What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I-95 crash, Norwalk, CT overpass getting torn down (1 Viewer)

Man, a similar thing happened near Phila last year. At least that's just the overpass. In the phila case, the entire interstate collapsed on one side.

That bit of I-95 will be closed until at least Monday. Luckily, it wasn't the Exit 15 bridge, but the one just south of it between Exits 14 and 15. They'll be able to reroute getting off Exit 14 and back on Exit 15. Had it been the Exit 15 bridge(s), we'd probably be looking at weeks/months of repair and a much more difficult reroute for truckers.

That bit of I-95 will be closed until at least Monday. Luckily, it wasn't the Exit 15 bridge, but the one just south of it between Exits 14 and 15. They'll be able to reroute getting off Exit 14 and back on Exit 15. Had it been the Exit 15 bridge(s), we'd probably be looking at weeks/months of repair and a much more difficult reroute for truckers.
I've done that drive a thousand times, and I've done 95 or 15 (I'm getting to MA thru Hartford), and, I am sure you know, 15 is not a road conducive to heavy traffic. No effing way I would take 15 till 95 is fully open again. I'd rather take 684 to 84.

I was supposed to go up this weekend, I'll wait.

Given this is 2x in less than a year, I wonder if you'll start to see new regs around bridges like this, and the fact that I think we often over-react as a country. I could see them installing some sort of automatic fire suppression system under highway bridges at some point. I'm not saying it'll put the fire OUT, but a heat activated high-volume sprinkler type system would at least buy time for the appropriate fire department response.

Given this is 2x in less than a year, I wonder if you'll start to see new regs around bridges like this, and the fact that I think we often over-react as a country. I could see them installing some sort of automatic fire suppression system under highway bridges at some point. I'm not saying it'll put the fire OUT, but a heat activated high-volume sprinkler type system would at least buy time for the appropriate fire department response.
I don't know how weather resistant it is but the foam they spray on steel building girders to make them fire retardant might be a possibility

I've done that drive a thousand times, and I've done 95 or 15 (I'm getting to MA thru Hartford), and, I am sure you know, 15 is not a road conducive to heavy traffic. No effing way I would take 15 till 95 is fully open again. I'd rather take 684 to 84.

I was supposed to go up this weekend, I'll wait.
Yeah, the Merritt (route 15) never expands to 3 lanes on each side and it's narrow. The only good news for passenger cars on the Merritt is that trucks aren't allowed there.

My kid said the Merritt and the back roads in the area were a nightmare last night around 5:30pm.

Should send the bill to the idiot reckless driver who caused the crash. Regular occurrence here in CT seeing morons swerving in and out of traffic going 90+

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread