What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I know what's going on my Christmas wishlist (1 Viewer)

Bought one today on the sphero website...won't ship for two weeks but am surprising the kids with it on Xmas anyway.

So it's a remote controlled ball? Agree that it would get used for 15 minutes and then never touched again.

My coworker got up at 4 AM to go to the Disney store to get in line and buy it this morning.

He was 25th in line. But only 6th of people who were buying the BB-8.

So, doors open at 6AM, he goes to the display, picks one up, pays for it, takes it home... only to find it's a display box. No robot inside.

Calls the Disney store and they apologize, say the cashier must have forgotten to trade the display box for the real one from the back. They put one aside and he drives back to the store.

Gets there, and the manager has to apologize again. "The one we were holding for you was actually just the display box too. We sold out of the real ones."

I told him to try and sell the display box on Ebay and see if he can get his money back that way.
That was not the droid he was looking for.

offdee said:
So it's a remote controlled ball? Agree that it would get used for 15 minutes and then never touched again.
its also like a rhumba where it can just explore and remember where objects are. I'll rubber band a sponge behind it and it can clean my floor.Profit.

The actual toy doesn't look like it does in the video. WTF
Yeah...I read an article in Popular Science (or maybe Popular Mechanics...one of the Populars) about the guy who built the little Droid looking one out of an off-the-shelf Sphero. The picture in that blurb was just like the video. It's kind of misleading using that when that's not even the toy...

Users who are viewing this thread