What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP keeper (1 Viewer)

PlayaHata

Footballguy
Tackle-heavy scoring dynasty league

We start 2DL/2LB/2DB plus 1 flex (usually a LB due to the tackle heavy scoring)

I can keep one of the following:

DL Aaron Kampman

LB Brandon Moore

LB Bart Scott

DB Brian Dawkings

The rest of my roster:

DL Terrell Suggs

DL Aaron Schobel

DL Matt Roth

LB Stephen Cooper

LB Channing Crowder

LB Karlos Dansby

LB Andra Davis

LB Carlos Emmons

LB D'Qwell Jackson

LB Freddie Keiaho

LB Caleb Miller

LB Mike Peterson

LB Odell Thurman

LB Stephen Tulloch

LB Gerris Wilkinson

LB DJ Williams

DB Walt Harris

DB Charles Tillman

DB Jason Allen

DB Nick Collins

DB Madieu Williams

I'm leaning towards Kampman at the moment even though DL is probably my strongest position. My reasoning is that DL is probably the hardest position to find and develop a "stud". I like Bart Scott in dynasty especially with Adalius Thomas leaving BAL, but I figure that at least 1-2 of the young LBs on my roster should be in position to put up good numbers in 2007-08 and the years to come.

Thoughts from the IDP experts?

Tackle-heavy scoring dynasty leagueWe start 2DL/2LB/2DB plus 1 flex (usually a LB due to the tackle heavy scoring)I can keep one of the following:DL Aaron KampmanLB Brandon MooreLB Bart ScottDB Brian DawkingsThe rest of my roster:DL Terrell SuggsDL Aaron SchobelDL Matt RothLB Stephen CooperLB Channing CrowderLB Karlos DansbyLB Andra DavisLB Carlos EmmonsLB D'Qwell JacksonLB Freddie KeiahoLB Caleb MillerLB Mike PetersonLB Odell ThurmanLB Stephen TullochLB Gerris WilkinsonLB DJ WilliamsDB Walt HarrisDB Charles TillmanDB Jason AllenDB Nick CollinsDB Madieu WilliamsI'm leaning towards Kampman at the moment even though DL is probably my strongest position. My reasoning is that DL is probably the hardest position to find and develop a "stud". I like Bart Scott in dynasty especially with Adalius Thomas leaving BAL, but I figure that at least 1-2 of the young LBs on my roster should be in position to put up good numbers in 2007-08 and the years to come.Thoughts from the IDP experts?
I'm a little confused. I'm going to assume that there's some cap or contract issue here.I like Kampman and Dawkins but given the flex option, I'd probably keep Scott. I understand the depth at LB, but he may well be your #1 LB. At the very least it gives you plenty of flexibility to move a LB or two because of their higher value for improvements at other positions. You've got a couple of stud linemen already, and you should (even in a deeper league) be able to find a third guy who good potential. That guy may be Roth, although the 3-4 is going to make it tough on him.If it's going to be difficult to deal your LB4 with LB1-2 talent for help somewhere else, then keep Kampman or Dawkins. Dawkins should be just as valuable in 2007; he's more of an upgrade to your starting lineup (over Madieu) than Kampman would be.

Jene Bramel said:
I'm a little confused. I'm going to assume that there's some cap or contract issue here.I like Kampman and Dawkins but given the flex option, I'd probably keep Scott. I understand the depth at LB, but he may well be your #1 LB. At the very least it gives you plenty of flexibility to move a LB or two because of their higher value for improvements at other positions. You've got a couple of stud linemen already, and you should (even in a deeper league) be able to find a third guy who good potential. That guy may be Roth, although the 3-4 is going to make it tough on him.If it's going to be difficult to deal your LB4 with LB1-2 talent for help somewhere else, then keep Kampman or Dawkins. Dawkins should be just as valuable in 2007; he's more of an upgrade to your starting lineup (over Madieu) than Kampman would be.
He has Kampman, Bart Scott and Dawkins as RFA's and can franchise one of them. I just offered him Will Smith for Kampman who has 2 years left on his contract. I can franchise Kampman as my only other RFA is Leonard Little.

Jene Bramel said:
He has Kampman, Bart Scott and Dawkins as RFA's and can franchise one of them. I just offered him Will Smith for Kampman who has 2 years left on his contract. I can franchise Kampman as my only other RFA is Leonard Little.
He's better off trying to resign Kampman as a RFA than trading him for Will Smith IMO :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread