What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How often do you have a "tough day"? (1 Viewer)

How many times a month would you say you end the day and think, "That was a tough day".

• 0-1

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • 4-7

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 13-20

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 21+

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's just me, so I thought I'd ask here.

It seems like I hear more frequently now people talking about how they need to help or attend to a person because "They had a tough day".

As in, "I had to skip the event as I needed to stay home with ____________ as they've had a tough day".

And for this discussion, assume this isn't the person just trying to get out of the event.

Made me wonder how much is "normal" for this?

How many times a month would you say you end the day and think, "That was a tough day".

Very rarely. It seems to go in spurts depending on how dumb people at work are being making things a lot more difficult than they need to be. By and large though, I can write that kind of stuff off and it doesn't really affect my day to day life where I consider it having a "tough" day.

I have it pretty good.

I went with 2-3, although I'm probably closer to 1-2 days a months.

I'd consider it a tough day if I leave work extremely frustrated with the place or upset enough over things that I can't shake it off on my drive home. I have close to a 45 minute commute and that generally gives me enough time to decompress so I'm not taking work stress into my home life.

Home life is giving me more "tough days" lately but that is about 95% family drama and having 4 teenagers. 5% shout out to home repairs that infuriate me because I'm not handy.

If I'm skipping an event to stay home, it was probably a small social event anyway. I wouldn't miss something with my kids or that was important over a bad day.

I generally have two sources of tough days.... anything else is very unusual.... these don't happen very often either.
1) Work. As with all work, things can go south and be tough. I generally rebound from them pretty quickly and will be fine.
2) My kids. Really just one of them. Who can be the biggest jackoff stubborn PIA ever. I love the kid to death but when he gets something in his head, often with absolute NO logic or reason in it, he will go down with the Titanic versus get in the lifeboat. Last week, as an example, they kids come home and I ask everyone to change as my daughter had an Orthodontist appointment. He says he isn't going. I gave him some time and then asked him nicely over and over.... I then threaten him with no video games for two weeks.... I am not leaving you home alone, your two options are for me to drag you to the car and you lose video games for two weeks or you come to the 10 min Orthodontist appointment, come home and play video games until your track meet. Finally ran out of time, I had to drag the kid to the car.... this is not easy. He is about 5'4'' and very athletic and strong for a 10 year old. My time of being able to do that physically is within seeing distance of ending. Now, this isn't him coming along nicely.... think a skittle haired protestor of whatever cause sitting in the middle of a road and the cops come to move them.... screaming, yelling, crying that I am hurting them.... the whole shabang. Beside it hurting my back... it is a very mentally/emotionally draining thing as I hate it with a passion. He just sometimes gets this switch in his head and it is absolutely impossible to talk or rationalize with him. Everything is "I don't care".... well, now he does care that he doesn't get to play Fortnite for two weeks after this fun.

5% shout out to home repairs that infuriate me because I'm not handy.
I don't consider that a tough day, but I'm with you on how much I hate that kind of stuff. It's just not how I want to be spending my time. I tend to pay others to deal with it rather than doing it myself. That's still a hassle because you have to organize/coordinate it, and there are the occasions that they don't get it right and you have to waste more time getting it corrected.

The past 4-5 years of my life have been extraordinarily difficult. I’m certainly not a pessimistic person—in fact—I try to stay as positive about things as I possibly can—but the last 4-5 years have been brutal. Navigating through Covid as a person who is immunocompromised (while taking care of my elderly diabetic mother) while having a job that is considered non-essential was hard, then I got my life and career compromised by a smash and grab robbery that took me out of the field that I loved for nearly a year. A couple weeks into that hiatus from my career—my mother took a brutal fall that nearly took her life. After months of physical therapy and getting her health back up—and months of therapy for me—I finally felt comfortable enough to get back into the field that I had built my career on. Ten days ago, I was assaulted and robbed at the parking lot of my job and ended up with a should dislocation, two fractures in my shoulder, and a torn labrum in the assault. Don’t get me wrong—I feel lucky to be alive and I try to be grateful for every breath I take and every second that I have with my mother, friends and family—but I haven’t had many “non tough” days in the past 4-5 years.

I generally have two sources of tough days.... anything else is very unusual.... these don't happen very often either.
1) Work. As with all work, things can go south and be tough. I generally rebound from them pretty quickly and will be fine.
2) My kids. Really just one of them. Who can be the biggest jackoff stubborn PIA ever. I love the kid to death but when he gets something in his head, often with absolute NO logic or reason in it, he will go down with the Titanic versus get in the lifeboat. Last week, as an example, they kids come home and I ask everyone to change as my daughter had an Orthodontist appointment. He says he isn't going. I gave him some time and then asked him nicely over and over.... I then threaten him with no video games for two weeks.... I am not leaving you home alone, your two options are for me to drag you to the car and you lose video games for two weeks or you come to the 10 min Orthodontist appointment, come home and play video games until your track meet. Finally ran out of time, I had to drag the kid to the car.... this is not easy. He is about 5'4'' and very athletic and strong for a 10 year old. My time of being able to do that physically is within seeing distance of ending. Now, this isn't him coming along nicely.... think a skittle haired protestor of whatever cause sitting in the middle of a road and the cops come to move them.... screaming, yelling, crying that I am hurting them.... the whole shabang. Beside it hurting my back... it is a very mentally/emotionally draining thing as I hate it with a passion. He just sometimes gets this switch in his head and it is absolutely impossible to talk or rationalize with him. Everything is "I don't care".... well, now he does care that he doesn't get to play Fortnite for two weeks after this fun.
Been there, that's a tough day. Hang in there is all I can say and know that you're not alone.

The past 4-5 years of my life have been extraordinarily difficult. I’m certainly not a pessimistic person—in fact—I try to stay as positive about things as I possibly can—but the last 4-5 years have been brutal. Navigating through Covid as a person who is immunocompromised (while taking care of my elderly diabetic mother) while having a job that is considered non-essential was hard, then I got my life and career compromised by a smash and grab robbery that took me out of the field that I loved for nearly a year. A couple weeks into that hiatus from my career—my mother took a brutal fall that nearly took her life. After months of physical therapy and getting her health back up—and months of therapy for me—I finally felt comfortable enough to get back into the field that I had built my career on. Ten days ago, I was assaulted and robbed at the parking lot of my job and ended up with a should dislocation, two fractures in my shoulder, and a torn labrum in the assault. Don’t get me wrong—I feel lucky to be alive and I try to be grateful for every breath I take and every second that I have with my mother, friends and family—but I haven’t had many “non tough” days in the past 4-5 years.

I'm sorry GB. Hang in there and I hope things take a turn for the better.

work related: for the past 1-2 yrs more days than not i have dealt with "emergent" issues for a particularly challenging client. I am truly exhausted and fairly burnt out from them. This definitely impacted family and social dynamics. even a couple of weeks ago.. briefly thought about doing a day trip to lake tahoe with a friend to get in a final day of skiing. after a nasty week, i just did not have the energy to do so. I had been asking to transfer the account for about 5 months and it is finally occurring. So, life is settling back in.

a little more than a year ago my father had a stroke and things were looking dim. repaired a valve and he is doing great. but for about 6 months it was rather trying

I don't feel like the days are so tough I need professional help or medication, but this is probably the most difficult my life has ever been.

Was offered the GM position at my shop and thought the pay raise was worth it... many days I realize it's not. Add four daughters to that, youngest is a Senior in high school, oldest is getting married this Summer and middle two are at GVSU and U of M.. Stress levels are thru the roof for me daily..

Luckily we have a great group of couples friends we hang out with to relax and have fun. Also boating season is right around the corner. Docks are in, boat goes in this weekend. Summers are WAY GOODER.

That's definitely beyond a tough day. Hang in there.

It seems like I hear more frequently now people talking about how they need to help or attend to a person because "They had a tough day".

As in, "I had to skip the event as I needed to stay home with ____________ as they've had a tough day".

And for this discussion, assume this isn't the person just trying to get out of the event.

I voted 0-1 but maybe that’s because a lot of days are tough days but you just grind through them and they just are what they are so they don’t seem out of the ordinary.

I voted 13-20. I figured about 3 times per week + throw in an extra day for maybe grading or something on a Sunday. I'm an experienced HS teacher. I've talked about the increasing difficulties with this job, on the board before. I've never been a guy that was overly concerned about pay. In another post, I mentioned that I may be moving back home to the PNW. While looking for jobs, I found teaching positions open at a local high school for $46k a year. A job as a -dishwasher- at a resort, in the same town, was offering a salary scale, that ended at $49,500.

When I originally looked at this poll, No joke, I thought it was going to be "how many hours in the day?" are "tough" and then I realized that it was "days per month" and it kinda hit me hard.

This happened today:

I ask students who are tardy to remain outside while I get the rest of the class settled and started. This usually takes 60-120 seconds of time, before I open the door for the tardy kids. It is more of a "get here on time" message than anything else. I never yell or scream or raise my voice about it, or about anything that goes on in the classroom.

Today, a student that was not tardy, went to put his backpack to the side of the room (which is another expectation of mine, and a previously held, school-wide rule). As he did so, he put his hand on the door knob to open it for the late students. I told him, "Hey, don't let those guys in yet." He looked me dead in the eye, and said, "Oh, no, I'm letting them in." I stood up, and told the 3 tardy kids to remain outside. They all did, and didn't say a word about it.

We were taking a test today. The kid who straight up disobeyed me, finished his 30 question test on Modern Foreign Policy in under 5 minutes, and scored a 90%. His friend, who sits behind him, took 2 seconds longer, and got an 86%. I sent a private message to the student who got the 90% and had openly disobeyed my earlier request, that I would not be accepting his score, but that we could discuss him doing a re-take exam at another time.

After receiving this message, the student then stood up (in what was a silent, testing environment), and attempted to start what I guess I would call a "mutiny" against me, because I have standards and ask kids to follow, very simple, reasonable rules. I did not yell, I did not scream. I literally just let the kid go off, I said "I'm sorry you're so upset" several times, until he eventually sat down, as no other students seemed willing to join his "cause" against me.

After class, he came up to me and said "I apologize for that little act of defiance, earlier." I said, "yeah, you were really upset." He then began to berate me a second time as the bell rang. He told me that "I have to uphold a standard, and that I 'damn well know' that those kids should be let into the classroom." I told him calmly that I was not going to allow him to simply stand at my desk and yell at me, and that he needed to leave. He did.

I went to look up his information to call his parent about the incident and the last note in his file was from another teacher I know. The note said that she called home, the Mom answered, the teacher explained the issue to the Mother, the Mom said, "shut up" and hung up the phone. I chose not to call.

I'm a chill, laid back dude. I've been teaching at a public high school, in a working class neighborhood for 13 years. It is absolutely insane in classrooms right now. Check out Teacher Subreddits for more stories. Believe the posts you read. It's crazy.

I've been applying to jobs in other industries this Spring. I do not want to be back in the Fall. It sucks.

Last edited:
Whoa, that really sucks man. I hope you have support to talk things out and try to stay grounded as I can’t imagine the trauma this caused.

I don’t know exactly how to answer, but I probably have a “tough day” more often than not when working. I would certainly rather be doing something else most days, so it doesn’t put me a great mood. But no one would ever need to cancel anything for me.

Tough as in I don't want to do it (work) anymore - everyday.

Tough as in I need someone to attend to me? - never.

Last edited:
0-1 for me too but I would say it use to be as high as 4-7. Two things changed, 1) kids grew up, and 2) I got older and stopped letting things get to me. Nowadays it takes a lot to rile me up … go with the flow baby!

Something cool just happened. After that worse than usual day that I described above... I got home, only to see that my street was blocked off, and a notice was put in my door that my entire block is now under a precautionary "Boil Water Notice" due to a broken water main pipe.

So, I drove to the busy grocery store to buy bottles and gallons of water. As I was unloading the water from my trunk, I went to call my Mom on the phone, to vent / complain about my day. She didn't answer. So, I went into my phone and hit play on a "Tibetan Meditation" song that I use to help calm down and clear my mind.

I was still struggling to get this water out of my trunk, and the meditation music had been playing for maybe 5 seconds at the most.

Just then, a young woman walked across the street, and handed me my house keys that I had dropped on the ground. It was just an act of pure kindness that was totally unnecessary, out of the blue, and for no reason other than to help out another person.

I took a moment to genuinely thank her for that small deed. And it truly made me feel better. Like there is still stuff in the world that is awesome. Be kind to each other. You never know what kind of day somebody else has had.

Even if I have a tough day at work where everyone seems to peeve me off, I walk out the door and I'm happy. At the end of the day, all they can do is fire me and that wouldn't be the 1st time so I don't let the stress get to me. I do generally like my job so that does help. I'm also married to my bff and we seriously do not fight or argue so that part is great. We both make decent money and live well, but easily within our means so $ is not an issue. If you can't tell, I voted 0-1.

Two things changed, 1) kids grew up, and 2) I got older and stopped letting things get to me. Nowadays it takes a lot to rile me up … go with the flow baby!
This is really the ultimate advice for a happy life.
Wish I would have figured it out 20 years earlier. It isn’t like I didn’t have opportunities, as I was fortunate to have some great mentors in my life who gave me this specific advice, but it seems there is just something in many of us that doesn’t allow that sink in until later in life.

I voted before I read your description @Joe Bryant

I have hard days but very very rarely have days that I need “help” to get over.

I deal with the masses on a daily basis. It makes me not care for the masses much. If I don’t want to attend an event that isn’t important to my kid wife or immediate family, it’s not personal.

recently most of my worry is health related. Getting older is the suck

Something cool just happened. After that worse than usual day that I described above... I got home, only to see that my street was blocked off, and a notice was put in my door that my entire block is now under a precautionary "Boil Water Notice" due to a broken water main pipe.

So, I drove to the busy grocery store to buy bottles and gallons of water. As I was unloading the water from my trunk, I went to call my Mom on the phone, to vent / complain about my day. She didn't answer. So, I went into my phone and hit play on a "Tibetan Meditation" song that I use to help calm down and clear my mind.

I was still struggling to get this water out of my trunk, and the meditation music had been playing for maybe 5 seconds at the most.

Just then, a young woman walked across the street, and handed me my house keys that I had dropped on the ground. It was just an act of pure kindness that was totally unnecessary, out of the blue, and for no reason other than to help out another person.

I took a moment to genuinely thank her for that small deed. And it truly made me feel better. Like there is still stuff in the world that is awesome. Be kind to each other. You never know what kind of day somebody else has had.
Makes me think about a “tough day” I had when a flight home from St. John Newfoundland was delayed due to snow storm. Had to sit around town for 8 hours with the possibility I might have to spend the whole weekend there. So I call up my sister and whine about my “tough day” and she goes off on me … saying she would kill for a free day to check out St. John without the daily grind stuff she had to deal with. Basically gave me a wake up call.

So I wander town, see some amazing sites, walk into a pub and watch a Juno Award winning singer and enjoy a couple of pints. Ended up being one of the better days I ever had on the road. It’s all perspective …

It’s interesting because what I think you are talking about just happened to me this past weekend. Saturday night my wife and I were hosting (and paying for) a small family gathering of 16 people including significant others at an offsite location (not our home). One twenty-something family member was bringing a new boyfriend. A couple of hours before the event, the family member asked us in a group text whether it would be okay if the boyfriend brought his sister, the sister’s boyfriend and the sister’s two children because the sister (who no one knows or has ever met) was having a “tough day.” Apparently someone said something privately because the ask was immediately followed up with a “never mind” before we had a chance to respond. Now the family member making the request is super sweet and has a huge heart, but given that my wife and I were coming out of pocket to treat our family, it was a super odd request and contained the very same verbiage mentioned in your post.

It's seems like a more current phenomenon that people want to tell others about their bad day - especially on social media. Honestly, the only person I ever want to tell about my bad days is my wife and even then I'd rather not dwell on things so I frequently internalize. Now that's maybe an old school mentality and I'm not saying people shouldn't have bad days nor that they shouldn't share things going on. I just find it interesting that people would share that.

Vote 2-3 and it's almost always work related.

Perspective.

On a Dale Earnhardt JR podcast a driver was talking about how he got knocked out of a race and went to
Kenny Wallace? to berate Kenny about his screw up. Kenny told him his version of a "tough day". Which is
him backing his car out of the driveway to go to the store and kills his kid (I don't know the age).

If your tough day is work related I think you would realize you have a LOT more control over that.
Or just not exercising options you should or could be doing.

If you have to vent about work on a daily basis fix it or change jobs.
The third option is you just like to moan. Maybe try sarcasm and vent with laughter.

I can not imagine going through what might be a third of your life being close to miserable
or what you think miserable is.

I voted 13-20. I figured about 3 times per week + throw in an extra day for maybe grading or something on a Sunday. I'm an experienced HS teacher. I've talked about the increasing difficulties with this job, on the board before. I've never been a guy that was overly concerned about pay. In another post, I mentioned that I may be moving back home to the PNW. While looking for jobs, I found teaching positions open at a local high school for $46k a year. A job as a -dishwasher- at a resort, in the same town, was offering a salary scale, that ended at $49,500.

When I originally looked at this poll, No joke, I thought it was going to be "how many hours in the day?" are "tough" and then I realized that it was "days per month" and it kinda hit me hard.

This happened today:

I ask students who are tardy to remain outside while I get the rest of the class settled and started. This usually takes 60-120 seconds of time, before I open the door for the tardy kids. It is more of a "get here on time" message than anything else. I never yell or scream or raise my voice about it, or about anything that goes on in the classroom.

Today, a student that was not tardy, went to put his backpack to the side of the room (which is another expectation of mine, and a previously held, school-wide rule). As he did so, he put his hand on the door knob to open it for the late students. I told him, "Hey, don't let those guys in yet." He looked me dead in the eye, and said, "Oh, no, I'm letting them in." I stood up, and told the 3 tardy kids to remain outside. They all did, and didn't say a word about it.

We were taking a test today. The kid who straight up disobeyed me, finished his 30 question test on Modern Foreign Policy in under 5 minutes, and scored a 90%. His friend, who sits behind him, took 2 seconds longer, and got an 86%. I sent a private message to the student who got the 90% and had openly disobeyed my earlier request, that I would not be accepting his score, but that we could discuss him doing a re-take exam at another time.

After receiving this message, the student then stood up (in what was a silent, testing environment), and attempted to start what I guess I would call a "mutiny" against me, because I have standards and ask kids to follow, very simple, reasonable rules. I did not yell, I did not scream. I literally just let the kid go off, I said "I'm sorry you're so upset" several times, until he eventually sat down, as no other students seemed willing to join his "cause" against me.

After class, he came up to me and said "I apologize for that little act of defiance, earlier." I said, "yeah, you were really upset." He then began to berate me a second time as the bell rang. He told me that "I have to uphold a standard, and that I 'damn well know' that those kids should be let into the classroom." I told him calmly that I was not going to allow him to simply stand at my desk and yell at me, and that he needed to leave. He did.

I went to look up his information to call his parent about the incident and the last note in his file was from another teacher I know. The note said that she called home, the Mom answered, the teacher explained the issue to the Mother, the Mom said, "shut up" and hung up the phone. I chose not to call.

I'm a chill, laid back dude. I've been teaching at a public high school, in a working class neighborhood for 13 years. It is absolutely insane in classrooms right now. Check out Teacher Subreddits for more stories. Believe the posts you read. It's crazy.

I've been applying to jobs in other industries this Spring. I do not want to be back in the Fall. It sucks.
I've been there too and all I can say is hang in there. Sorry you had to go through this and I hope you find something in another field that gives you some peace.

It's seems like a more current phenomenon that people want to tell others about their bad day - especially on social media. Honestly, the only person I ever want to tell about my bad days is my wife and even then I'd rather not dwell on things so I frequently internalize. Now that's maybe an old school mentality and I'm not saying people shouldn't have bad days nor that they shouldn't share things going on. I just find it interesting that people would share that.

Vote 2-3 and it's almost always work related.
i agree 1000% with your first sentence, but i don’t want to elaborate my thoughts for fear of the FFA police coming down on me.

that said, we’ve all have tough days, some maybe the worst days of our lives. maturity has taught me perspective…….much stated term, but rarely really used. no matter how bad i think i have it, i always know that someone is really hurting. like homeless, hungry or worse. my missed flight or car scratch or iphone battery being low do not create a tough day. i also tend to not advertise my issues. we all have them and it’s not a contest for who can make the other feel worse.

my only tough day now is when i allow some anxiety to creep in stemming from the loss of my last dog back in 2022. i’ve not been able to bounce back over his final days, even as carefree as i am. i think it’s because i injured my arm helping him and i haven’t been able to correct the injury for nearly 2 years. so, when i think of my injury and discuss with doctors, i think of him and haven’t been able to break a bad cycle. keeps me from sleeping a couple of nights every month.

This happened today:

I am confused. The kid who disobeyed you got a 90%, why mention the kid behind him getting an 86%? Do you think the kid behind him cheated off of him? Did they turn in the tests and you scored them right away before sending him a private message during class as the other students were still taking the test?

I went with 2-3, although I'm probably closer to 1-2 days a months.

I'd consider it a tough day if I leave work extremely frustrated with the place or upset enough over things that I can't shake it off on my drive home. I have close to a 45 minute commute and that generally gives me enough time to decompress so I'm not taking work stress into my home life.
I would agree with this. I am in the service business and it does seem I have more "tough days" than I used to have. People have changed and are a lot more demanding and difficult to deal with than they used to be as well. My "tough days" however are nowhere near what some people have to go through and I have to keep that in my mind as a go to a home that is mine with plenty of food in the freezer and other comforts of home.

I am confused. The kid who disobeyed you got a 90%, why mention the kid behind him getting an 86%? Do you think the kid behind him cheated off of him? Did they turn in the tests and you scored them right away before sending him a private message during class as the other students were still taking the test?
Yeah that confused me as well. Why isn't his test counting?

My experiences as a teacher are the opposite. It's easier than ever. The kids are lazier but they have such low social energy and are so dependent on their phones that they don't even really know how to be disruptive anymore. If I used to end class a few minutes early, I would have to try to manage the noise, kids trying to change seats, etc. so I always tried to fill every minute. Now, I intentionally build down time so I can play matchmaker with the kids to get them to actually talk to each other. When there is down time, kids just put their heads on their desk and look at their phones.

This happened today:

They do the tests on their computers. The kid that got an 86% (one fewer correct responses), sits directly behind the kid that got a 90%. The 86% kid, finished his test literally 2 seconds after the kid that got a 90% (the submissions are time stamped).

Out of ~80 students across three different class periods, those two finished their tests the fastest. They have both been absent for nearly 1/4 of the school year, and never score this well on tests. I did not tell the kid that got a 90% about the kid behind him, getting an 86% or the fact that he turned it in, two seconds after he did. I've learned that keeping "extra bits of information" to myself, can sometimes be helpful if things are escalated.

Yes, I sent a message to the kid that got a 90% while other students were finishing. I would do that differently next time. It was dumb. But, I truly didn't expect him to just stand up and start holding court, either. It was pretty wild.

No joke, the kid that got the 86%, came up to me after he finished his test, and asked me to "unlock his computer" (we can filter out certain websites). I asked him why he needed to be unblocked. Totally seriously and without an ounce of shame he responded, "to play games." He has 10 missing assignments this -quarter-.

Frankly, the fact that I have been so stressed over stuff like this, and things like kids being late to class, is beyond ridiculous. None of this actually matters. I'm not this guy. I don't care about this, when I remove myself from the classroom and am doing things I actually enjoy. I can't wait to get a different job. I care more about all of this than the kids do. They would be far happier with someone that doesn't care about trying to teach them well or try to get them to learn and grow. They just want to be left alone to play games or look at their phone. I know that sounds like it's b.s., but for a large percentage of students, that is just the God's honest truth. It's sad.

I need to move on. Oh well.

Yeah that confused me as well. Why isn't his test counting?

My experiences as a teacher are the opposite. It's easier than ever. The kids are lazier but they have such low social energy and are so dependent on their phones that they don't even really know how to be disruptive anymore. If I used to end class a few minutes early, I would have to try to manage the noise, kids trying to change seats, etc. so I always tried to fill every minute. Now, I intentionally build down time so I can play matchmaker with the kids to get them to actually talk to each other. When there is down time, kids just put their heads on their desk and look at their phones.

I'm in Florida, it is literally against the law for them to have their phones at school. Unless it is approved by a teacher and being used for "educational purposes." Which, obviously doesn't include Tik Tok or Instagram. I could absolutely choose to just ignore the law/rule. But I don't. Maybe I will, it would make my life easier.

6 months ago, the person who helped me support 20,000 users on The Power Platform left and they are just now working on back filling. :rolleyes:

Been putting in 45-50 hours a week since he left.. So, yea every workday for 6 months has been tough.

Enough so that I started seeing a mental health therapist to work though my anxiety.

Had a running "joke" telling management that if they didn't get me help soon, they'd be seeing me join the remote meetings wearing one of those white jackets that let you hug yourself.

Add on top of that my foot issues since November that I'm going in for surgery for in 2 months.. I see the end of the tunnel, but not seeing the light just yet.

This happened today:

They do the tests on their computers. The kid that got an 86% (one fewer correct responses), sits directly behind the kid that got a 90%. The 86% kid, finished his test literally 2 seconds after the kid that got a 90% (the submissions are time stamped).

Out of ~80 students across three different class periods, those two finished their tests the fastest. They have both been absent for nearly 1/4 of the school year, and never score this well on tests. I did not tell the kid that got a 90% about the kid behind him, getting an 86% or the fact that he turned it in, two seconds after he did. I've learned that keeping "extra bits of information" to myself, can sometimes be helpful if things are escalated.

Yes, I sent a message to the kid that got a 90% while other students were finishing. I would do that differently next time. It was dumb. But, I truly didn't expect him to just stand up and start holding court, either. It was pretty wild.

No joke, the kid that got the 86%, came up to me after he finished his test, and asked me to "unlock his computer" (we can filter out certain websites). I asked him why he needed to be unblocked. Totally seriously and without an ounce of shame he responded, "to play games." He has 10 missing assignments this -quarter-.

Frankly, the fact that I have been so stressed over stuff like this, and things like kids being late to class, is beyond ridiculous. None of this actually matters. I'm not this guy. I don't care about this, when I remove myself from the classroom and am doing things I actually enjoy. I can't wait to get a different job. I care more about all of this than the kids do. They would be far happier with someone that doesn't care about trying to teach them well or try to get them to learn and grow. They just want to be left alone to play games or look at their phone. I know that sounds like it's b.s., but for a large percentage of students, that is just the God's honest truth. It's sad.

I need to move on. Oh well.
Thanks. Yeah that job sounds very frustrating. Good luck and I hope you find something less frustrating.

As pointed out above, a "tough day" is a relative concept. For me, a "tough day" is when I work for at least twelve hours that day dealing with highly emotional and stressful issues and despite my best efforts I have demanding and/or dissatisfied clients that just consume all of my time and energy and I head home late with the gym bag in my car going unused. Then, when I get home I'm met with an equally exhausted wife who needs to fill me in on some issue with one of the kids (e.g. kid got in trouble at school) and deal with that. I then do some more work and go to bed without having done anything "fun" for the day.

Voted 4-7 days as the above happens at least once a week. That said, I'm not entirely complaining because I'm pretty well compensated for that day.

I do have significantly tougher days where I lose a trial or a client commits suicide or something combined with a family issue but those aren't regular.

Users who are viewing this thread