What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"I started James Jones" support group (1 Viewer)

OK, so I'm back off the wagon guys with the news that Nicks is out this week, J. Jones is my play this week.

Misery loves company.

I don't see what the big deal is - he had two really good games this year - 1 stinker and 1 average game.

I'll take that all year.

What a difference a few weeks make! I won by 10.6 points against a 4-0 team, and Jimmy Jones puts up 20+ points. Gotta love it!

That one-handed catch fully extended was pretty beast. Not bad for a guy labeled drop-prone last year (whom actually only had one more drop than Nelson, I believe).

The best thing is, A-Rod is constantly looking for him, as he is generally matched up with a weak corner in single coverage. It's like fishing with dynamite.

Listening to a local radio station that has a weekly session with James Jones. A caller to the show says he is on his way to his mother’s funeral in Green Bay, radio goes silent, then the host says he sorry to hear that. The caller than goes on to tell a story of how a couple of years back his mother was in a large parking lot and couldn’t find her car. A “black man” comes up to her and ask if she needs help and she tells him she can’t find her car. Since he seemed nice his mother gave the man her car keys and the man then went thru the parking lot with the remote car lock to try and find her car. The man comes back with the car and she ask if he would take some money for his trouble. He said no, just glad he could help. She then asked if he was a Green Bay Packer player and he said yes, it was James Jones. The son said it was one of her favorite stories to tell. The host then ask James if he remembered this. Jones said yes, it was two years ago and he was in the parking lot and noticed a lady with a cane that looked confused. He said he ran all over the parking lot and the car was in an entirely different area than where she said it should be. He finally found it and drove it over to her. Of course listening to it live was much better than my rendition of it, but thought it was a good story about someone that didn’t need to take the time to help someone but did and it made a profound impact on the persons life.

Listening to a local radio station that has a weekly session with James Jones. A caller to the show says he is on his way to his mother’s funeral in Green Bay, radio goes silent, then the host says he sorry to hear that. The caller than goes on to tell a story of how a couple of years back his mother was in a large parking lot and couldn’t find her car. A “black man” comes up to her and ask if she needs help and she tells him she can’t find her car. Since he seemed nice his mother gave the man her car keys and the man then went thru the parking lot with the remote car lock to try and find her car. The man comes back with the car and she ask if he would take some money for his trouble. He said no, just glad he could help. She then asked if he was a Green Bay Packer player and he said yes, it was James Jones. The son said it was one of her favorite stories to tell. The host then ask James if he remembered this. Jones said yes, it was two years ago and he was in the parking lot and noticed a lady with a cane that looked confused. He said he ran all over the parking lot and the car was in an entirely different area than where she said it should be. He finally found it and drove it over to her. Of course listening to it live was much better than my rendition of it, but thought it was a good story about someone that didn’t need to take the time to help someone but did and it made a profound impact on the persons life.
great post.

great post.
That is a great story. Nice to hear stories like this.

There's a saying I've always liked.....goes something like this, "Character is about how you treat others when you think no one is watching."Thanks for sharing this story...I'll be rooting extra hard for James Jones from here on out

great post.
That is a great story. Nice to hear stories like this.
:thumbup:

Might as well get this train going again.No TD's last week - Jordy looking limited.............
If Jordy is out bump Jones way up. Even if Jordy plays, Jones has a growing role....Jennings getting surgery today just adds to that.In all honesty, with Jordy healthy Jones is more like option #3 in the passing game (behind Nelson and Cobb) but in this passing attack that isn't such a bad place to be and people who have him on their roster likely have him as a WR3 or WR4 which is golden.The good thing is, I don't think he has an actual drop this season yet and Rodgers' trust in him is growing which is key....and he has no problem looking toward him in the red zone.I like Jones as a 4-6 catch, 50-90 yard lock each week from here on out with the ocassional TD. Not bad for a WR4

Users who are viewing this thread