What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many have FAAB $$ left? (1 Viewer)

Boomer1

Footballguy
Still have $21 out of $100. 1st year with this format and blew/wasted the majority -

Biggest waste - $27 on Ridley :kicksrock:

Best pickup - $6 on Murray :towelwave:

If you blew it all, what week did you cash out. Have you missed out on anyone because of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have $79 of $200......awful, just awful

Have yet to make in impact pick up.

All bad:

Andy Dalton: $1(Bradford ended up playing, cost me this week)

Emmanuel Sanders: $7(injured after 1 game)

Sam Bradford: $8(picked him up to cover Stafford bye....he blows)

Marice Morris: $48(co-owner went a little overboard covering Best)

Bengals DST: $1

Jason Campbell: $16(injured)

Jared Cook: $38(co-owner again going waaaay overboard on our backup TE)

Rian Lindell: $1(injured)

Isaac Redman: $1(Mendy cover, no longer on team)

Thank god we drafted well.

I have $10 out of $100 left (12 team redraft, .5 ppr --but 1 ppr for TE--no mandatory TE, but 2 FLEX spots; no waiver wire & no $0 bids). I went risky this year blowing through my $$ early & often. Have spent on 49ers/Henne/Hernandez/Fred Davis/Washington/Titans/Barth/Tebow/Novak/Moreno. I hate having so little $$ left, but other than Henne, the one week Titans pickup (when they played @ Pitt) & Moreno (to cover week 8 BYEs), my moves have gotten me wins.

What I risk now, of course, is not being able to pick up the backup RB when the starter goes down to injury. My team has been carried by Brady/Megatron/Steve Smith so my margin for error is small since I don't have dependable RB production

my worst year of ww pickups. picked up battle for free but blew a ton of money on players i dont evem have anymore. i still have 50% of my budget left with nothing worthwhile being available for weeks. my biggest blunder was i considered spending 100% of my budget on murray the week before he blew up and i chickened out

my worst year of ww pickups. picked up battle for free but blew a ton of money on players i dont evem have anymore. i still have 50% of my budget left with nothing worthwhile being available for weeks. my biggest blunder was i considered spending 100% of my budget on murray the week before he blew up and i chickened out
I picked him up the week Jones dislocated his shoulder...dropped him the next week after he played through it

i currently have $85 left (started with $100).

spent $1 each on the redskins, 49ers, bills, and browns defenses who i dropped (stupid about the 49ers) because of the patriots defense.

spent $1 on the bengals defense who ive been rolling with

spent $5 on demarco

spent $1 on greg little, jacoby, and jon baldwin (who i dropped)

spent $2 on 2 IDP players

i'm going to go with like $15 for laurent robinson

I have $4 out of $100 left. Pissed most of it away chasing points from guys like Torain and top-ranked bye week fillers. Got pretty fortunate with Murray ($5) and Fred Davis for a buck.

Spent all my money after week 1 on Eric Decker, Dexter McCluster & Ed Dickson. Decker is still producing, McCluster is on waivers and Dickson is about to be.

Would have loved to have some of that money back for guys like Murray.

I have about 15% left. Spent about 35% on Cam Newton after week 1. Spent another 30% on David Nelson a few weeks later. Used the rest on bye week fillers and benchwarmers.

My team is pretty much eliminated from playoff contention already so I'm going to blow the rest on some random ### player this week.

Have 30 bucks left out of 100. I spent $30 on Cam, $10 on Denarius Moore, $5 on Percy Harvin and the rest on defenses/bye week fill-ins. Waiting for one more big drop from somebody to spend the rest of my budget.

I have $50 left of the original $100 - I threw $11 down the drain on the Raiders D this past week . . .

FAIL

I have $0 left in one league and a few bucks left in another. Last week I decided to spend most of what I had left picking up Manningham in one league and Crabtree in the other. No regrets. I don't see anyone on the wire worth get excited about. My teams are pretty set.

have $31 left ... 4 teams out of 12 still have the full $100

spent $42 on earnest graham when i was desperate for a starting RB for a week.

I have a little over half left in a 16-team IDP league. Nothing to really do about it; the bigger the league, the more likely you're going to have someone spend 3/4 of their budget on one player. That happened for Jackie Battle and Cruz, among others, and guys like Murray were already rostered. FAAB has really only been useful for IDPs for me.

Spent my last $19 (out of $100) on Laurent Robinson...also had the same bid on Helu but someone bid $20 for him. We can pick up people on the WW for $0, and I have gained pretty much all the depth I need to carry me into the playoffs.

I am down to about 30% in my two leagues (which is just where I wanted to be), but in another, I grabbed Manningham for 79% of my dollars and was wiped out by week 4. WR was the glaring weakness on my team, and it seems to have been an OK move (no one better I wished I had). I just felt bad because Manningham had to be dropped because he was on IT incorrectly. The league voted 10-2 that he needed to be dropped, yet no on bid on him in an attempt to let the owner get him back (why vote that way, I am not sure), but I did not know about this, so I blew all my $$$ on him (the next highest bid was 2% by the owner that had to drop him). Afterwards, I caught some heat and did feel bad once I realized a week later) what had happened, but I was stuck because I couldn't just give him back or else I would be left with nothing to show for all my $$ spent. I would feel worse if it were a good player (and in fact would not have bid on it if it were a Nicks, AJ, CJ-type player), but it still bothers me from time-to-time.

If it bothers you, why not offer a trade of Manningham for same amount you bid in waiver dollars back to the original Mannigham owner? I don't think the league would frown on that.

Users who are viewing this thread