kept thinking about trying to get one going around MBSL time, but IDP tends to be a tougher sell than regular leagues, so I haven't pushed it. Remember, though, we did do a 12 team mock IDP draft 2 years ago, that turned into a Survivor, but I'd much rather have it as Survivor from the start, for drafting purposes. And MFL is almost a must to draft with, considering the necessary roster size for drafting.

I'd like to get into a SSL, but they seem full so I'd do this instead.
We had 25%+ turnover last year...with 4 leagues I'd expect about 12-16 unfilled spots.
Exactly, you're in if you're hanging around when they're getting underway.
OK, then I'm in this one and I'll try to get into a SSL. Is fantasy football an acceptable reason for divorce or justifiable homicide in the courts? No? Good. :D

QB

RB, RB

WR, WR, WR

TE

PK

DL, DL

LB, LB, LB

DB, DB, DB

sounds good to me, like the flex players as it would give some options in bye weeks and help out for injuries. what type of scoring? would you go with zealots or work something else out?

QB

RB, RB

WR, WR, WR

TE

PK

DL, DL

LB, LB, LB

DB, DB, DB

sounds good to me, like the flex players as it would give some options in bye weeks and help out for injuries. what type of scoring? would you go with zealots or work something else out?
I like the flex idea as well and think that will probably be the way to go here.As for scoring, we'd probably just go with something like the FBG standard:

solos/assists = 1/.5

sacks = 3

INTs = 4

PD = 1

FF/FR = 2

could also add points for safeties and blocked kicks I suppose. actually, I think I'd probably also want to make sacks worth 4 points to help bump up the value of DL a bit.

fine by me, with that scoring the IDPs will be viable part of the team. will twilight's program do the scoring? and a better question will twilight keep up it?looking foward to it !! :thumbup:

fine by me, with that scoring the IDPs will be viable part of the team. will twilight's program do the scoring? and a better question will twilight keep up it?

looking foward to it !! :thumbup:
Yes, FLM manages it fine. In fact, FLM had separate CB/S and DT/DE programmed before they implemented it in MFL.And yes, I'm a big IDP fan, so I will happily run it.

fine by me, with that scoring the IDPs will be viable part of the team. will twilight's program do the scoring? and a better question will twilight keep up it?

Yes, FLM manages it fine. In fact, FLM had separate CB/S and DT/DE programmed before they implemented it in MFL.And yes, I'm a big IDP fan, so I will happily run it.
:bow: :banned:

You are the man!

Ok I am the dumb one. What is a "Survivor League"? What makes it different from a redraft-dynasty-keeper league?

Ok I am the dumb one. What is a "Survivor League"? What makes it different from a redraft-dynasty-keeper league?
Generally speaking, it is a type of redraft league. You have a league draft just like you normally would. When the season starts though, you do not set a lineup each week. You get points from the highest scoring players from your whole roster. Example: your entire roster has 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, and 2 DEFs. Your league only scores your best 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF each week. So, your score in a given week is just the highest score at each of these positions from your entire roster. In a survivor league, usually one team is eliminated each week determined by whichever team had the lowest score in that particular week. So, if a league has 16 teams, there is one team eliminated each week (the one with the lowest score) until there is only one team standing. Hope this helps.

I'd be into this.. I'm seem to do pretty good IDP leagues, so this will be a good test.

Generally speaking, it is a type of redraft league. You have a league draft just like you normally would. When the season starts though, you do not set a lineup each week. You get points from the highest scoring players from your whole roster. Example: your entire roster has 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, and 2 DEFs. Your league only scores your best 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF each week. So, your score in a given week is just the highest score at each of these positions from your entire roster. In a survivor league, usually one team is eliminated each week determined by whichever team had the lowest score in that particular week. So, if a league has 16 teams, there is one team eliminated each week (the one with the lowest score) until there is only one team standing. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Yes that does make sense now! So you're investment in time is research as always and the draft - after that its up to how the players play. I'll give this some thought.

with 15 already in, looks like we might need another league, cause the interest will pick up as time gets closer.

with 15 already in, looks like we might need another league, cause the interest will pick up as time gets closer.
I'm fine with 1 12-team league, 1 16-team league, or 2 12-team leagues if there is enough interest.

looks like we have 18 so far, so I guess we'll go with a 16-team league.

if we can get 6 more people, then we can do 2 leagues of 12-teams each.

one last bump and then I'll set up the draft order on Monday so we can draft at the same time as the SSLs.

When will the draft be? If its is going to run over May 14 - 21st I will be out of town with no access to internet and it might be best to let someone fill my spot. If it's going to start soon and be done before then or start after the 21st I would love to be part of it. Let me know.

When will the draft be? If its is going to run over May 14 - 21st I will be out of town with no access to internet and it might be best to let someone fill my spot. If it's going to start soon and be done before then or start after the 21st I would love to be part of it. Let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe you can start drafting and find someone to cover for you while you're gone? we have a couple alternates around who might be willing to co-own a team or something.I'm going to set up the draft order today.

here's the draft order. I'll finalize the rules and set up a draft thread.

1 1 bundy1

1 2 Duke1948

1 3 Duckboy

1 4 Radballs

1 5 pretender

1 6 Red Herring

1 7 Rush

1 8 ConstruxBoy

1 9 Miggity

1 10 Aaron Rudnicki

1 11 Twilight

1 12 Valence

1 13 Maroney=Speed

1 14 Kirby

1 15 Fullback Fro

1 16 Iwannabeacowboybaby

2 1 Iwannabeacowboybaby

2 2 Fullback Fro

2 3 Kirby

2 4 Maroney=Speed

2 5 Valence

2 6 Twilight

2 7 Aaron Rudnicki

2 8 Miggity

2 9 ConstruxBoy

2 10 Rush

2 11 Red Herring

2 12 pretender

2 13 Radballs

2 14 Duckboy

2 15 Duke1948

2 16 bundy1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe you can start drafting and find someone to cover for you while you're gone? we have a couple alternates around who might be willing to co-own a team or something.I'm going to set up the draft order today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted one of the alternatives to see if they would be interested in co-owning my team with me and help with the drafting. I'll let you know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted one of the alternatives to see if they would be interested in co-owning my team with me and help with the drafting. I'll let you know.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, since we're doing this at MFL, predrafting will be an option for you. hopefully, we can be close to finished by the time you leave.

Sorry guys I have to bail my wifes due next week. ill be interested to see the results. I was hoping this would be happening at mbsl time.

Users who are viewing this thread