What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I can throw a Ritz cracker 150 yds. (2 Viewers)

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly. That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close. My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone).

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw. Double or nothing for longest throw. A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort. Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.
I couldn't do it, but this one I believe.

:lmao: at this thread.

I repeat - flour tortilla, 150 feet.  Takes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy.  It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.
Can I toast the tortilla, or at least heat it up in a frying pan for a few seconds?
How about wetting down the tortilla?Are talking large fajita tortilla or the smaller soft taco tortilla?

I repeat - flour tortilla, 150 feet.  Takes a little more skill than the cracker because it's floppy.  It's more about spin and release angle than brute strength because if you whip it too hard the tortilla will tear.
Can I toast the tortilla, or at least heat it up in a frying pan for a few seconds?
How about wetting down the tortilla?Are talking large fajita tortilla or the smaller soft taco tortilla?
Dude.....it's already been stated that you can't manipulate the food.... :rolleyes:

That's cool, wish they talked about distance. Doesn't this product make all you naysayers think "Hmm...maybe Ritz crackers DO have some kind of magical flying ability, Nigel just might be on to something..."

I was talking about the smaller soft taco kind, but if you could fling a burrito sized tortilla 150 feet that would really be something.What benefit would you get by wetting it down? I'm inclined to let you do it, because I don't see the advantage. Seems like it would make it slippery and hard to grip.

175 feet, max.

I played Ultimate in college and I can huck a disc about 110-120 yards without aid of wind. I think a frisbee golf disc can probably go about 30-50 yards further depending on skill. NO way a Ritz is going from behind one endzone on a football field past the other end....no way.
:goodposting:

The student section at ASU football games used to launch soft taco shells for whatever reason (nickname for the defense, good hit, etc :confused: ; I never have gotten the story on it). Launched from the stands, they'd usually land between the hash marks and the sideline, so what's that, 20-30 yards? :unsure:Down in tucson, they throw 'em during graduation. Moreso up, than out, so distance isn't really a factor. I still find it amazing...that they're graduating down there at ua, that is. :devil:

That's cool, wish they talked about distance. Doesn't this product make all you naysayers think "Hmm...maybe Ritz crackers DO have some kind of magical flying ability, Nigel just might be on to something..."
Aren't you the guy who takes his dog to White Rock? I'll take you up on that in person.

Here's a bar bet:The bet is $20, that you must have carnal knowledge...of a woman this time...on the premesis...

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly.  That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close.  My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone). 

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw.  Double or nothing for longest throw.  A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort.  Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.
Is this where we post ludicrous claims?I can throw an infant 5000 feet.

Just short of a mile.. I know, but I'm working on it.
I will be more than happy to bet anyone that I can still accomplish both feats. We will need someone from a reputable auditing firm to witness the event(s). While we are at it, I wager that I can flip a 620 pound tractor tire end over end 30 yards in 60 seconds or less. I will have proof of this feat when I compete in the next Nebraska Amateur Strongman contest on August 13th. Results will be posted on their website usually in early September.

Takers?
IMO, if you can get that bad boy over at all I doubt to many here would want to mess with you.

I can drink also a pint of Guinness in 3 seconds :banned: , 2 (two separate glasses, one after the other) in 10. :banned: :banned:
What you should do is bet someone $10 that you can drink 3 pints of Guinness before he can do 3 shots. Make the rule that he can't touch your glasses and that you can't touch his. Down your first pint, turn it upside-down, and set it over his last shot. He can't touch your glass so he won't be able to finish the last shot.

No, not the length of 1 and a 1/2 football fields. :penalty:

My bet winning skills come down to races.-I can run a sub 4.5 forty -I can run a sub 11.2sec 100m-Or the allways good, 10 bucks to the person who can run around the block the fastest, or similar bets.*Ive made around 100 bucks on the 40 time bet. I am a skinny white guy, so people think ive got no chance, but then i clock in at 4.43 and they hand over the cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?
I came into this thread just looking to see how long this one would take - a lot longer than I imagined.

I can drive a golf cart and let it crash down into the creek bed or river bottom without getting hurt. The key is to roll out of it at the last second as to avoid injury.

Please explain to me how these travel. Do they have "lift" to them? Do you throw them parallel to the ground, or at an upward angle?

I call :bs: on this. I can throw a golf disc -- aeronomically designed for long-distance flight -- about 400 feet on a flat surface with negligible wind. I've met people who can throw quite a bit further than that...but not many.

A Ritz cracker does not have the flight characteristics to fly 450 feet on a flat surface unless it's been taped to the inside of a golf disc or other flight-friendly object.

But a single unmodified Ritz cracker? Unaided by topography or wind? I challenge you, sir, to duplicate this feat in my presence. I'll begin the challenge with a friendly $20 wager, giving 2-1 odds. And I'll give you three throws.
African or European Ritz?
Of course African Ritz are not migratory.

I won $100 two years ago by betting that I could throw a Mens Slowpitch Softball 110 yards on the fly. That doesn't sound very far, but no one else came close. My winning throw was approx 119 yards (I threw from the back end of one end zone and it landed a few inches short of the back end of the opposite endzone).

I also won the follow up bet on a football throw. Double or nothing for longest throw. A meager 62 yards, but it was the winning effort. Come to think of it, the original bet was $50 and the grand total after the double or nothing was $100.
Is this where we post ludicrous claims?I can throw an infant 5000 feet.

Just short of a mile.. I know, but I'm working on it.
...While we are at it, I wager that I can flip a 620 pound tractor tire end over end 30 yards in 60 seconds or less. I...
Wouldn't it just be easier to roll it? Work smarter; not harder. :mellow:

Has anybody tried flinging a ritz cracker yet? I'm intrigued and will pick up a box in a few minutes on my way back from stalking this girl I've been digging for about a week. I'll try it in a school field that I hit golfballs in and will report back.

Has anybody tried flinging a ritz cracker yet? I'm intrigued and will pick up a box in a few minutes on my way back from stalking this girl I've been digging for about a week.

I'll try it in a school field that I hit golfballs in and will report back.
I just tried it. It flew about 100 hundred feet, then a grackle grabbed it and took it about another 500 or so. :hot:

Has anybody tried flinging a ritz cracker yet?  I'm intrigued and will pick up a box in a few minutes on my way back from stalking this girl I've been digging for about a week. 

I'll try it in a school field that I hit golfballs in and will report back.
I just tried it. It flew about 100 hundred feet, then a grackle grabbed it and took it about another 500 or so. :hot:
:rant: Effin' grackles.

I tried an oreo cookie at lunch hoping for the bi-plane effect. I only got about 40 feet, but realized it was wasteful and ate the rest of the bag.

Y'all ever heard of Titanic Thompson, the legendary hustler?Ti used to bet people he could throw "this here walnut" ridiculously far, over that building, etc. Well, he had hollowed them out and filled them with lead, so he made a fair amount of money carrying lead-filled walnuts around.Now Ti was also a golfer, and one fine winter morning he was boasting he could drive a golf ball 400 yards. Well this folks called BS on Ti and took the bet. So Ti drove them to the edge of a cliff and drove that ball 400 yards easily.Now Ti was also a fair man, and so he offered the guys a chance to get their money back. Ti promised to repeat the feat on level ground. The guys called BS on Ti and took the bet again. So Ti drove them to the frozen lake and drove that ball 400 yards again. Legend has it the ball was still rolling after Ti had been paid.

I'm going on record saying that I believe Nigel. Of course, I also believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and MoleMen that live in the sewers. :tinfoilhat:

Y'all ever heard of Titanic Thompson, the legendary hustler?

Ti used to bet people he could throw "this here walnut" ridiculously far, over that building, etc.  Well, he had hollowed them out and filled them with lead, so he made a fair amount of money carrying lead-filled walnuts around.

Now Ti was also a golfer, and one fine winter morning he was boasting he could drive a golf ball 400 yards.  Well this folks called BS on Ti and took the bet.  So Ti drove them to the edge of a cliff and drove that ball 400 yards easily.

Now Ti was also a fair man, and so he offered the guys a chance to get their money back.  Ti promised to repeat the feat on level ground.  The guys called BS on Ti and took the bet again.  So Ti drove them to the frozen lake and drove that ball 400 yards again.  Legend has it the ball was still rolling after Ti had been paid.
I highly doubt the Ritz are filled with lead.

I can suck a string up my nose and pull it out of my mouth! One time (at band camp) I sucked about 10 feet of string up there and it never came out of my mouth :confused: I'm not sure where it was going but it got hung up in there somewhere...You're right, I got nothin! :shrug:

Y'all ever heard of Titanic Thompson, the legendary hustler?

Ti used to bet people he could throw "this here walnut" ridiculously far, over that building, etc.  Well, he had hollowed them out and filled them with lead, so he made a fair amount of money carrying lead-filled walnuts around.

Now Ti was also a golfer, and one fine winter morning he was boasting he could drive a golf ball 400 yards.  Well this folks called BS on Ti and took the bet.  So Ti drove them to the edge of a cliff and drove that ball 400 yards easily.

Now Ti was also a fair man, and so he offered the guys a chance to get their money back.  Ti promised to repeat the feat on level ground.  The guys called BS on Ti and took the bet again.  So Ti drove them to the frozen lake and drove that ball 400 yards again.  Legend has it the ball was still rolling after Ti had been paid.
I highly doubt the Ritz are filled with lead.
But there are frozen lakes to be had this time of year.

Standing flat footed, I can kick the top of a standard door frame.
I used to do this in college, never won any money off of it. I'm 6'0, and I would hit the underside of the top of the frame. Not sure if you are talking about kicking the upper part of the top of the door frame or not. 10 years later, I may be able to kick the doorknob.My beliefs:

Ritz: No way (and I'm not going to try it as nigel obviously works for Ritz and is trying to make a quota)

Softball: Yep

Flipping tires: Probably so (really impressive), have no idea about the time estimate though

Pool rack: Yes, I've seen this done

Beer drinking: I will put no alcohol involved feat past you people

Infant throwing: I've never gotten one past 12 feet

grungy nerf football laying around in shed and a sleeve of Ritz crackers thrown across/over/toward(?) lake champlain. Crackers get hit by wind and become seagull food real quick. They do not go far at all. Grungy nerf football went "forever". It was damp and a good throw. Sorry can't believe you can throw a ritz cracker 150 yards. Seagulls appreciate the effort though.

"I can throw a Ritz cracker 150 yds." -- © 2005, Magnifithent Bathtard Producthuns.

Just back from lunch and very disappointed that nobody is back to report on the incredible flying powers of Ritz crackers. Where's Hippo?

Users who are viewing this thread