What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hope you sold Schaub high (1 Viewer)

jobarules

Footballguy
1. Owens Daniels out for the season, Schaub loses his #2 target and a great red zone threat

2. Improved HOU defense not requiring HOU to keep passing to stay in the game

3. Better running game due to Ryan Moats? This is still a question mark but if Moats runs as good as he did last week (especially near the goalline) HOU wont have to pass so much.

4. Less snaps for Slaton. As bad as hes been he is a great pass receiver and makes things happen in open space.

5. Their schedule the next 3 weeks... IND, BYE, TEN, IND two tough games and a bye

This is more of a hindsight is 20/20 post but I really think Schaub is gonna slip down the rankings over the rest of the season. If he still has stud QB value trade him while you can. JMO Im a Schaub owner and trying to see what I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when he puts up 300/3 tomorrow in his upset win over Indy, will you be changing your tune?
hope youre right brotha but i just dont see it. I think itll be a low scoring 24-20 type game with HOU looking to control the clock. IND has been good against the pass for a long time now due to the cover-2 def they play and the loss of Daniels really hurts.

So when he puts up 300/3 tomorrow in his upset win over Indy, will you be changing your tune?
hope youre right brotha but i just dont see it. I think itll be a low scoring 24-20 type game with HOU looking to control the clock. IND has been good against the pass for a long time now due to the cover-2 def they play and the loss of Daniels really hurts.
I think the loss of Sanders and Jackson trumps the loss of Daniels, but I guess it'll all come out in the wash.

1. Owens Daniels out for the season, Schaub loses his #2 target and a great red zone threat

2. Improved HOU defense not requiring HOU to keep passing to stay in the game

3. Better running game due to Ryan Moats? This is still a question mark but if Moats runs as good as he did last week (especially near the goalline) HOU wont have to pass so much.

4. Less snaps for Slaton. As bad as hes been he is a great pass receiver and makes things happen in open space.

5. Their schedule the next 3 weeks... IND, BYE, TEN, IND two tough games and a bye

This is more of a hindsight is 20/20 post but I really think Schaub is gonna slip down the rankings over the rest of the season. If he still has stud QB value trade him while you can. JMO Im a Schaub owner and trying to see what I can get.
1. Daniels makes Schaub? Here I had it the other way around...2. I like what I've seen from the defense but shutting down Shaun Hill for one half and Ryan Fitzpatrick hardly has me thinking that Houston's D is going to eliminate the need for Schaub to air it out.

3. Still up the air, but I think this is a valid point. Moats isn't going to do what he did to Buffalo but if Houston can get a halfway respectable running game going, Schaub isn't going to pass as much.

4. I doubt Slaton's receiving numbers are going to fall much, he's only had two big receiving games this year anyway.

5. The Colts games are the only tough games remaining on the Texans schedule! Titans, Jaguars, then Seahawks, Rams, and Dolphins in the playoffs!

I don't think Schaub finishes top 3 like he'd been doing but nobody would have given you that value in return anyway. Still top 5 upside with a cake playoff schedule. I hope there are some panicky Schaub owners in my leagues.

most of this would seem to apply to Peyton early in the year. lost gonzo, improved defense, impressive rookie adding zip to Running game. Boy has he fallen. can only hope Schaub falls as far

Absent he recent injuries I might agree. Improved/consistent running game really only helps in TDS and extending drives. But since 3 cover guys are out for year/extended length (including marlin jackson and sanders) I think these games could be in the 30's or 40's (for each side), with Indy maybe posting 50.

Hope you are right? Did you not follow your own advice (in creating this thread) and sell him high?

1. Owens Daniels out for the season, Schaub loses his #2 target and a great red zone threat2. Improved HOU defense not requiring HOU to keep passing to stay in the game3. Better running game due to Ryan Moats? This is still a question mark but if Moats runs as good as he did last week (especially near the goalline) HOU wont have to pass so much.4. Less snaps for Slaton. As bad as hes been he is a great pass receiver and makes things happen in open space.5. Their schedule the next 3 weeks... IND, BYE, TEN, IND two tough games and a byeThis is more of a hindsight is 20/20 post but I really think Schaub is gonna slip down the rankings over the rest of the season. If he still has stud QB value trade him while you can. JMO Im a Schaub owner and trying to see what I can get.
classic example of over thinking something...houston`s M.O is passing...that wont stop with moats running the ball...imo of course

1. Owens Daniels out for the season, Schaub loses his #2 target and a great red zone threat2. Improved HOU defense not requiring HOU to keep passing to stay in the game3. Better running game due to Ryan Moats? This is still a question mark but if Moats runs as good as he did last week (especially near the goalline) HOU wont have to pass so much.4. Less snaps for Slaton. As bad as hes been he is a great pass receiver and makes things happen in open space.5. Their schedule the next 3 weeks... IND, BYE, TEN, IND two tough games and a byeThis is more of a hindsight is 20/20 post but I really think Schaub is gonna slip down the rankings over the rest of the season. If he still has stud QB value trade him while you can. JMO Im a Schaub owner and trying to see what I can get.
very weak analysis...

I find this interesting. Daniels is out but Walter and a guy named Anderson (who has made some clutch catches across the middle this year and does a mean string dance LOL) should pick up the slack. And of course, Dressen. Kubiak has been trying to make Houston a running team all year but they are not. They have been utilizing the screen and short passes in the last two or three games to make space. Slaton will still be on the field for passing downs unless he upchucks the ball again. Kubiak (and Gibbs) are from the old Denver system. If Moats can make the one cut and pick up 3 or 4 yards, they will be happy. Someone pointed out and I think it was Bloom. Denver used to have a different 1000 yard back every year. They believed it was the system and both Kubiak and GIbbs were in that system. Houston will continue to throw and Schaub will continue to get his yards. However, the question depends on whether the OL can block Freeney and Mathis, which will be the question because HOU also plays IND after the bye. If they can keep those two at bay, IND's secondary has a number of injuries. Also, when did TEN's pass defense get so tough. Last time I check (I could be wrong) - they were like around the the 25th or 26th pass defense in the NFL. Ten and Hou do not like each other and the games get nasty (or chippy which seems to be the term this year on TV) but still IMO TEN's pass defense isn't necessary tough. JMO

Hope you are right? Did you not follow your own advice (in creating this thread) and sell him high?
did u read my whole post?

I warned people on Schaub before Daniels injury in a week 7 thread. I sold Schaub before last week's game. Sold with Manningham for Brees. I think I got a steal. Brees isn't slowing down a bit, and with Minnesota on thier tails for home field, I love the matchup in week 16 vs Tampa.I knew the Schaub thing was too good to be true. A lot of pissed off Schaub owners in here trying to talk themselves off the ledge. Schaub is still a nice QB to have, but falls from his perch. Already Aaron Rodgers has passed him as top overall FF points QB, Schaub is #2. The upcoming bye week will make Schaub tumble down to around #6. I think he finishes around #10 QB in FF. Due to the list of concerns already stated.Morale of the story: Sell High

I warned people on Schaub before Daniels injury in a week 7 thread. I sold Schaub before last week's game. Sold with Manningham for Brees. I think I got a steal. Brees isn't slowing down a bit, and with Minnesota on thier tails for home field, I love the matchup in week 16 vs Tampa.I knew the Schaub thing was too good to be true. A lot of pissed off Schaub owners in here trying to talk themselves off the ledge. Schaub is still a nice QB to have, but falls from his perch. Already Aaron Rodgers has passed him as top overall FF points QB, Schaub is #2. The upcoming bye week will make Schaub tumble down to around #6. I think he finishes around #10 QB in FF. Due to the list of concerns already stated.

Morale of the story: Sell High
I dont think hes too good to be true but alot of things people liked about him that contributed to his gaudy #s have changed (bad def, lack of running game, alot of weapons)

Stop Talking about Daniels, Slatons receptions, Kevin Walter?

The Texans have one of the Best WR's in the Game. Andre Johnson. Of course Shaub will still produce.

I warned people on Schaub before Daniels injury in a week 7 thread. I sold Schaub before last week's game. Sold with Manningham for Brees. I think I got a steal. Brees isn't slowing down a bit, and with Minnesota on thier tails for home field, I love the matchup in week 16 vs Tampa.I knew the Schaub thing was too good to be true. A lot of pissed off Schaub owners in here trying to talk themselves off the ledge. Schaub is still a nice QB to have, but falls from his perch. Already Aaron Rodgers has passed him as top overall FF points QB, Schaub is #2. The upcoming bye week will make Schaub tumble down to around #6. I think he finishes around #10 QB in FF. Due to the list of concerns already stated.Morale of the story: Sell High
Not many people play in leagues where you can get Brees for Schaub and a spare part. I own Schaub in a couple leagues and I'm about as big a supporter as they come, and I would take that in a heartbeat.

You're likely right about Schaub falling a bit after his bye week, but in my league he is still the #1 top overall scorer :thanks:You're deal getting Brees will be a short term fix... hope you have a QB comparable to Schaub during the FF playoffs when Brees is only playing 2 or 3 series/game.

[You're deal getting Brees will be a short term fix... hope you have a QB comparable to Schaub during the FF playoffs when Brees is only playing 2 or 3 series/game.

Your notion is hilarious. Why on earth would New Orleans bench Brees? They have Minnesota on their heels for HFA throughout the playoffs. Teams don't shut down prior to week 17 anymore. The lesson has been learned. You don't go into the playoffs cold. It's a recipe for first round upset.

I predict that Brees overtakes Manning for FF QB #1 this year. Schaub is going to finish #10.

Had I not made that deal of Schaub for Brees, I'd have narrowly lost my first game of the year. Now, I'm standing in at 8-0. I may just get my first loss this week with ADP on bye, but I can afford it. Thanks to Schaub for getting me where I am, but Brees will take me home. Pin this thread and laugh at me later if I'm wrong.

P.S. Weeks ago, I also was one of the only people saying the sky was falling on the Giants, and so many were still excited. Like I said, I turned the corner weeks ago. Giants going down the tubes. I don't think they even make the playoffs. Houston will, but they will go down early in the playoffs.

You're deal getting Brees will be a short term fix... hope you have a QB comparable to Schaub during the FF playoffs when Brees is only playing 2 or 3 series/game.Your notion is hilarious. Why on earth would New Orleans bench Brees? They have Minnesota on their heels for HFA throughout the playoffs. Teams don't shut down prior to week 17 anymore. The lesson has been learned. You don't go into the playoffs cold. It's a recipe for first round upset.I predict that Brees overtakes Manning for FF QB #1 this year. Schaub is going to finish #10.Had I not made that deal of Schaub for Brees, I'd have narrowly lost my first game of the year. Now, I'm standing in at 8-0. I may just get my first loss this week with ADP on bye, but I can afford it. Thanks to Schaub for getting me where I am, but Brees will take me home. Pin this thread and laugh at me later if I'm wrong.P.S. Weeks ago, I also was one of the only people saying the sky was falling on the Giants, and so many were still excited. Like I said, I turned the corner weeks ago. Giants going down the tubes. I don't think they even make the playoffs. Houston will, but they will go down early in the playoffs.
I could be wrong, but I don't get why my opinion would be "hilarious"? It's not like it's not a possibility that Brees would get pulled out of a game during FF playoffs early (2 or 3 offensive series are plenty of work to get in to stay warm)? :shrug: I'm just saying that Schaub playing an entire game is much better than the damage Brees would do playing 1 or 2 quarters. I'm not the type of person that would rub it in after the fact. Not my style.Good luck to you.

Schaub had a preseason ranking around QB10. If you're selling him high, that means you're trying to buy someone low. The top preseason QBs are all performing well so you're probably not swapping him for any of those guys (Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers). So who exactly are you trying to swap him for? Rivers? Romo? Warner? McNabb?

I agree that the trade was good for you and Brees figures to outperform Schaub, but suggesting Schaub is suddenly going to see a drastic dropoff in performance is absurd, and in particular prior to the Owen Daniels injury.And given that your comments were made last week, then it appears to me that you're implying that Schaub is a fluke. If so, then look again at the numbers I posted last week updated with last week's results:Ranks among all QBs over their past 16 FULL games (including playoffs, where applicable):Yards per game:1. Brees 303.22. P.Manning 293.13. SCHAUB 288.44. Brady 282.35. Rodgers 278.76. Cutler 277.6Passing TDs per game:1. Brees 2.372. Brady 2.063. P.Manning 2.004. Warner 1.885. Rodgers 1.886. SCHAUB 1.82Over 16 games, third in yards per game and sixth in TDs per game. That doesn't look like a fluke to me. The loss of the tight end hurts, but that was unpredictable going into last week. Week 8 at Buffalo, Weeks 9 and 12 vs. Indy are all tough passing matchups, but other than those, Schaub's schedule is favorable. There's a lot to like about Schaub and the remainder of his games are either in domes or in Florida.

1. Owen Daniels isn't a great red zone threat. He had 2 TDs last year and 3 the year before. Daniels' 9 red zone TDs in the past 3 years rank behind Clark, Gonzo, Gates, Heath Miller, Vernon Davis, Ben Watson, and Visanthe Shiancoe, and stand tied with Greg Olsen, Chris Cooley, Kellen Winslow, Kevin Boss, Donald Lee, and Tony Scheffler, meaning there are 13 other TEs with as many or more red zone scores as Daniels.2. Houston's defense is still bad. The total stats don't look bad because of schedule, but a lot of teams have had their best game of the season against Houston.3. A good running game will extend drives and give Schaub more chances to throw. It'll also mean more trips to the red zone and more TDs all around.4. True.5. Their schedule after that? Jags, Seahawks, Rams, Dolphins. Pretty solid stretch run/playoff matchups.This is coming from an owner who sold Schaub in Dynasty two weeks ago. It wasn't a matter of selling high, it was trading depth for starters.

You got taken. Guppy.Probably took AP with that #1 pick too? lol sucker.You should sell high on AP. Maybe you can package him with a decent WR and get MJD

lol...this is one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time. Ten has one of the worst pass Ds in the league, and Indy is missing three starters in their secondary...there are people who argue that these guys didn't play much...whatever, everyone who follows the NFL knows that when you lose multiple players in one area, no matter what, things begin going to seed real quick.Indy has had a great run of playing crappy teams: Jags, Dolphins, Cards, Hawks, Titans, Rams, Niners...congrats! The best team you have played can be described as medicore. All the rest are tripe. Also, I don;t know what league you play in, but in most leagues qbs have very little trade value. Why you ask? Because almost every player usually has onethat is at least halfway decent. I don't know if you have noticed, but even with Schaubs great season, he is only the sixth best qb. Who are ou going to trade him for? Donald Driver? lol If anything the person who will slip down the rankings is going to be Manning.

Schaub had a preseason ranking around QB10. If you're selling him high, that means you're trying to buy someone low. The top preseason QBs are all performing well so you're probably not swapping him for any of those guys (Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers). So who exactly are you trying to swap him for? Rivers? Romo? Warner? McNabb?
:coffee: sell high doesnt necessarily mean for another QB

1. Owen Daniels isn't a great red zone threat. He had 2 TDs last year and 3 the year before. Daniels' 9 red zone TDs in the past 3 years rank behind Clark, Gonzo, Gates, Heath Miller, Vernon Davis, Ben Watson, and Visanthe Shiancoe, and stand tied with Greg Olsen, Chris Cooley, Kellen Winslow, Kevin Boss, Donald Lee, and Tony Scheffler, meaning there are 13 other TEs with as many or more red zone scores as Daniels.
It's really a shame Daniels got hurt because he was putting together a breakout season. Not only is Daniels currently the #1 ranked TE, he's also the leader in RZ targets with 11. Unfortunately, there's not much else to say here, except that it remains to see how his chunk of RZ targets (27.5% of Matt Schaub's passes inside the 20) will be distributed. Look for Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter to pick up the slack.

lol...this is one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time. Ten has one of the worst pass Ds in the league, and Indy is missing three starters in their secondary...there are people who argue that these guys didn't play much...whatever, everyone who follows the NFL knows that when you lose multiple players in one area, no matter what, things begin going to seed real quick.Indy has had a great run of playing crappy teams: Jags, Dolphins, Cards, Hawks, Titans, Rams, Niners...congrats! The best team you have played can be described as medicore. All the rest are tripe. Also, I don;t know what league you play in, but in most leagues qbs have very little trade value. Why you ask? Because almost every player usually has onethat is at least halfway decent. I don't know if you have noticed, but even with Schaubs great season, he is only the sixth best qb. Who are ou going to trade him for? Donald Driver? lol If anything the person who will slip down the rankings is going to be Manning.
:coffee: Why do people get so insulted? If you dont agree thats fine but tone down the doucheness. Internet = serious business :bye:

Indy has had a great run of playing crappy teams: Jags, Dolphins, Cards, Hawks, Titans, Rams, Niners...congrats! The best team you have played can be described as medicore. All the rest are tripe.
You do realize Indy has been great on pass defense for years? Its the system. Losing Sanders affects the run def more. What does that mean? More running for HOU.

Stop Talking about Daniels, Slatons receptions, Kevin Walter?The Texans have one of the Best WR's in the Game. Andre Johnson. Of course Shaub will still produce.
Not saying he wont produce. I just think instead of being a top 3 QB like he has been all year he will finish around QB8-12. Still QB1 but if you can get top 3-5QB value for him I think it would be wise to do so.

:lmao: Why do people get so insulted? If you dont agree thats fine but tone down the doucheness. Internet = serious business :lmao:
Who is getting insulted? I am just stating that I think your theory is dumb. If Shauab gets shut down tomorrow you can bring this thread back and make me look like an idiot...my guess though is that you are the one who will be looking bad come tomorrow. My main beef is your sell high deal...if anyone is giving you great wr or rb value for Shaub, then they are idiots. I mean seriously...what do you think you can get for him? I know one dude said he got Brees, but I wpould argue that is not common.

Stop Talking about Daniels, Slatons receptions, Kevin Walter?The Texans have one of the Best WR's in the Game. Andre Johnson. Of course Shaub will still produce.
Not saying he wont produce. I just think instead of being a top 3 QB like he has been all year he will finish around QB8-12. Still QB1 but if you can get top 3-5QB value for him I think it would be wise to do so.
QB8-12? are you serious? enlighten me. Give me 11 other QB's who will not only outscore Schaub the rest of the year, but will also make up the difference to pass him.

1. Owen Daniels isn't a great red zone threat. He had 2 TDs last year and 3 the year before. Daniels' 9 red zone TDs in the past 3 years rank behind Clark, Gonzo, Gates, Heath Miller, Vernon Davis, Ben Watson, and Visanthe Shiancoe, and stand tied with Greg Olsen, Chris Cooley, Kellen Winslow, Kevin Boss, Donald Lee, and Tony Scheffler, meaning there are 13 other TEs with as many or more red zone scores as Daniels.
It's really a shame Daniels got hurt because he was putting together a breakout season. Not only is Daniels currently the #1 ranked TE, he's also the leader in RZ targets with 11. Unfortunately, there's not much else to say here, except that it remains to see how his chunk of RZ targets (27.5% of Matt Schaub's passes inside the 20) will be distributed. Look for Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter to pick up the slack.
1) you're talking about a tiny, tiny sample size (11 targets or 8 games). My sample size is also pretty small (31 targets or 40 games), but it's more robust than yours.2) According to the data dominator, Daniels only has 10 targets in the red zone.

3) 10 targets or 11 targets, it doesn't matter, Daniels isn't the leader among TEs. Greg Olsen has 12 targets. Also, Heath Miller, Tony Gonzalez, Brent Celek, Visanthe Shiancoe, Donald Lee, Desmond Clark, Vernon Davis, and Jeremy Shockey all have at least 7 targets, and most of them have played fewer games than Daniels (who hasn't had his bye yet).

4) If you're measuring by per-play results rather than total targets, Daniels still isn't one of the best red zone TEs in the league. 70% of his targets were catches, 50% of his targets net first downs, 40% net TDs, and he averages 3.8 net yards per target. Contrast that with, say, a Ben Watson- 83% catch, 50% FD, 50% TD, 9 yards per target. Or a Kellen Winslow- 100% catch, 100% FD, 75% TD, 7.5 ypt. Heath Miller- 89% catch, 56% FD, 44% TD, 6.6 ypt. A lot of average-to-good TEs are putting up comparable red zone numbers to Owen Daniels... and in the case where his numbers aren't setting him apart from his peers, it's time to look at a subjective view of his on field performance. Just watching him play, I've always viewed him as a much bigger threat between the 20s than inside the 20s. He's done well so far, but I trust the judgments I made over 3 years of owning and watching him over any judgments made over an 8-game and 10-target sample.

I'm as big of an Owen Daniels fan as you'll find. I can find you posts from the archive proving that I was an Owen Daniels fan long before being an Owen Daniels fan was cool. With that said, there's a big difference between thinking he's a great talent and thinking he excels at everything. I've never thought of him as a more than adequate red zone threat.

Who is getting insulted? I am just stating that I think your theory is dumb. If Shauab gets shut down tomorrow you can bring this thread back and make me look like an idiot...my guess though is that you are the one who will be looking bad come tomorrow.

My main beef is your sell high deal...if anyone is giving you great wr or rb value for Shaub, then they are idiots. I mean seriously...what do you think you can get for him? I know one dude said he got Brees, but I wpould argue that is not common.
I got VJax for Schaub and Garcon in dynasty before Daniels went down. With that said, I wasn't actively shopping Schaub because I think he's primed for a fall. I fully expect him to remain a top 5 fantasy QB for the rest of the year. I just saw an opportunity to get value and I jumped on it. I would have traded anyone on my roster, regardless of their prospects going forward, if I was offered the right deal.

Cupcake schedule. One of the best late stretches in football. I bought Schaub and Holmes for Brown and Breaston and couldn't be happier.

I agree that the trade was good for you and Brees figures to outperform Schaub, but suggesting Schaub is suddenly going to see a drastic dropoff in performance is absurd, and in particular prior to the Owen Daniels injury.And given that your comments were made last week, then it appears to me that you're implying that Schaub is a fluke. If so, then look again at the numbers I posted last week updated with last week's results:Ranks among all QBs over their past 16 FULL games (including playoffs, where applicable):Yards per game:1. Brees 303.22. P.Manning 293.13. SCHAUB 288.44. Brady 282.35. Rodgers 278.76. Cutler 277.6Passing TDs per game:1. Brees 2.372. Brady 2.063. P.Manning 2.004. Warner 1.885. Rodgers 1.886. SCHAUB 1.82Over 16 games, third in yards per game and sixth in TDs per game. That doesn't look like a fluke to me. The loss of the tight end hurts, but that was unpredictable going into last week. Week 8 at Buffalo, Weeks 9 and 12 vs. Indy are all tough passing matchups, but other than those, Schaub's schedule is favorable. There's a lot to like about Schaub and the remainder of his games are either in domes or in Florida.
I didn't say Schaub is a fluke, I think very highly of him. I was ecstatic going into the season with him and had no backup plans. He has a great WR, a decent and underrated WR2, and had until recently highly underrated athletic catching TE, as well as a shifty top-tier RB that catches passes well also. The recipe for success and upside were always there.Maybe it doesn't make any sense, but I will try to compare Schaub's season with the stock market. When you see an up and coming company that is just approaching stock levels and volumes of major competitors, it's time to cash out, and off to safer investments. That's the best way to describe my reasons to sell Schaub.I still very much like Schaub, and would trade back if the price were right. I of course could not have forecast Daniels injury. This does though hurt Schaub's value going forward.I appreciate the discussion, and now that Schaub is in my past, I don't need to say "I told you so". Good luck with Schaub, he's a good QB in the real world. I hope one day he is recognized as the top QB that he is.

[i got VJax for Schaub and Garcon in dynasty before Daniels went down. With that said, I wasn't actively shopping Schaub because I think he's primed for a fall. I fully expect him to remain a top 5 fantasy QB for the rest of the year. I just saw an opportunity to get value and I jumped on it. I would have traded anyone on my roster, regardless of their prospects going forward, if I was offered the right deal.
I agree with this line of thinking. If you have a guy that you correctly peg as outperforming his ADP, and get some sweet offer that nets you an underperforming stud, you jump on it. Rosters aren't set in stone. Anyone can be had if the price is right.SSOG got VJAX for his "stud QB" and waiver wire type WR. He correctly took the value of a true WR#1 over an overvalued QB. VJAX is a top 8 WR this year. He will continue to be good, and in dynasty, well that is one sweet trade.

You got taken. Guppy.Probably took AP with that #1 pick too? lol sucker.You should sell high on AP. Maybe you can package him with a decent WR and get MJD
You don't have to get crass because I'm good. I don't apolgize for it. As a matter of fact, I traded for ADP in the preseason. I only have 4 of my original 18 drafted players. This is way to stay undefeated.guppy? lmao

I could be wrong, but I don't get why my opinion would be "hilarious"? It's not like it's not a possibility that Brees would get pulled out of a game during FF playoffs early (2 or 3 offensive series are plenty of work to get in to stay warm)? :unsure: I'm just saying that Schaub playing an entire game is much better than the damage Brees would do playing 1 or 2 quarters. I'm not the type of person that would rub it in after the fact. Not my style.Good luck to you.
I didn't rub in anything after the fact. I couldn't foresee Daniels injury. At the time, I was concerned about AJ's chest injury. If AJ were to go down now, you would see Schaub's value tank.I still like Schaub, and would feel comfortable with him as my QB, just the only thing I disagree with you on, is Brees value during the playoffs. Peace, and good luck to you too.

i wouldn't trade schaub for andre johnson let alone vincent jackson.

matt schaub is the no. 2 qb in my league. i think he will falter, but not that badly that i would trade him for vincent jackson, the no. 10 wr.

schaub - 102 points

jackson - 47 points

FWIW...the Texans put up 27 points in each of their games vs the Colts last year.

Week 05 - 27-31 - Loss at home

Week 11 - 27-33 - Loss at Indy

jobarules said:
I dont think hes too good to be true but alot of things people liked about him that contributed to his gaudy #s have changed (bad def, lack of running game, alot of weapons)
Which one of these are you saying has changed?

Raiderfan32904 said:
two_dollars said:
You don't have to get crass because I'm good. I don't apolgize for it. As a matter of fact, I traded for ADP in the preseason. I only have 4 of my original 18 drafted players. This is way to stay undefeated.guppy? lmao
Sorry I play with sharks, you'd be lucky to break .500 in my league. You're probably playing free espn leagues.

Jobarules, you never answered PatsFanCT's question.If he has 300/3 against Indy today, where do you stand then? Still think he's going to drop to QB8-QB12?

Raiderfan32904 said:
two_dollars said:
Sorry I play with sharks, you'd be lucky to break .500 in my league. You're probably playing free espn leagues.
Sorry Sharkman, you do not know who you are talking to.Last time I waste my keystrokes on you

I don't know...at this point in the season, I think it is dumb to give a stud qb to another team.

I can see how Vincent Jackson is a good return for MS, but I would only do that if I had no recievers. One of the biggest ways people win games in FF is by out scoring the other teams qb. Usually if your qb puts up a 6 - 10 point game, you are going to lose, whie if our qb is in the 20 - 25 range you will win.

You can only play one each week, so it can really swing it one way. With rbs and wrs, you have two (or even three) chances each week for a player to blow up. TEs, Ds and Ks are so random that you can't even make the same comparison...qbs though...it is good to keep any good ones to yourse$f.

Raiderfan32904 said:
two_dollars said:
You know this post only causes people to laugh at you right?

:coffee: According to NFL Network's Steve Wyche, the Texans plan to make heavy use of four-receiver sets Sunday at Indianapolis.

The plan is to compensate for Owen Daniels' loss by capitalizing on the Colts' lack of secondary depth. Indianapolis lost nickel back Marlin Jackson and strong safety Bob Sanders for the season, while top cornerback Kelvin Hayden in in danger of missing a month. Wyche suggests that Jacoby Jones could be "the featured receiver" opposite Andre Johnson Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread