What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much to have a personal chauffeur for a year? (1 Viewer)

The Ref

Footballguy
This obviously comes up in the aftermath of the Tiger Woods DUI (or "medication reaction") but I find myself asking the same question anytime I hear a wealthy person get a DUI.  If I was a muti millionaire and you walked up to me in a bar to shoot the breeze and asked me what type of car I drove I'd reply "I'm not sure, you will have to ask my chauffeur".  

How much would this cost? Are there outsourced agencies that will drive someone around?  If you wanted to be able to say in ten minutes we are going out for dinner be ready and not have to phone a limo how would you even go about it?

cars and insurance aside, $200K per year for a pool of 2-3 licensed drivers?

You could probably pay two people and have them work in shifts for 60-70k a year I'm guessing. So a total of 120-140k? 

Or they could just pay for a cab or Uber if they have been drinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% fair.  But you are rich.  You want to be able to go to mcdonalds at 11PM and not have to wait 10 minutes for the uber to get to you.  

Yup. Single greatest invention for drinking since Happy Hour. 

No parking, no worried about what your BAL is, a guy picks you up no matter how hammered you are, where ever you are as long as your phone is still working.

If I'm a bar owner I'm thanking the dorks who invented that every day.

I think you can have exec. coverage for like 50k year in dallas but that's not a guy at your doorstep all the time that's more like your admin schedules your pickups and you have a window to get a off schedule one.  For on-demand, sheesh? double it?

According to this article, the top chauffeurs can make around $36k (looks like old 2010 data though).  So you could probably get 24/7 coverage for the price of a couple of these guys.  Although, if you employ them full time, you may need to start talking benefits.

What you really want is a full service butler that drives for you, handles the day-to-day maintenance of your estate, and maybe performs secretarial work and is a greeter as well.  I guess iyou can get a full service butler from England for $150,000, also giving him room and board on the estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you really want is a full service butler that drives for you, handles the day-to-day maintenance of your estate, and maybe performs secretarial work and is a greeter as well.  I guess iyou can get a full service butler from England for $150,000, also giving him room and board on the estate.
This will all lead to civil war.

Users who are viewing this thread