What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Jake Locker over who? (1 Viewer)

I think Daisy is gonna yell at me if I correct her grammar again. :)
Of course not. It is actually kind of embarrassing that my grammar is that bad and always has been when you are a teacher, on the plus side I teach math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't threads like these usually make the guy discussed crash and burn?
Yes seems to have about an 85% chance to jinx the guy it's about from what I've noticed. Maybe it's selective memory but I don't remember one these turning out in favor of who ever it was about.

I was probably going to start him over Brady but now I'm really struggling with it.

Of course not. It is actually kind of embarrassing that my grammar is that bad and always has been when you are a teacher, on the plus side I teach math.
:rimshot:

I traded for Jake in my superflex league in 2012, so I'm optimistic for the sake of my ego, but I'm nowhere near as confident as most people in the thread. I like the guy a lot and I am starting him this week, but if I had Foles or Stafford, I would happily trot them out.

Don't threads like these usually make the guy discussed crash and burn?
Yes seems to have about an 85% chance to jinx the guy it's about from what I've noticed. Maybe it's selective memory but I don't remember one these turning out in favor of who ever it was about.

I was probably going to start him over Brady but now I'm really struggling with it.
It's selective memory, combined with the crapshoot nature of fantasy. Even the very best guys in the business are wrong on 40% of their calls in terms of start/sit decisions.

Over Stafford.
Now that someone has said it, I will give mine away and it is this. You have guts man, I am not sure if I can pull that trigger.
I've got him in over Stafford, too.
Carolina is nasty on defense.
Yes, but their corners are their weak link. I expect Calvin to have a huge game, Tate should do well too. I'd bench Bell and Bush before I'd bench Stafford. FWIW, I'm rolling with Stafford over Tannehill (although perhaps I need to reassess)

Romo/Cutler in one - Gotta see some progress from Romo before I feel comfortable, and two banged up WRs for Cutler don't give me confidence

Cam/Rivers in another - Want to see Cam play a game or two and Rivers has a poor matchup

This thread makes me feel better about my decision.

Over RG3 ok, over prove guys like Brady is something else... can anyone even name a DB for the vikes Not named Smith

Do you teach little kids? Start them off with simple stuff, like adding up Trent Richardson's yardage on each carry.
adding negative numbers might be above their level.

Raider Nation said:
msudaisy26 said:
Do you teach little kids? Start them off with simple stuff, like adding up Trent Richardson's yardage on each carry.
Yes I do, but they can all count past 10

I might change my previous vote of Locker over Brady in two leagues, and take the wimpy way out, hedge my bets, start Locker in one (the one with Gronk) and Brady in the other.

I find this to be an interesting thread--because there is a decent possibility that Lockers production will be directly correlated to Romo's production. If you look back at week 1--Cap did not need to have a big week against the Cowboys for the 49ers to win big--because Romo's mistakes basically decided the outcome of the game by the first half. For Locker to have really great numbers--you are almost needing Romo to have a pretty good game--so that the game is high scoring and close. I read that a lot of people are sitting Romo for Locker--and I find that rather interesting--because if you don't think Romo will have a good game--there is a very good chance that Locker doesn't have one.

I find this to be an interesting thread--because there is a decent possibility that Lockers production will be directly correlated to Romo's production. If you look back at week 1--Cap did not need to have a big week against the Cowboys for the 49ers to win big--because Romo's mistakes basically decided the outcome of the game by the first half. For Locker to have really great numbers--you are almost needing Romo to have a pretty good game--so that the game is high scoring and close. I read that a lot of people are sitting Romo for Locker--and I find that rather interesting--because if you don't think Romo will have a good game--there is a very good chance that Locker doesn't have one.
200 yards and 2 TDs, no turnovers. Solid start from CK last week.

Sure--thats a decent fantasy week--but is that the dream stat line that would make me want to sit Stafford, Foles or another elite qb for Locker? If Romo has another bad week-- 200-250yds with 2 td's is probably the expectation for Locker. If Romo has a solid week--then Locker's numbers would probably go up from there. Basically speaking--if somebody is playing Locker expecting insanely big numbers--they are in essence making an invisible side bet that Romo also has a solid game.

I'm predicting a shoot out. 70 combined points tomorrow IMO

I'm predicting a shoot out. 70 combined points tomorrow IMO
If you are predicting a shootout--then this would definitely be bullish for Lockers outlook tomorrow. As of this moment--footballlocks has the over/under at 49.5 with tenn as a three point favorite. This would put their projected score somewhere in the 26-23 range--which does seem a bit low for this game.

Sure--thats a decent fantasy week--but is that the dream stat line that would make me want to sit Stafford, Foles or another elite qb for Locker? If Romo has another bad week-- 200-250yds with 2 td's is probably the expectation for Locker. If Romo has a solid week--then Locker's numbers would probably go up from there. Basically speaking--if somebody is playing Locker expecting insanely big numbers--they are in essence making an invisible side bet that Romo also has a solid game.
I was mostly addressing the Romo vs Locker part. Locker can have a good game even if Romo bombs again. Those benching Stafford for Locker are likely doing not just because Dallas is so bad, but because the Panthers D is so good.

I am still on the fence about Locker over Stafford. Right now I have Stafford still in. I do have Locker in over Cam right now in my 2qb league

Anyone think Locker may be the new Stafford? Their stories are pretty similar. High 1st round draft picks, both injury plagued their first couple of years in the league, but they showed flashes when they did play and were healthy.

Wow guys starting him over Stafford or Brady are either crazy, have mad stones, or both.

I tried to get him on waivers but would still start RG3 over him. Just need to see a bit more from him.

Dude in my league is starting him over Ben and Romo which seems reasonable.

But stafford? Just seems like more wanting to look smart/ballsy than anything else. Just seems like an unnecessary risk.

Good luck to you guys though. :)
I'm not really doing it to impress my leaguemates or seem clever. The only way I've found to seem clever in the long run is to win a lot of games. This week, I think Locker gives me the better chance to do that. It's a hard decision, but I think it's the right one given what we know. I could be wrong- it's certainly something that happens with depressing regularity. But if I were afraid of looking foolish, I'd have had a much less interesting fantasy career to this point. :)

I'll agree that I'm probably crazy, though. I was just telling someone earlier that I think FBGs brought me on because they decided they needed a bit more crazy. They already had Sigmund and Waldman, but that's a different kind of crazy- that's more of a slow simmering crazy that bubbles up over time and kind of sneaks up on you. Sometimes to cut through all the noise you just need a full-on, manic, hair-on-fire kind of crazy. Something to wake the neighbors and let them know there's fantasy football to be played. That's me. Hair-on-fire, neighbor-waking crazy.
It's the right move IMO. Locker is a different player this year and gets to feast on a wreck of a defense. Listen, SF looked better than they are last week (coming from a Niners fan). There's no sure thing, but Locker really has the gimme matchup working in his favor. It's not just the cowboys defense... Romo looks so out of sorts that it could really continue to demoralize the team in whole.

Bailed on him. I ended up trading for Brady who I'm starting over Locker now.

Really regretting not securing one of he big 3 or Stafford/Luck/Ryan in this one league as I did everywhere else I'm not cut out for this QB streaming stuff. :lol:

I've never been a Locker fan.

Bailed on him. I ended up trading for Brady who I'm starting over Locker now.

Really regretting not securing one of he big 3 or Stafford/Luck/Ryan in this one league as I did everywhere else I'm not cut out for this QB streaming stuff. :lol:

I've never been a Locker fan.
I'm not sure what you gave up, but bailing on Locker now isn't a good move IMO.

Good thread with a lot of interesting thoughts.

I've been thinking of streaming him for the last few days myself over Brady and Romo. The other problem I have with Romo is Dez is my guy, so if Romo sucks then Dez sucks too. That's having two guys suck in my lineup and an automatic uphill climb. I really don't want that to happen two weeks in a row and start 0-2. And if Romo has a good game on my bench that probably means Dez has a good game so it will still help. At the same time I don't want to panic but since both my guys looked brutal combined with Locker's tasty matchup, it's hard not to give it a shot. Thanks for all the input in here. I'm still on the fence but have my Locker pickup page open in another tab...

msudaisy26 said:
I am still on the fence about Locker over Stafford. Right now I have Stafford still in. I do have Locker in over Cam right now in my 2qb league
Is stafford playing Seattle? BC that's the only time I would sit him for locker. Don't get cute.

Ps I have since flip flopped and put Brady back into my lineup over locker. No way Brady has 2 bad games in a row. Minny d is decent but their line isn't nearly as talented as miami's. I think Brady bounces back in a big way today.

Still confidently have locker in over rg3 in my other league though.

Users who are viewing this thread