What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I just 3peated in my "Empire" Dynasty League and get to retire from Commissioner duties (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
We had our startup in 2015 with Eight individual leagues of 12 teams that operate independently (on the same league site in MFL) and then the top 4 playoff teams from each of the 8 leagues compete in a 2-week points race in weeks 15-16. Based off FFPC/FBG tourney. 96 franchises. $60 per owner per season and half the dues went into escrow for the 2020 jackpot season (where we would then disband the league). 1st place in years 2015-2019 was good for $1000. Paid down to 12 places at $55, so pretty small change. 

The 2020 jackpot pool has $21,000 in it that has built up. The guy that set this league up burned out and quit back in 2017. I took over and have been commissioner ever since. I am a spreadsheet guru and am used to handling large projects so I didn't have to put a *ton* of work into getting the league set on the right course as we looked ahead to 2020. Dealing with all the personalities has been the most challenging part by far. 

Anyway, long story short, I took the title in 2018. Then defended it in 2019. And I just took the prize once again for the jackpot $5,000 here in 2020. Same team. I own four others in this league (different subleagues) and two others cashed this year. We paid down to 25 places at $300. But my same squad 3-peated. Out of 96. Insane. Not as crazy as dude that just won the FBG tourney back to back ($250k followed by $500k with a 0 in his RB2 spot this year in week 16 and two 0s from his kicker last year), but I am going to beat my chest a little and go take the $400 we set aside for the championship trophy and get that thing custom made for myself!

So glad to be done with this league. Others said they want to do it again, I said I would help set it up but I am not going to be commissioner again. We learned a lot and any 2nd version of this would be much more streamlined at this point, but for someone else to mess with. I'll set it up and play. I would do $100 entries and maybe a 4 or 5 year run instead of 6. 

Rodgers

Kamara, A Jones, Taylor, Robinson, Gaskin

Adams, Evans, Julio, McLaurin

Waller, Andrews, Higbee (I had him on my bench during his historic run last year and while I was winning my back to back)

*I took Luck like a schmuck with the 1.01 startup back in 2015, but Adams is the only player from that original draft, and I almost dropped him at one point like a lot of people did or almost did

In just 2017, I lamented at how this was the crappiest of all my dynasty teams. And it was. But some great picks and trades and waiver pickups turned the tide really quickly. But the one I would point out is where I traded Juju and Kittle for Kamara and Landry in April of this year. I really didn't love the deal and felt I overpaid. I did not want to include Juju at all. But it will be hard to find another trade I will ever make that will net me a bigger $ victory. This one is #1 for me until something else swings me >$5k. Five of the top 6 finishers this year had Kamara. Surprising no one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread