What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much to tip a priest that comes to exorcise my home (1 Viewer)

Is there a ghost down there? Otherwise, what is the priest going to do?

It's a house blessing I think. My wife believes there are spirits of victim(s) down there. She tried burning sage or rosemary or something already. Of course I think it's a load of bs, but she has to live down there not me.
So, what exactly is happening? She seems to think something noticeable is happening.

It's a house blessing I think. My wife believes there are spirits of victim(s) down there. She tried burning sage or rosemary or something already. Of course I think it's a load of bs, but she has to live down there not me.
So, what exactly is happening? She seems to think something noticeable is happening.

It's a feeling she has. Nothing has happened at all. She thinks she's sensitive to that kind of crap. She goes back to when Betty White died, she says she knew it had happened before it was made public.

It's a feeling she has. Nothing has happened at all. She thinks she's sensitive to that kind of crap. She goes back to when Betty White died, she says she knew it had happened before it was made public.
You may not know the answer, but whats the move after the priest comes in and she still has the feeling?
Did you just move into the house?

You may not know the answer, but whats the move after the priest comes in and she still has the feeling?
Did you just move into the house?
Have the priest move in

I totally get the skepticism about topics like these. I personally used to be a skeptic to these types of things as well—but even I have softened my stance/tone to them. I collect vintage watches—and I kid you not—some of my vintage timepieces have different feelings/energies. When I was looking at properties to purchase in Vegas 12-14 years ago—there were properties that were great deals that I liked that I passed on because of strange feelings that I got from them. I’ve never done anything like getting a priest to exorcise one of my properties or items—but I’ve burned sage over items and in areas with weird energy—and it seems to help. There is a good chance that maybe it just gives me some sort of placebo effect—but if getting a priest to come over will make your wife feel more comfortable in your home—it’s worth it. I’d personally recommend a $50 or $100 tip.

Have the priest "come over" when she is not at home. Tell her it is all clear and save yourself the $100. I mean, that will work until Sunday when she thanks the priest and he is like what are you talking about? You just have to tell her he was expecting $200 and is only acting that way because he felt like you were being cheap with the $100 tip.

Have the priest "come over" when she is not at home. Tell her it is all clear and save yourself the $100. I mean, that will work until Sunday when she thanks the priest and he is like what are you talking about? You just have to tell her he was expecting $200 and is only acting that way because he felt like you were being cheap with the $100 tip.
You don't think that somebody who is willing to pay > or = $100 for an exorcism won't actually want to witness the exorcism with her own eyes?

We got some saint buried in the backyard, and some saint in our foyer. St Francis maybe? Makes my wife happy. Guess the Catholic Church was hurting for money and had to sell figurines girl scout style at one point, cause it's total BS IMO. Women fall for this stuff as much as a 20% off day on Louis Vuitton.

You don't think that somebody who is willing to pay > or = $100 for an exorcism won't actually want to witness the exorcism with her own eyes?
I mean, I didn't say this plan was perfect.

Tips are for exceptional service. Unless you see a head spin 360 degrees or the priest is covered in vomit, just give him a hearty handshake.
Offering up a bathroom, and agreeing to any dry cleaning expenses sounds reasonable. Same goes for strippers, come to think of it.

I’ve been reading about home blessings. Maybe DIY and save the $100:

She's convinced anything short of a priest is not gonna work. She's down there most of the time so I don't mind, but the cost seems high.
It won't work if the ghost isn't also catholic. For a small donation ($100) I will refrain from telling that to your wife.

Oh, man. He should advertise and charge admission. Lots of people would probably like to witness an exorcism. Split the profits with the priest.

Tips are for exceptional service. Unless you see a head spin 360 degrees or the priest is covered in vomit, just give him a hearty handshake.
I concur. I'd need to see some heavy **** to drop a hundred on some nonsense like this. Like seeing the priest levitate and get slammed against the wall by an invisible force or the like.

This thread has to be a joke, right? People believe in religion? And if it's real, just tip the priest a little boy, he'll be overjoyed!

😉

Get a friend she has never met to rent a priest costume. Rig up some lights and sounds and things on fishing wire. Get your buddy to perform the “exorcism”.

Tell you wife it cost $200.

You and your buddy get a night at the club with cash to spend.

And get the “priest” to tell your wife that carnal acts need to be performed on the regular in that space as that drives away spirits.

Wasn't Betty White a hundred years old? This is like flopping a 4-card heart flush and then bragging about how you predicted a flush when a heart comes up on the turn or river.

Users who are viewing this thread