What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I’m in the waiting room to give plasma for the first time (1 Viewer)

Just finished up my #4 visit with the big bonus payouts...made $575 in 2 weeks  (wore Sean Wotherspoon Air Max 1/97's on the feet).

Now next visits go into the $40 / $100 per week ($140 total).  But, these past couple have gone so smoothly with zero side effects and all my arm holes are not detectable at all.   I make sure I drink a couple Gatorade's the day before and it's a 1.5 hr from arrival to leaving thing that I just play on my phone the whole time.   I'm gonna just continue to do it.  It's the definition of easy money. ($560 per month moving forward...will just use it to pay for my monthly groceries)

Just finished up my #4 visit with the big bonus payouts...made $575 in 2 weeks  (wore Sean Wotherspoon Air Max 1/97's on the feet).

Now next visits go into the $40 / $100 per week ($140 total).  But, these past couple have gone so smoothly with zero side effects and all my arm holes are not detectable at all.   I make sure I drink a couple Gatorade's the day before and it's a 1.5 hr from arrival to leaving thing that I just play on my phone the whole time.   I'm gonna just continue to do it.  It's the definition of easy money. ($560 per month moving forward...will just use it to pay for my monthly groceries)
This detail is so delicious.

@offdeeUse that mederma consistently, GB. I'm another one with those little dimple scars in each elbow from donating frequently in college (early 90s).

Last edited by a moderator:
@offdeeUse that mederma consistently, GB. I'm another one with those little dimple scars in each elbow from donating frequently in college (early 90s).
Yep, been using it.  I really can't even tell where they poked on the first 2 times anymore and that was just a week ago.

My donations make my monthly car payment plus a little extra in the pocket.

Visit #5 today.  Will get $90 for 1.5 hrs.  Flexin extra hard on em with the Jordan 1 low Travis Scott Mochas. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the compensation vary so much as you donate more? You're past the taxable threshold already anyway, right?

Why does the compensation vary so much as you donate more? You're past the taxable threshold already anyway, right?
I couldn't find anything in the tax code specific to individuals donating plasma. It appears to be a gray area. Some of the tax services include it in income and others call the plasma a donation and the cash received a gift. 

So the way it works is they want/need you to donate twice in one calendar week (Mon-Sun).  Every donation gets $40, but the 2nd donation of the week gets an added "bonus" that's tacked onto that base $40 as an incentive.  And that "bonus" changes each week..probably to get people to actively look for it and remember it.

This week's 2nd donation bonus was $50 so I got the $40+$50 ($90).   Next week's 2nd donation bonus is $80 so next Thursday I'll actually get $120.

So next week's total will be $40 on Tuesday + $120 on Thursday....$160 for 3 hrs of my time.

I’m only teasing GB but I admire the audacity to proudly boast about your high fashion kicks you rock when donating your blood to pay for food. 

Isn't that the lovely irony in all of this though?   I'm no different then most of the others in that room....saying you're doing it for life expenses, when actuality we're just doing it to feed our addiction.  Mine just doesn't happen to be hard drugs.  lol

After 1 month (9 total visits) made $1,015.

Was about 15 total hrs of my time over a 4 week period.

That comes out to $68 per hour and $113 per visit... for playing on my phone. :make it rain:

Kicks gettin lots of love from the plasma homies today… Air Jordan 3 Retro Free Throw Line White Cement.
stockx or are you getting lucky on releases?

I buy all very lightly used from collectors off eBay. Like buying a car that’s a month old with very low miles. All these big collectors have so many shoes they never wear a pair more than once or twice and then just get the itch to sell for some reason.

I don’t have hundreds of shoes, I have about 14 that are my grails so have flipped and traded and other nonsense to get my collection. The only releases I’ve won (and it’s not many), I’ve used the shoe to add with cash to get what I really I want. It’s like a little game to me (like FF trades trying to build the best Dynasty team). I still pay too much and have to search a lot to get quality and sz 12, but better than retail.

Last edited:
I did this for several months. Pretty good money really for the time it takes. I think I'm going to start back next week and just let the cash build up for Christmas gifts.

I did this for several months. Pretty good money really for the time it takes. I think I'm going to start back next week and just let the cash build up for Christmas gifts.
Yeah if you have the time and a clinic relatively close by it's like stealing. I work from home and can do majority of replies from my phone and a clinic 13 mins away.

Giving the old veins a rest this week. Hope the nurses and all my plasma bros don't miss me too much.

Giving the old veins a rest this week. Hope the nurses and all my plasma bros don't miss me too much.
Side effects?

No, just the areas where they poke get a little tender after a while so just gonna give them a rest for the week to fully heal and go for another stretch. I've done it 11 total times so far (so that's 5 weeks straight).

never mind i see you named it earlier is that on 76th or what take that to the bank bromigo

Took a couple weeks off with my move scouting travels but back on the scene today.

On feet: Jordan 4 Union Off Noir

I know around here that I have to wait 6 weeks if I want to change donation company. They say it is medical, I think it is more they don't want patients easily jumping around to chase bonuses.
Have you looked at any places in Summerlin?

Users who are viewing this thread