What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How To Get To Heaven When You Die (1 Viewer)

Did you really just say do I think they are hung up on it because they have to keep addressing it?   :lmao:
No that's exactly what you said. 

Actually you said that they're hung up on sex because the pope has to keep addressing the problem of pedophile priests. That's what you said. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The bible doesn't even mention pedophilia. 
First of all who says it has to be in the Bible? Not the Bible. Because there was no Bible when any of the books in it were written. 

Second, the Bible makes it pretty clear I think how the Lord feels about children. Whole societies were eradicated for sacrificing them, and Jesus was pretty clear about His affinity for them right?

Right you asked the question right after I said it.  :lmao:

And it's verifiable facts that support my claim. You have yet to provide anything to the contrary besides your opinion. 

What hill is that?
HTH

They are equally hung up on all seven deadly sins. 
For some strange reason you're not admitting that the Catholic church has a problem with, as compared to any other sin, child paedophilia. You might be the the only person alive that believes this, including the pope. That is a troubling position (hill to die on).  That makes it fascinating for any observer. 

First of all who says it has to be in the Bible? Not the Bible. Because there was no Bible when any of the books in it were written. 

Second, the Bible makes it pretty clear I think how the Lord feels about children. Whole societies were eradicated for sacrificing them, and Jesus was pretty clear about His affinity for them right?
So Jesus was a pedophile?

And where are you getting your belief that christianity holds pedophilia as a "more abhorrent sin" if not from the bible?

The bible is pretty specific about sin, so if you're going to claim something is a "more abhorrent sin" than any sin mentioned in the bible, I'd really like to know your source. 

Archbishop McCarrick, your Excellency, wait!  

Good grief, they've been covering up for this guy a long time. 
Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, the former archbishop of Washington and a prominent Roman Catholic voice in international and public policy, has been removed from ministry after an investigation found credible allegations that he sexually abused a teenager 47 years ago while serving as a priest in New York.

The monsignor, “under the guise of measuring his inseam, unzipped his pants, and sexually assaulted him,” Mr. Noaker said. “The kid had just turned 16, and kind of pulled back, and McCarrick was a little surprised by that.”

“Let’s not tell anyone about this,” the monsignor told the student, according to Mr. Noaker.

Over the following year, Monsignor McCarrick occasionally saw the teenager and told him how good-looking he was. The young man was again selected in 1972 to be a Christmas Mass altar boy, and vowed to be more cautious this time, his lawyer said. Another man did the measuring, but Monsignor McCarrick was there and cornered him in a bathroom, Mr. Noaker said.

“He just came in, grabbed him, shoved his hand into his pants and tried to get his hand into his underwear, and the kid had to struggle and push him away,” the lawyer said.

Robert Hoatson, a former New Jersey priest who now runs Road to Recovery, an organization that helps victims of abuse by clergy, said that Archbishop McCarrick’s sexual attraction to young male seminarians and priests was known to officials of the Archdiocese of Newark in the 1990s.

In 1994, as a young religious brother, Mr. Hoatson expressed concern about reports that Archbishop McCarrick was sleeping with seminarians to an official in the Newark archdiocese, he recalled. “Oh no, that ended,” he said the official told him, essentially confirming his suspicion. “He stopped that because Bishop McHugh and the papal nuncio told him to stop.” Bishop James McHugh was then an auxiliary bishop in the diocese, who would have received such reports.

The Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin, at the direction of Pope Francis, has instructed Cardinal McCarrick that he is no longer to exercise publicly his priestly ministry.
Seems like a full time job for the pope to have to keep addressing this. 

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS.  IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

[SIZE=12pt]2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:[/SIZE]

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God.  That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

[SIZE=12pt]3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.[/SIZE]

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4.  Dear friends, Take this moment, If you want to accept Jesus Christ free gift of salvation, Or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, pray this from your heart, humbly to God:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent and turn to You, placing my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. 

[SIZE=12pt]Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.  [/SIZE]
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet.  

Actually you said that they're hung up on sex because the pope has to keep addressing the problem of pedophile priests. That's what you said. 
With everything going on in the world right now THIS is the lead story in tonight's national news. 

1000 children raped in a span of 70 years and the crimes were covered up by over 300 priests and clergymen. Punch line - this was just one state, Pennsylvania.  This horrible religion needs to be held responsible and dismantled. 

I keep waiting for God to rain down that Sodom and Gomorrah fire and brimstone on the Vatican. There can't be 50 righteous amoung them. Not to mention they've raped hundreds of thousands of children.  

You lost me at ...

(Breaking Israel News) Men dressed in white and wearing ancient tarbooka drums around their necks stand on the edges of the ancient hills of the Shomron. Then, the sound of the shofar breaks the silence and with its blast a pack of runners begin their journey through the lavish orchards, aromatic vineyards and layers of voluptuous greenery that was once – and is still today – the heart of Israel.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/prophecy-in-running-israels-2018-bible-marathon/#XD6SQkfTRlIRfWqB.99

With everything going on in the world right now THIS is the lead story in tonight's national news. 

1000 children raped in a span of 70 years and the crimes were covered up by over 300 priests and clergymen. Punch line - this was just one state, Pennsylvania.  This horrible religion needs to be held responsible and dismantled. 
:shock:

I want some sort of #metoo movement to happen to these bastards.  I actually googled it and learned that nuns across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America came out with the real metoo movement this summer.  Apparently nuns are not safe from these guys either.  In both cases I learned that many times when pregnancy happened they covered it up with abortions.  How the hell do men of god reconcile that?

I guess a grand jury report and at lease a day in the headlines is better than nothing.  But, to me it feels several magnitudes worse than #metoo.  It should be in the headlines and across social media until the majority of these guys are behind bars.

The grand jury report catalogs horrific instances of abuse: a priest who raped a young girl in the hospital after she had her tonsils out; a victim tied up and whipped with leather straps by a priest; and another priest who was allowed to stay in ministry after impregnating a young girl and arranging for her to have an abortion.

Attorney General Josh Shapiro said that the cover-up by senior church officials “stretched in some cases all the way up to the Vatican.”

I want some sort of #metoo movement to happen to these bastards.  I actually googled it and learned that nuns across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America came out with the real metoo movement this summer.  Apparently nuns are not safe from these guys either.  In both cases I learned that many times when pregnancy happened they covered it up with abortions.  How the hell do men of god reconcile that?

I guess a grand jury report and at lease a day in the headlines is better than nothing.  But, to me it feels several magnitudes worse than #metoo.  It should be in the headlines and across social media until the majority of these guys are behind bars.
I don't think those guys are going to heaven when they die. 

Not because Jesus will tell them no. But because heaven does not exist. 

Yes this is horrific and I agree it feels much worse in magnitude than #metoo.  So sad.

Holy ####. 

Literally. 

Pope Francis taking the 5th when he was asked whether he knew about Mccarrick and covered it up. 

Users who are viewing this thread