What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ideal Draft Position?!? (1 Viewer)

Depends on which players you like and what kind of strategy you might want to attempt to employ this year. If you like upside down route, I think 6-8 is ideal. If you think getting Luck or Rodgers is a big advantage, you probably want 11-12. If you want to get a stud RB in the first, I think picks 1-4 would be where you want to fall. I think pick 1-2 allows you the best shots to grab 3 of the top 26ish players. There is a significant drop off after those guys so that might be best.

I think any spot is fine as there are good players that can fall to the 25-27 pick range. In 3RR however, if you have the 12th pick, you can the 13th pick and the 25th pick too. If you get a top 3 pick, sure you can pick AP but you could get hurt on your 3rd round pick because of the 3rd round being the 2nd round order again. Now you get the 34th pick.

You always want the first pick. Worst case- you hold it and draft your top player.

Best case, should you not only be smitten with one player, deal down some, and add additional commodities. There will always be interest in jumping to the top of the draft, no matter what.

As an example, if you are picking at 1.01 and are locked into an RB, you could go AP, Charles, Lacy, Lynch- slide down a few spots. Get an elite player and add assets.

You always want the first pick. Worst case- you hold it and draft your top player.

Best case, should you not only be smitten with one player, deal down some, and add additional commodities. There will always be interest in jumping to the top of the draft, no matter what.

As an example, if you are picking at 1.01 and are locked into an RB, you could go AP, Charles, Lacy, Lynch- slide down a few spots. Get an elite player and add assets.
This year more than other years, in ppr there isn't an elite player better than anyone else in the first round....you could argue any of the first 12 players taken end up being the top scorer this year.

bump, might try to delete my previous post

I've been thinking the 10 spot. 15 elite, non-QB players in my mind. This guarantees you 2 of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
However many players are in my top tier. Sometimes that is #1 (when LT/Faulk/Holmes could win leagues on their own) other times (like this year) I don't mind being further back in the pack.

Make a list of players you be happy with in the first round. Then a list for the second. Then for the third. And try to figure out which players will be drafted that you don't want in those rounds. And then figure out if there is a spot in the draft order you can get players you would be happy with in all three rounds. I did this in my 14-teamer, and figured 7 to 10 was fine. So of course the lottery gave me the 12th pick.

Users who are viewing this thread