What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I don't Geography good anymore, "Sad Face." (1 Viewer)

What the hell has happened to me? :bag:   I own lots of globes and maps, and for some reason couldn't find the PRNK or some other group of letters representing North Korea. :(

Please forgive me, :banned:  
Maybe you should have looked for DPRK. You know, since that's what they're called. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hint: it's just above South Korea

That link of where people picked is so sad. Unbelievable that so many adults are that ignorant. If you are off but within 500-1000 miles then I guess it can be overlooked as a simple mix up or mistake, but pointing to Australia? Or the middle of the damn ocean? Makes the people that pointed to India look like nobel prize winners.

13 people combined chose either Australia or the Ocean. 1 or 2 at least probably have a college degree in that bunch. Think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell has happened to me? :bag:   I own lots of globes and maps, and for some reason couldn't find the PRNK or some other group of letters representing North Korea. :(

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/14/upshot/if-americans-can-find-north-korea-on-a-map-theyre-more-likely-to-prefer-diplomacy.html?mc=aud_dev&mcid=fb-nytimes&mccr=JuneMC48&mcdt=2017-06&subid=JuneMC48&ad-keywords=AudDevGate

Geniunely curious: just how many globes do you own?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/14/upshot/if-americans-can-find-north-korea-on-a-map-theyre-more-likely-to-prefer-diplomacy.html?mc=aud_dev&mcid=fb-nytimes&mccr=JuneMC48&mcdt=2017-06&subid=JuneMC48&ad-keywords=AudDevGate

Pro tip: Aim for the G-spot.

They (people who could find north Korea) also viewed direct military engagement – in particular, sending ground troops – much less favorably than those who failed to locate North Korea.

The largest difference between the groups was the simplest: Those who could find North Korea were much more likely to disagree with the proposition that the United States should do nothing about North Korea.

Go figure. 

Did people really select in the middle of China or the ocean or was this a map on a dart board in a bar? 

It's pretty easy, just look east of the yellow sea.

-OZ- said:
They (people who could find north Korea) also viewed direct military engagement – in particular, sending ground troops – much less favorably than those who failed to locate North Korea.

The largest difference between the groups was the simplest: Those who could find North Korea were much more likely to disagree with the proposition that the United States should do nothing about North Korea.

Go figure. 
So, "educated people"?

Just look at a nighttime map of Asia.  It's the dark area.
You're not kidding.

I use a nighttime map of the world as my computer background, showing all the city lights. Coworker noticed it Friday and we spent a few minutes going over it in detail. Some real interesting features, like how the Nile River looks like someone traced it with a light pen.

One of the spots we were talking about is how bright South Korea is and how almost completely dark North Korea is.

https://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/55000/55167/earth_lights_lrg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread